How long have you

Remove this Banner Ad

I was old enough to read the papers in 1962 and got the idea then (when we beat the bullies by lots one day) that this footy might be a good game to get into. In 63 we won! how easy is this I thought!!!
I was old enough to head off alone to the MCG to watch us lose the '67 GF and was working in WA in 89 for that dose of agony. In 92 and 94 I got to the G again only to have it all end in tears. In 95 I could not raise the courage to attend but this did not help the pain when it duly arrived.

All of a sudden the above is just a great piece of history for me and a testament to the courage of the loyal supporters and the club and the city.

I said to the kids after the last loss that I will not drop off the perch until we win one, so I guess I had better keep up with the heart pills and drive carefully as I head back home!

go cats 2008

kudos

my old man migrated from England in 1965 and started barracking for the cats because they shared the same colors as his hometown soccer team, Sheffield wednesday.

When he went to his first game he started cheering loudly after geelong scored a point and looked around aand thought "why isnt anybody cheering?" heheh

my old man migrated from England in 1965 and started barracking for the cats because they shared the same colors as his hometown soccer team, Sheffield wednesday.

When he went to his first game he started cheering loudly after geelong scored a point and looked around aand thought "why isnt anybody cheering?" heheh

Lmao :D

Hey sometimes behinds can be very important. They were the difference between Geelong and Collingwood the other week. ;)

All my 22 years of living.
Haha when I was a kid I went with mum and dad to the games and I lvoed Gary Ablett Snr.
I remember one time at the MCG we were playing Essendon and I was this little kid and everytime the supporters would say "GEELONG" a Essendon supporter behind us would go "SUCKS" so I turned around and shook my fist at her and yelled at her.. she wouldn't do it after that.
Haha.
Then when everyone was saying "GEELONG" In between I would say "GARY ABLETT"
Haha.
I was never a PASSIONATE supporter till 99' I loved the way Darren Milbrn played, he became my favorite player and I've been a passionate supporter since then.

I've been a great supporter for about 8 days now :). I don't know much about footy but I do have a really good bbq area with a tele so I was nominated by my mates to hold the GF bbq. I didn't need my arm twisting I tell you, any excuse for beer and bbq sounds good to. So with the bbq approaching fast I had to learn a bit about this footy stuff and I eventually found myself here. We had a great day, good food, plently beer lots of cheering and I only had to wait a week to win my first GF, gotta love that. :D roll on next season :thumbsu:

Since 1976

Good year to grace the earth.

31 long years. Yes there has been excitement through the years, in fact plenty of it but success, not really. The NAB Cup in 06 was the biggest thing we'd won since defeating St Kilda in 91 for the Just Jeans Cup in Aukland.

In a Carlton mad family I'm not sure how I came about supporting the cats but stuck fat despite going to virtually every Carlton game for about 8 years.

Now I've convinced my son to follow the cats after he had a short stint with the Pies. He's been on board for about 4 years now and loves it. 4 years and he sees a Premiership, go figure.

Was born in 1989. Born into a Geelong family. I went for the Horses (I thought AFL team names were based on animals... :() till about 1993 when I was converted. Cannot remember any Grand Final losses, but remember watching bits of the 1995 loss.

Since 1976

Same here.

Went to my first game in 1984....Round 1 vs Fitzroy, which just happened to be the first game of Gary Ablett senior, Jacko and Greg Williams.

Became a member in 1993, and have been ever since. :D

My father used to sharefarm for Des Tuddenham and used to bring the essendon boys up for training sessions on the farm (this was back in the days of Ken Fletcher (Dustin's dad). So we were all bomber supporters back then.

Once we moved to the western districts of Victoria I got pissed off with Essendon and as all 9 year olds do I switched teams (my mother suggested the cats). That was 1976 and I haven't changed since so I've seen a lot of heartache during the 90's especially.

There was no better feeling than watching the cats dish out a thrashing in a grand final because I remember all too well what it was like to be on the end of those (twice to west coast and once to carlton).:thumbsu:

since I was born 1976! 1st number on jumper was 11 for peter featherby then we he retired Williams took no 11 but I changed to a young bloke who wore no. 5 i think his name was G. Ablett. Went through the nightmare GF losses and relentless ribbing from my mates, but I think all those days have made this even sweeter!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

How long have you

Remove this Banner Ad

Back