How many Grand Finals have you been to?

Remove this Banner Ad

WaDsY

Team Captain
Sep 10, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Not sure if this has been done before, but I am intrigued due to supposedly how hard tickets are to get.
Might as well add which year/s and what you thought of the whole event.

I have been to every one since 2002, this one will be my 6th
2005 - Cried
2006 - Cried

how do you go about getting tickets (obviously not this year) if your just general public? how early can you buy them? how much? where?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1978 Hawthorn won
1983 Hawthorn won
1984 Hawthorn lost
1985 Hawthorn lost
1986 Hawthorn won
1987 Hawthorn lost
1988 Hawthorn won
1989 Hawthorn won
1991 Hawthorn won at Waverley

That make eight at the MCG and one at Waverley.

how do you go about getting tickets (obviously not this year) if your just general public? how early can you buy them? how much? where?

Basically you can't. Need to know someone or be a member of the MCC, AFL or competing clubs. Or have lots of money and buy a $1000+ package.

I've been to 20 Grand Finals from 1976-1994 including the two in 1977. It was a lot easier to get tickets to the Grand Final back in the old days. :p

And, yes, the ball was in. :D

This weekend will by my 16th consecutive, went to my first one when i was 6 in '92, and have been every year since. AFL membership... and thanks to club support Geelong, this week I am sitting centre wing on level 2a.

Had opportunities to go to a few Grand Finals before 1989, but I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't go until my team got into one.

I went to 1989, 92 and 94, so they haven't been a happy hunting ground for me. I missed out on the ballot this year, so maybe my lack of presence will help the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

How many Grand Finals have you been to?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back