Nardz

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NUFC
if fanfooty can have live player scoring, why the hell cant dream team/supercoach?? how hard can it possibly be? why do we have to wait til the day after the last game? are we to believe theres some office somewhere where people are rushing with pen paper and calculators to put together all the stats over the weekend?

1. Licensing issues. Champion Data would undoubtedly be asking Virtualsports to pay more for having a live feed than for late data.

2. Traffic issues, as go the pies said. We're having enough trouble at FanFooty with 2000 people accessing the same data at once during matches, let alone 150,000 Dream Team coaches.

3. No extra revenue for Virtualsports. Unless users pay extra for live scores, as happens in the US with Yahoo and ESPN and others... but how many fantasy fans would pay for live scoring? Enough to make it worthwhile?

m0nty_ said:
1. Licensing issues. Champion Data would undoubtedly be asking Virtualsports to pay more for having a live feed than for late data.

2. Traffic issues, as go the pies said. We're having enough trouble at FanFooty with 2000 people accessing the same data at once during matches, let alone 150,000 Dream Team coaches.

3. No extra revenue for Virtualsports. Unless users pay extra for live scores, as happens in the US with Yahoo and ESPN and others... but how many fantasy fans would pay for live scoring? Enough to make it worthwhile?

I buy StatTracker every year for my NFL and NBA fantasy leagues. $10 for the whole season, pocket change. Sure beats having to press refresh every 10secs the next day hanging out for the scores to come up.

nah its alright the way it is i reckon stuff payin money just for it to be a little quicker if your that desperate you ll get a calculater and a pen and add em up.

its not that hard

if fanfooty can have live player scoring, why the hell cant dream team/supercoach?? how hard can it possibly be? why do we have to wait til the day after the last game? are we to believe theres some office somewhere where people are rushing with pen paper and calculators to put together all the stats over the weekend?

dream team does have live scoring this year
great feature

i didnt even realise they've had it this year. out of habit i just don't log in til monday. lol

and i think that's my first bumped post. i'm touched ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

How hard could it possibly be...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back