How do you Fix Chadstone A.F.C?

Remove this Banner Ad

No issues with your intentions Just a Footballer, again I don't think that its a league issue - it boils down to being a club and culture issue. Before anyone gets offended, i'm not having a go at the social culture or the mateship etc. What i am saying is that Chadstone (and others), don't always have the capabilities to set up a system where there can be huge improvement. The league can't fix this, not even a coach can fix this, only a playing group can.

I watched the local footy show a few Fridays ago and they had a segment on Chadstone they had interviews with the president and coach and I got the impression that there was a great culture around the club and commitment to get better on the field but with a few SFL clubs close buy paying players it was hard to attract players .NOW I know all ammo clubs face this problem but it is amplified for chaddy playing d4 and with a poor win record .
If you are in the area try and get involved with them as aussie rules can not afford to loose any senior club as soccer is on the march .
so don't knock just get stuck in and help you might find your self in a great club .

Interesting thread.until you have been involved at clubs like chaddy It's hard to make comments that either wont offend someone or show youare not fully aware of a clubs situation.
A few points. A competition wouldnt be judged on the on field winning or losing performance of a club rather moreso how a club conducts itself. Chaddy has no problems in this regard. To say that it cant be a good league with a club like chadstone is ridiculous
CLubbies I can understand all arguments for and against but once a club drops back to one team its hard to rebuild both playing stocks and also build a culture around training commitment support staff social functions etc
AS for chadstone we unfortunately dont have the feeder groups school or juniors so rely heavily on mates of mates. Not being successful also makes it hard to attract or retain players. Something like 50 have left in the last 2 to 3 years for Various reasons. It would be great for just one group of guys to accept a challenge and walk into the club abd help out . Box hill nth are proof of that this year to support their core group who have been there for years good on them.
its not an easy fix and theres still hard times ahead but I am proud of the players who have committed to the club in bloody hard times. Never once do we feel sorry for ourselves the trouble is and many clubs who have been stuck in the same division for years wo finals will know this
losing becomes easy
and its bloody hard to change but we will keep trying to attract players instill the right attitudes and play our hearts out every week knowing we are going to struggle. Thanks to all the positive support over the year from so many people not just in d4.

Thank you Schwabby for commenting on my Thread. I hope you don't think I don't have any respect for you or the club, just the opposite. I admire you greatly. I have been involved in teams that have fininshed on the bottom of ladder, but haven't struggled to the degree Chadstone has for the last few years. I know (again, not as badly as you) how hard it is to front up every week knowing a loss, even a big loss is most likely the outcome. I just think it would be nice to see some reward for effort that most of people down there put in, and hopefully some good ideas thrown up on this thread might help, or at the very least help you get some players for next season. If I didn't respect you I would have just posted on the Div4 thread that your clubs is crap and should be kicked out of the leauge, but I don't believe that. I know that the comment about how a comp shouldn't be judged on one team is ridiculous, but that is something some people actually believe.

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you Fix Chadstone A.F.C?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back