How your SC year can be ruined in a weekend!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speck

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Last week I was flying. Coming in at 220 overall, I had a passion to succeed and have a really good season. Was averaging 2263 from memory. Had not scored lower than 2090.

This week I'm in dismay. Coming in at 997 overall, I'm left wondering what the hell happened. Juddy my captain scores 66. Not one player gets three figures. I score a woeful 1547. A more than 700 point drop from my average. No donuts as well.

Add to the injury list Waite (who was going great guns after I got him at 498k), Chapman, possibly Higgins and possibly Hurn. 9 trades left. Was planning to get Ablett in a few weeks but need to rethink.

Was shattered when I saw that I scored 1547!

May I introduce you to the others in the mob who share your feelings..

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=581844&page=23

I have explainwed my horrible predicament in that thread, but heyt, I'll go over the bullet points... being the points were the bullet will hit my team.

I myself have fallen victim..

Averaging 215*, and now got 14**. 700 offf my average too buddy. And because were only 9 weeks in my average fell nearly 100 points aswell...

I usually beat people easily in one league and am in teh top 2 of the other. Lost to about half of my league in one and all bar 2 in my other.

Added to which my ranking has quadrupled and I now have 7 playing 0's plus 7 0's on the bench line. No cash cows to improve, 7 injured on the field with 7 injured or not playing on the benches.

EVery member of my team has played atleast two 3 games, so I don't have anthony or whoever, these aren't dipshits I randomly chose, these were actual playing rookies.

Have used trades pretty much every round to remove my team of filth such as cousins only to bring in more shit from the street such as waite.

Now I have 8 trades left. If i get two more 0's then I can't actually trade the 0's out anymore, they are stuck for a season. At round 9, I have traded out injured, and idiots who aren't playing for more idiots who shortly wont be playing.

e.g. I got hodge at the start of the year thinking sure hell be down for a couple of weeks, but hell be back as plyers iusually take 3-4 weeks to come into form (the length of preseason minus a bit), and so Hodge having experience at the elvel should take about 3. Why bring someone in a waste a trade (HAHAHAHAHAHA) if I can bring them in now before round 1?. He fails miserably, looses 150k or something. I trade him out as my 'premium gun keeper' isn't playing for serevel weeks. Oh, Waite is doing well and at 500k he is rgeat, Keeper material, should replace Hodge fine... oh wait hes fking injured and wont play all season.

I am now spending my 2nd trade on a position I shouldn't ever have had to trade.

Last week I was flying. Coming in at 220 overall, I had a passion to succeed and have a really good season. Was averaging 2263 from memory. Had not scored lower than 2090.

This week I'm in dismay. Coming in at 997 overall, I'm left wondering what the hell happened. Juddy my captain scores 66. Not one player gets three figures. I score a woeful 1547. A more than 700 point drop from my average. No donuts as well.

Add to the injury list Waite (who was going great guns after I got him at 498k), Chapman, possibly Higgins and possibly Hurn. 9 trades left. Was planning to get Ablett in a few weeks but need to rethink.

Was shattered when I saw that I scored 1547!

If you use another 2 trades to cover injuries this week, your Supercoach year could be ruined by running out of trades by rounds 17 or 18.

I have explainwed my horrible predicament in that thread, but heyt, I'll go over the bullet points... being the points were the bullet will hit my team.

Averaging 215*, and now got 14**. 700 offf my average too buddy. And because were only 9 weeks in my average fell nearly 100 points aswell...

I usually beat people easily in one league and am in teh top 2 of the other. Lost to about half of my league in one and all bar 2 in my other.

Added to which my ranking has quadrupled and I now have 7 playing 0's plus 7 0's on the bench line. No cash cows to improve, 7 injured on the field with 7 injured or not playing on the benches.

EVery member of my team has played atleast two 3 games, so I don't have anthony or whoever, these aren't dipshits I randomly chose, these were actual playing rookies.

Have used trades pretty much every round to remove my team of filth such as cousins only to bring in more shit from the street such as waite.

Now I have 8 trades left. If i get two more 0's then I can't actually trade the 0's out anymore, they are stuck for a season. At round 9, I have traded out injured, and idiots who aren't playing for more idiots who shortly wont be playing.

e.g. I got hodge at the start of the year thinking sure hell be down for a couple of weeks, but hell be back as plyers iusually take 3-4 weeks to come into form (the length of preseason minus a bit), and so Hodge having experience at the elvel should take about 3. Why bring someone in a waste a trade (HAHAHAHAHAHA) if I can bring them in now before round 1?. He fails miserably, looses 150k or something. I trade him out as my 'premium gun keeper' isn't playing for serevel weeks. Oh, Waite is doing well and at 500k he is rgeat, Keeper material, should replace Hodge fine... oh wait hes fking injured and wont play all season.

I am now spending my 2nd trade on a position I shouldn't ever have had to trade.

Just a few bullet points hey??

I notice there are a lot of 7s in your post ...

7 must be your lucky number :D

Can we have a look at your team? It really is a mess!

Same here, dreadful weekend. Been averaging over 2k and scored 1635 this week.

Waite, Chapman, Higgins, Gilbee all injured or under clouds.

My highest scorer in midfield was Hartlett at 85. Judd, Gibbs, Dal Santo all let me down but the worst was Mr. Kerr who had 26 touches for 23 points.

Luckily I have 14 trades and so can afford to use 2 this week to dump Waite and possibly Higgins...

My tale of woe probably doesn't compare to some of the horror stories already told, but my weekend was pretty terrible as well.

Was sitting pretty in my league, easily the highest scorer, and with just one arsey loss to my name last week, which had dropped me to 3rd. Downgraded Malceski and scrounged every single available cent to bring in high-priced recruit, one Jarrad Waite. Was already playing a zero down back, thanks to Cheney, Broughton & Pestinko not getting named, with Waite's inclusion essentially making it 2 x zero's.

Lost to Sheeds by a whole 2 points, scoring my worst score in a long time, 1857. Backline issues aside, my choice of skipper (Judd over Ablett- totally my own doing of course) sealing my fate.

Now this week, I'm screwed. Taking on the 2nd highest scoring team, and have been decimated by injuries. Have to cover Higgins, Waite, the other backline zero, possibly Gilbee...and Waite's drop in price has me unable to fund 2 genuine keepers.

So i either cover the zero's by bringing in mid-range players, burning trades and screwing my team in the process. Or I play the zero's, wait till I can afford genuine replacements, and probably cop another loss and go tumbling out of the top-4. :thumbsdown:

I'm experiencing the same thing in SC as most people; absolute carnage.

Though I had to laugh when I had a look at my DT this week. Considering I have put ZERO effort or thought into it, I finished 73rd last week!! All my players are flying and I've got very little if any injury problems.

ZERO effort.

My SC team though I've spent HUNDRED's of hours on.....and it's a pile of shite.

I'm experiencing the same thing in SC as most people; absolute carnage.

Though I had to laugh when I had a look at my DT this week. Considering I have put ZERO effort or thought into it, I finished 73rd last week!! All my players are flying and I've got very little if any injury problems.

ZERO effort.

My SC team though I've spent HUNDRED's of hours on.....and it's a pile of shite.

Same. Is my 1st year playing DT properly, and am top of the table, top of points table, and have far fewer injury concerns. And put far less effort into it.

SC I put 10 x the effort, and I'm falling apart at the seams.:thumbsdown:

Add me to the first year of Dream Team and my team is flying in that too (900 and something)

No injuries, little thought about it, trade on mondays, wednesdays, whenever and I can't do anything wrong in it! LOL! :p

Super Coach I am in the 800's but have been copping injuries galore plus spending tons more time on it than Dream Team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, Rd 10 the first round since about Rd 5-6, playing with no '0',s.
Just got them all back/traded & picked up S.Wright, this round.
Takes ages for them to get back, and on top of things, all part of the fun.:D.

I scored about 2000 and moved over 500 places into the top 500.

My mate scored 1930 odd and moved up 50 places to 207.

So im guessing by those figures you weren't alone.

Jumped from 7k to 5k with 2036. Been screwed by injuries and was aiming for top 1k finish after a few rounds (still achievable), but at the rate my players are going down it's going to be extremely tough.

I'm looking at top 100 or even top 50 by the end of the season and no, my SC Team has not been ruined in one week. The closest was a few when Higgins was out as a late replacement and many other players missed, but I'm proud to say that I have not copped 1 zero thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back