How is Steamer lookin?

Remove this Banner Ad

He's put on a fair bit of muscle over the pre season, however at training on wednesday he looked unfit and he missed about 30 shots at goal and he was raging hardcore haha
Interesting, the Cleve Hughes I and many others saw looked to be a fair bit trimmer and fit and was nailing 90% of the shots at goal he took

Clean Knees must be given the opportunity to play as a FF next year. Richo needs to be out of the forward 50 so Cleve can show what he can do. We know he is a good mark and a nice set shot for goal. What we also know is that his ground work, defensive pressure and ability to throw himself into contest after contest is poor. I don't care about how many goals he kicks, I'd rather him show that he is prepared to work his arse off.

Interesting, the Cleve Hughes I and many others saw looked to be a fair bit trimmer and fit and was nailing 90% of the shots at goal he took

In the Sunday Hun, the club nominated Cleve the Steamer as one of the pre season stars - you know, never been fitter, stronger, better.

To me, a guy who knows how to lead from the goal square onto a lace out pass from a Cotchin/Deledio/Foley/Cousins bursting from the centre square could be pretty handy in 2009.

I'm on the Steamer Train - TOOT TOOT!!!

In the Sunday Hun, the club nominated Cleve the Steamer as one of the pre season stars - you know, never been fitter, stronger, better.

To me, a guy who knows how to lead from the goal square onto a lace out pass from a Cotchin/Deledio/Foley/Cousins bursting from the centre square could be pretty handy in 2009.

I'm on the Steamer Train - TOOT TOOT!!!

hey man, is there a link on that?

hey man, is there a link on that?

I can't find the link, it was actually in the Sunday Age under the heading "The State of Play at your club"

The sub heading was "Who is in good shape?" and for Richmond they mentioned Andrew Raines, Luke McGuane, Cleve the Steamer (that actual wording too) Adam Thomson, Matthew White, Coughlan and the capt.

Under the heading "Who is injured" they stated Pettifer as a long way off, JON suffering from groin soreness and hurt feelings after learning he has replaced Greg Tivendale as the BF whipping boy, Tambling groin soreness back after Christmas, Cotchin (calf) and Rance (achilles) all due back with Tambo after Christmas.

There you go, don't need the link

I can't find the link, it was actually in the Sunday Age under the heading "The State of Play at your club"

The sub heading was "Who is in good shape?" and for Richmond they mentioned Andrew Raines, Luke McGuane, Cleve the Steamer (that actual wording too) Adam Thomson, Matthew White, Coughlan and the capt.

Under the heading "Who is injured" they stated Pettifer as a long way off, JON suffering from groin soreness and hurt feelings after learning he has replaced Greg Tivendale as the BF whipping boy, Tambling groin soreness back after Christmas, Cotchin (calf) and Rance (achilles) all due back with Tambo after Christmas.

There you go, don't need the link

thanks mate apreciate it :thumbsu:

What else do you want from a foward people? He takes a good grab and kicks a good goal. Atleast he can put it through the middle unlike Richo. This is Richo's last year, hes been a great but his time is coming up just like Johnson then year after Brown, Simmonds and Bowden probably last of all of them.

Richo's stats were good this season, I agree on that but.. you guys have to agree his goal kicking has always been woeful which hurts us in so many matches, his disposal when around the wing area can cost us going other way and his decision making is also poor sometimes. Plus side of him is his still a good contributer for his age and when hes on fire hes really on fire and lifts the team. I love him, I hate him .. but time for him to go at end of next season and I hope he doesn't play all 22 matches, give Cleve a go and Gourdis.

May you rot in hell for suggesting such a thing, his conversion rate is as high as any forward playing the game and to even suggest richo is in his last year should have you banned for life

Remove this Banner Ad

How is Steamer lookin?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back