Remove this Banner Ad

LongBomb

Brownlow Medallist
May 17, 2004
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Good bloke
He poked the bear and the bear got angry.
The premeditated jibes in his "Australian" column, then the ridiculous foxing naming Pendlebury.

While Geelong needed little motivation, Mick provided it to them in spades.

There's two things I look for that indicate to me a team doesn't believe they can win; one is the coach trying to play mind games and another is players linking arms or similar shit when lining up for the national anthem.

Mick's comments didn't effect the result.

They were simply a reaction to what he saw coming.

Surely Mick's comments were the only things motivating Geelong last night. I can't think of any other reason why they would have wanted to win that match!

There's two things I look for that indicate to me a team doesn't believe they can win; one is the coach trying to play mind games and another is players linking arms or similar shit when lining up for the national anthem.

This. Well said Jeff.

The cats have been one of the most dominant sides of the last 3 years, I think Mick recognised that we needed to do anything to try pull off an upset

I'm not convinced he was playing mind games. He got paid to do a column and wrote about something thats common knowledge. He even wrote it before the Adelaide game, would it still be mind games if we lost?

Any journo in the country could've written about it and nobody would've batted an eye.

the cats were always going to wake up during finals.

malthouse just tried his best and frankly he came up against one of the best midfields every assembled.

I think his pies are 2 or 3 seasons away from peaking tbh.

No blame on Mick whatsoever.

The pressure and scrutiny now will be more intense on the Cats.

3 GF's in a row, terrific 3 seasons, 13 AA players etc.

They need to make this dominance count, otherwise it will be a lost opportunity (similar to how Bomber challenged his players at the Geelong function awhile ago with his speech).

The pendelbry fiasco was worse for mick than his comments about bomber....how does the whole world know hes not going to get up but the collingwood internals close their eyes, put their finger in their ears and try and convince themselves he would play....stupid. Brad scott was a bigger loss to collingwood than many realise - inlcuding collingwood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WTF? You tool. Why because Collingwood does it. Start calling you Robert Walls as an expert stating the bleeding obvious after it happens.

And hawthorn did it last year in the GF, did you see that one as well. Oh yeah they won, but they aren't Collingwood so it mustn't have been a negative thing this time eh!

Hawks knew that in 08 but kept very quiet.

Geelong were focussed on becoming 'the greatest team of all' while hawks focussed on one game.

The fawning media provided platitudes which was like mogadon to the poor little puddy tats.

Youd think the cats are woken up to this but if there is any club and game plabn designed to mess up the geelong "protect the ball dont play it" style its St Kilda

WTF? You tool. Why because Collingwood does it. Start calling you Robert Walls as an expert stating the bleeding obvious after it happens.
I know you won't believe me but I wasn't actually aware Collingwood did that last night.

Being in Queensland and having to find a stream I didn't actually see the first 2 minutes of the game.

ANZAC Day???

WTF has that got to do with winning finals?

Are you listening, take your anti collingwood - I hate collingwood glasses off and read the post. Collingwood have been linking arms for years and seeing that the only game they do it during the H & A season is Anzac day that collingwood play in, they have always done it. Got it now, simple enough for you. Got any more late news theories. Perhaps it was the way they ran through the banner that you can enlighten us with. Perhaps it was because Collingwood always warm up at the Ponsford end, perhaps it was wearing black shorts this week.

He resorted to the Sheedy tactic of opening his mouth when he knew onfield things were struggling.

In the end, I am sure it little bearing on the outcome. If Geelong require a sting in the tail from the opposition coach to motivate them for a prelim, then I would be questioning their mindset.

malthouse is to blame for a multitude of other issues at Collingwood, like drafting priorities, endorsing the current and past recruiting and drafting personnel, drafting identification, list management, game plan and skill errors including getting rid of a dedicated kicking coach. All his responsibility and all are in place at his say so.

Spot on Jeff.
The top two sides are in the grand final.
We can debat Mick and Collingwood til the cows come home, but fact is the best have risen to the top as is what usually happens.
Gunna be a cracker of a game, cant wait for it.

How Malthouse gets the results out of that list he has is a credit to his coaching ability.

Just got out classed by the superior team who are pretty much full strength and played very well.

The result was a fair representation in the talent of the 22 players put out by each team.

Remove this Banner Ad

How much is Malthouse to blame?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back