Prediction How Good Will Jack Higgins Be?

How Good Will Jack Higgins Be? He will be as good as...

• Relton Roberts

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Cleve Hughes

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Aaron Fiora

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brent Hartigan

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Patrick Bowden

• Shane Tuck

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Michael Gale

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Tony Free

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Stewart Maxfield

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Kevin Bartlett

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • Andrew Collins

• Ty Zantuck

• Greg Tivindale

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Dion Prestia

Votes: 9 11.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t know how good he’ll be but he’s obviously giving himself the best chance possible and we can’t ask for more.
I’m glad he plays for us because if he didn’t he smacks of a player we’d all despise already. Oppo fans will hate him but oh well!!! Enjoy!

200 game player

He wont be a small foward, People see him and think another short player that can kick goals so he will be a small foward - No

Jack Higgins is a midfielder and in 2 - 3 years time he will be playing midfield
Yeah definitely.

Don’t know how good he’ll be but he’s obviously giving himself the best chance possible and we can’t ask for more.
I’m glad he plays for us because if he didn’t he smacks of a player we’d all despise already. Oppo fans will hate him but oh well!!! Enjoy!

Can i double 'like' this. He has campaigner written all over him.

200 game player

He wont be a small foward, People see him and think another short player that can kick goals so he will be a small foward - No

Jack Higgins is a midfielder and in 2 - 3 years time he will be playing midfield
Only place i can see him play...will be found out in the forward line if he plays there full time...no zip!

Highlights from before he was drafted suggest Axel Foley to me.
Had that ball sense and anticipation that had him taking that first step in the right direction before anyone else moved making him appear super zippy.
Rove the tap on the run & put it straight through the goals from the edge of the square before anyone else has had a chance to take 2 steps in his direction.
I long to see that shit happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pluses:
Racks up the possessions
Decent skills - inside and outside
Good footy brain
Fantastic attitude
Mature
Strong
Likes physicality (i.e. isn't totally outside)
Statistically the best junior since they started measuring them.

Minuses:
Short
Not fast of the mark
Not used to the relentless nature of AFL
Needs work on defensive side (as per almost all rookies), but starts from a pretty good point.

The foot speed is what limits him. He is unlikely to be a good option long term in a forward line like ours. Won't be that taller marking midfielder. But, you'd reckon he will end up as at least a good B midfielder - goal scoring midfielder that is.

So to me, if Jack can get strong and be able to play that contested role in the midfield then he is likely to become a very valuable player. I suspect he will be a role player rather than super star. But quite likely a high possession important role player. You have to have those guys - can't have 18 Dusty's (although I'd love to).

Great pick up.

200 game player

It's why I'm not worried about our glut of smalls. Butler and Rioli will be on wings in 2 years and Higgins will be a hybrid mid.Plenty of forward-line minutes to go around.

It'll be interesting to see how high his ceiling is. From everything I've read/heard he has an unbelievable work ethic, however how much of his progress compared to his peers have we already seen. Should at the very least be a solid contributor given work ethic and exposed form, however we might have already seen some of his best work given the professionalism he has approached his football from a young age. Don't have the links at hand but recall prior to the draft there was a lot of discussion about his use of coaches, access to dietitians etc. that gave him an edge come the draft. At worst a serviceable player 150 games, at best could be a boomer harvey/prestia type.

It'll be interesting to see how high his ceiling is. From everything I've read/heard he has an unbelievable work ethic, however how much of his progress compared to his peers have we already seen. Should at the very least be a solid contributor given work ethic and exposed form, however we might have already seen some of his best work given the professionalism he has approached his football from a young age. Don't have the links at hand but recall prior to the draft there was a lot of discussion about his use of coaches, access to dietitians etc. that gave him an edge come the draft. At worst a serviceable player 150 games, at best could be a boomer harvey/prestia type.

All the early prep he did, just gets him ready to tackle a professional environment IMO, nothing can really prepare you for playing against the best, except playing against the best.

Plenty of improvement left IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction How Good Will Jack Higgins Be?

Back