How much longer can Priddis be debated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You suggest go back to go forward.
Not smart.
When you can go forward to go forward.
developing a loosing culture to put games into inexperienced players is never a wise move.
We finished 13th last year.
We need to be aiming for top 8 this year.
Anything else is a cop out. Develop youngsters as we go.

You still don't get that it's pointless making the finals (which is ridiculous to even consider possible) with our midfield.
We don't have a midfield that can take us anywhere right now. Even if priddis continues for 2-3 more years he will retire and we haven't blooded another mid to replace him. Then we are back to square one.
Time to go backwards to go forwards before we miss the boat again.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Funny our Big mature body Priddis was average at best today. He didn't impact the game nearly as well as Fyfe, Mundy and Barlow.
Is anybody suggesting Priddis is anywhere near their ability?

Even the premise of your post is flawed, Priddis in considerably smaller than all three.
Priddis 185cm 84kg
Barlow 189cm 91kg
Fyfe 190cm 88kg
Mundy 192cm 91kg

I think you've got the wrong bloke , I havent the slightest idea what your on about.
I wont get drawn into silly insults .life is far too short .My opinions are just that , no need to get so worked up.

If we have a win, great, if we loose , yes its disappointing , but the sun will still come up tomorrow & in the scheme of things, Its only a game.
We can evaluate every aspect of why things have gone bad but do you really think the players obsess over it like most on here do ?
Sometimes no matter how hard one tries ,things just dont work out , thats just life ,
Pridda gives his best, admittedly hes got some deficencies & I admire the bloke for what hes achieved with what hes got.
There have been far more talented athletes that havent even come close to playing as long as he has & maybe his time has caught up with him also.
But untill someone steps up from the current list ( which in my opinion we dont have ) or another player gets traded to take over his role, we will just have to accept where were at. You cant blame the current coach for the mess he was left. It is what it is.
Some WCE footy fans ( if you can call them that) language on here is really 2nd rate but I bet if they bumped into Pridda at the local shop would be the first to want a photo with him.
Take your own advice. Yes the sun will rise. None of us hate him just his ability. He's a life member of the club I love and he's helped us out of the 00's saga but his times done.

I have given up caring. It hurts too much. I just hope the club can see it. Trade him for a third rounder to GWS.

Melbourne of all clubs did the same with Woewodin a decade ago, he won a brownlow but they realised he was a slow front runner and moved him on.
Melbourne have made some pretty impressive decisions on their experience players over the past ten years.
Definitely an example to follow. Not.

Good post.
That is exactly it.
And you are correct. It is only a game.
Angry doesn't help anyone.
it is only a game, I agree. However why are you wanting a guy in the team purely because he is a good bloke and try's hard. If it's only a game you understand that personal feelings and emotions shouldn't interfere with strategy to winning a flag.

And your point is?
We do not have a mid as good as the three Freo stars you mentioned.
Then why do we keep playing the one that we know can't get any better. Maybe we have a gem but he isn't getting a game.
Big call.
You are saying we don't want to play finals.
We want to win a flag. I'm not happy with patching up seasons with finals not to win a flag.

I've no problems with experimenting, I just don't think taking Priddis' run, clearances and disposals out of this side is what the team needs right now. We already severely lack run without dismissing one of our prime, albeit slow, runners.

We've got the same goal in mind, a functioning midfield minus Priddis, we just have different opinions of getting there.

Ultimately, it's not just the midfield depth killing us, it's the depth all over that forces us to plug holes with potential midfielders. As I've said many times, our list is chock full of mediocre half back flankers.
Priddis' run = Lel
I agree lets keep the turnovers coming.

You suggest go back to go forward.
Not smart.
When you can go forward to go forward.
developing a loosing culture to put games into inexperienced players is never a wise move.
We finished 13th last year.
We need to be aiming for top 8 this year.
Anything else is a cop out. Develop youngsters as we go.

It's like arguing with my Grandfather ... and he's dead ...

Developing players while they aren't playing and don't have any responsibility is slow and can result in underdevelopment ... See every mid for the last half decade ...

Why we'd play Priddis to say finish 2 spots higher (maybe) in 8th rather than, say, 10th is beyond me ...

And it's losing not loosing ... You've got it wrong about 6 times now :)

You still don't get that it's pointless making the finals (which is ridiculous to even consider possible) with our midfield.
We don't have a midfield that can take us anywhere right now. Even if priddis continues for 2-3 more years he will retire and we haven't blooded another mid to replace him. Then we are back to square one.
Time to go backwards to go forwards before we miss the boat again.

So Tank
Grow up man
Show some integrity.
We have a duty to the whole football world to try and make finals or the integrity of the whole system us in question.
Go backwards to go forward. Why?
You try to win every game and develop new players as you go.
It is the way it has been done for decades and the way it should be.
Teams normally experiment when they know there season is done and finals are out of reach.
This is not a video game. It is a real game and real people and real rules.

It's like arguing with my Grandfather ... and he's dead ...

Developing players while they aren't playing and don't have any responsibility is slow and can result in underdevelopment ... See every mid for the last half decade ...

Why we'd play Priddis to say finish 2 spots higher (maybe) in 8th rather than, say, 10th is beyond me ...

And it's losing not loosing ... You've got it wrong about 6 times now :)
Unbelievable , have you no integrity .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I said before Tracker 101 and Eagle87, one of the proponents has to stop arguing at one point. ;) Otherwise this thread reaches 1000 pages. :oops:

What about your clearance king priddis?
You are finally seeing the light aren't you.

No.
I think that you can now see that there is not a midfielder at the club that doesn't have some limitations.
I continue to say they all have strengths, use the combination of these strengths to mould an effective midfield team.
Develop young talent and let one if two mids finally impose themselves on the team and move forward.
Smotie. Sometimes I think you have tunnel vision.
When a team is losing games there is not one silver bullet that will fix it.
It is nearly always a number of things.

As I said before Tracker 101 and Eagle87, one of the proponents has to stop arguing at one point. ;) Otherwise this thread reaches 1000 pages. :oops:

I object to the insinuation that what tracker is doing qualifies as arguing.

He's either a troll or, well, let's hope he's a troll ...

Swannies.
I am happy to stop arguing.
I am happy to leave the decision to Simpson and the club.
For those that choose to continue, I would like to see a bit more respect given and not have people refer to our friend as a shit or a shit stain or a turd but that might be asking for too much.

So Tank
Grow up man
Show some integrity.
We have a duty to the whole football world to try and make finals or the integrity of the whole system us in question.
Go backwards to go forward. Why?
You try to win every game and develop new players as you go.
It is the way it has been done for decades and the way it should be.
Teams normally experiment when they know there season is done and finals are out of reach.
This is not a video game. It is a real game and real people and real rules.
Now who is reverting to insults.
Calm down son.
You call it taking. I call it developing. Professionals call it development as well.
We should all agree that finals are out of reach at this stage I would say.
If we can't beat Carlton then we may as well pack it up and go home. Even if we make eighth spot who gives a shit. All we have succeeded in doing is playing am extra game and giving better draft picks to other teams and delaying the inevitable.

You really are revealing that in all of your posts you are happy with mediocrity. Are you sure you aren't a Fremantle supporter giving the biggest troll of your life?

No.
I think that you can now see that there is not a midfielder at the club that doesn't have some limitations.
I continue to say they all have strengths, use the combination of these strengths to mould an effective midfield team.
Develop young talent and let one if two mids finally impose themselves on the team and move forward.

Has ANYONE argued it's a "silver bullet that will fix it"?

Stop with the straw men

Is there a worse 150 game mid in our clubs history?

Rowan Jones? He's the only candidate which sprang to mind.

Comparably skilled, no quicker and won a lot less of the ball, but had more footy smarts and was much more versatile.

If I was picking the 2006 GF side I'd probably still pick RoJo over Priddis which says a lot about where we are now.

No.
So you aren't seeing the light and you admit it.

Swannies.
I am happy to stop arguing.
I am happy to leave the decision to Simpson and the club.
For those that choose to continue, I would like to see a bit more respect given and not have people refer to our friend as a shit or a shit stain or a turd but that might be asking for too much.
Stop the hypocrisy. You dish out disrespect. You told me to grow up implying immaturity. That's attacking the poster.
When priddis is referred as a shit stain they aren't referring to him personally but his football. Are you sure you aren't priddis? You didn't post through the whole game. Maybe you are priddis or his best mate.
His football skills are a shit stain on our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back