Poo Mega Thread How's Justin Longmanure working out for you Failmantle (Part 2) 2023 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's look at the 6 blokes you mentioned.

Logue was pick 8. A versatile player. He wasn't a forward. He played in the backline for most of his career. A Tom Dodee type at the crows who is 190 cm that can play 2nd tall at centre half back or 3rd tall on a back flank or back pocket.

Luke Jackson. Paid a lot to get him. I personally didn't wanted him after the last tall forward we got from the demons (Jesse Hogan) .

Henry at 9 was an academy pick. Half forward flankers or winger.

Sturt is talented but injury prone. So harsh to bag him.

Jesse Hogan trade was bad. At least with the Harley Bennell trade we got pick 22, which went back to 28 which ended up like Darcy Tucker. Hogan had glimpses on being good. Not freos fault Hogan did stupid things off field.

Rory Lobb came in the same trade period as Hogan. I still say Lobb was the better pick up of the 2. Year he was inconsistent and injury prone. But he helped us in 2022 getting a finals win.
Logue - pick 8. Tried to turn him into a forward to get some use out of him but he was crap up there. Traded for a Future 2nd. BUST.

Hogan - picks 6, 23. Lost a Brownlow medallist for this guy and you only got 18 goals out of him in 2 years before giving him away for nothing. He’s now kicking over 30 goals a season for GWS. CATASTROPHIC BUST

Lobb - picks 11, 19. Spudded it up for a few years before you finally got some use out of him last season where he was your only reliable target up forward. Let go for a couple of junk picks in the 30’s. BUST

Henry - pick 9. Hardly gets a run and would’ve bailed on you guys last year but no one else wanted him. BUST.

Sturt - pick 17. Likely to get delisted at the end of the year, barely WAFL standard. BUST.

Jackson - picks 13, F1, F2. Spare ruck / crap forward who fills a spot you already had covered with Meek. If he can’t kick a few more than his current 0.5 goals per game you’re really screwed.

All in all you’ve spent 7 first round picks on 6 of these guys over the course of the last 7 years, including a handful of juicy top 10’s and walked away with 5 spuds and a backup ruck / crap forward.

Logue - pick 8. Tried to turn him into a forward to get some use out of him but he was crap up there. Traded for a Future 2nd. BUST.

Hogan - picks 6, 23. Lost a Brownlow medallist for this guy and you only got 18 goals out of him in 2 years before giving him away for nothing. He’s now kicking over 30 goals a season for GWS. CATASTROPHIC BUST

Lobb - picks 11, 19. Spudded it up for a few years before you finally got some use out of him last season where he was your only reliable target up forward. Let go for a couple of junk picks in the 30’s. BUST

Henry - pick 9. Hardly gets a run and would’ve bailed on you guys last year but no one else wanted him. BUST.

Sturt - pick 17. Likely to get delisted at the end of the year, barely WAFL standard. BUST.

Jackson - picks 13, F1, F2. Spare ruck / crap forward who fills a spot you already had covered with Meek. If he can’t kick a few more than his current 0.5 goals per game you’re really screwed.

All in all you’ve spent 7 first round picks on 6 of these guys over the course of the last 7 years, including a handful of juicy top 10’s and walked away with 5 spuds and a backup ruck / crap forward.

Why will Freo kick more goals than WC this season and why are Freo far superior to WC?

Logue wasn't a bust. If Freo didn't give him a crap contract or signed him early in 2022, he would still be on freos list.

Hogan was the only trade in the last 10 years I say was bad. Yet by eagles fans on here, especially DanWA , this trade was suppose to set Freo back 10 years. This was 2018-9. Freo made finals And won a final in 2022.

Lobb..... It was Lobb and pick 14 for 11 and 19. Not 11 and 19 for Lobb so get your facts right. He wasn't a bust. If he was, why did the dogs chase after him? Short term pain for long term gain. He can be covered.

Henry.... Pick 9 points wise not actual pick 9. He was a pick in the NGA.

Sam Sturt.... The bloke has talent. Sadly injury prone.

Jury is still out on Luke Jackson. But if Jackson does a Boyd, plays badly but fires up in a grand final a gets Freo a flag, it's irrelevant.

The funny thing is despite being unlucky on getting and drafting decent forwards, we did better than west coast in 2022.

I predicted Freo to finish between 7th to 10th.

Well pick 5 can get you a Chris Judd or a Colin Sylvia. Yeah I feel dirty saying that.

Surprised you didn't bring up freos 1st round pick of 2013. That was Michael Apeness at pick 17. A KPF ruck who had injuries too.

Gonna be a shock to you. As bad as freos forward line is now, I rather have freos 2023 forward line than our 2012-5 forward line.

Freos 2012-5 forward line was heavily reliant on a 191 cm Pavlich at full forward getting tripled teamed every week. A 188 cm Chris Mayne who was our CHF, he would be a 3rd tall at every other club. 2 small forwards In Michael Walters and that little Hobbit Hayden Ballantyne. Then 2 random mids to fill up the half forward flanks.

Looking at freos current forwards. Luke Jackson or Matt Taberner can play FF as both are 198cm tall.

Jye Amiss and Josh Tracy are in that 192-195cm range and can play CHF.

Josh Corbett and Sam Sturt are essentially fighting for that one spot on the forward pocket as a 3rd tall.

I love Walters. He just turned 32 years old. Once Walters retired, we got Frederick, Schulz, Switkowski and Henry to play up forward as forward pockets.

Frederick kicked 28 goals in 2022, Schulz kicked 30.
2013 - 15 you had Pavlich kicking 40 goals a year for you with all of the extra attention he copped.

You’ve had 1 guy kick 40 goals in a season only one time in the last 7 years.

Every other team has had atleast 1 player kick 40 in a season over just the last 2 years.

You finished 12th in the league for scoring and just lost your best goal scorer.

Tabernar is cooked, Amiss is 19 and done nothing, Tracy WTF, done less than nothing.

Corbett FFS, Sturt!

I hear you guys continually pumping up Shultz but his stats are Jamie Cripps lite.

Im glad you like your forward line Maniac, but you need to have a look around. It’s the worst in the league.

Tinker screwed you out of a genuine shot at a flag.

Why will Freo kick more goals than WC this season and why are Freo far superior to WC?
Because we are in a 2-3 year rebuild after having just gone through a long finals run which culminated in a couple of grand final appearances and a premiership, achieving more in that period than Failmantle has in its entire history? :think:

Logue wasn't a bust. If Freo didn't give him a crap contract or signed him early in 2022, he would still be on freos list.

Hogan was the only trade in the last 10 years I say was bad. Yet by eagles fans on here, especially DanWA , this trade was suppose to set Freo back 10 years. This was 2018-9. Freo made finals And won a final in 2022.

Lobb..... It was Lobb and pick 14 for 11 and 19. Not 11 and 19 for Lobb so get your facts right. He wasn't a bust. If he was, why did the dogs chase after him? Short term pain for long term gain. He can be covered.

Henry.... Pick 9 points wise not actual pick 9. He was a pick in the NGA.

Sam Sturt.... The bloke has talent. Sadly injury prone.

Jury is still out on Luke Jackson. But if Jackson does a Boyd, plays badly but fires up in a grand final a gets Freo a flag, it's irrelevant.

The funny thing is despite being unlucky on getting and drafting decent forwards, we did better than west coast in 2022.

I predicted Freo to finish between 7th to 10th.

Don’t worry about Bev , he likes slapping on the mayo

Can’t say I disagree with him this time though , it’s a pretty shit fwd line after 6 years of rebuilding

Still the rest of the team has enough potential to cover it

Maybe

Don’t worry about Bev , he likes slapping on the mayo

Can’t say I disagree with him this time though , it’s a pretty s**t fwd line after 6 years of rebuilding

Still the rest of the team has enough potential to cover it

Maybe
It's funny Freo won both derbies with no forward line. Imagine Freo had a decent amount of talent up forward

It's funny Freo won both derbies with no forward line. Imagine Freo had a decent amount of talent up forward
You beat 17th without a forward line. Well, you had Lobb.

How are you going to beat everyone else without one?!

WC’s average a - 35 pt margin over over the last 30 odd games , even worse than North if I remember correctly

They have a few more issues than missing a fwd or 2

Being a bunch of fat , comfy surrender monkeys being the biggest one I’d suggest

I was wondering where Dan has been he’s been busy at work with his tongue up the mods ass whilst young Beverly his wealthy lapdog has been busy with his tongue up Dan’s ass. It’s like a really comical version of the human centipede. Sad and desperate …but also comical at the same time.
All us purples can do right now is stand back and applaud at this absolute shit show.

kyle broflovski cheers GIF by South Park

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was wondering where Dan has been he’s been busy at work with his tongue up the mods ass whilst young Beverly his wealthy lapdog has been busy with his tongue up Dan’s ass. It’s like a really comical version of the human centipede. Sad and desperate …but also comical at the same time.
All us purples can do right now is stand back and applaud at this absolute s**t show.

You sure do talk about tonguing ass a lot, my little rockape

79D950B2-CF90-4D6E-86CA-EBB1BA788DAE.gif

All us purples can do right now is stand back and applaud at this absolute s**t show.

Dans up front , obviously Bevs riding train …. But who’s that little workhorse in the middle I wonder ?

2013 - 15 you had Pavlich kicking 40 goals a year for you with all of the extra attention he copped.

You’ve had 1 guy kick 40 goals in a season only one time in the last 7 years.

Every other team has had atleast 1 player kick 40 in a season over just the last 2 years.

You finished 12th in the league for scoring and just lost your best goal scorer.

Tabernar is cooked, Amiss is 19 and done nothing, Tracy WTF, done less than nothing.

Corbett FFS, Sturt!

I hear you guys continually pumping up Shultz but his stats are Jamie Cripps lite.

Im glad you like your forward line Maniac, but you need to have a look around. It’s the worst in the league.

Tinker screwed you out of a genuine shot at a flag.
Actually you forgot a few things about freos forwards in 2012-15.

Chris Mayne Kicked 39 goals and 7 behinds from 23 matches in 2012. He Kicked 37 goals and 12 behinds from 24 matches in 2013.

Walters lead freos goal kicking with 46 goals in 2013.

Hayden Ballantyne lead freos goal kicking wth 49 goals, back in 2014

You harp on about Freo being 12 th in goal kicking.

Taberner isnt cooked. If he plays 20-22 games in 2023, he will kick at least 40 goals. He has proven to kicks bags of 5 or 6 goals on a good day.

Amiss is only 19. You said he has done nothing. Kicked 4 goals from 3 games. Kicked 2 goals on debut vs North in round 9. Kicked another 2 goals in an elim final win vs the dogs. held goalless vs magpies in the semi final.

Frederick kicked 28 goals in 2022. Lachie Schulz kicked 30 goals in 2022.

My Prediction is the goals will increase in 2023.

Last edited:
You beat 17th without a forward line. Well, you had Lobb.

How are you going to beat everyone else without one?!
As I said, theres is some upside with freos forwards.

Again.... Frederick and Schulz can kick 30 goals each.

Jye Amiss and Joshe Taecy are capable of kicking 30-40 goals each once they hit their primes.

Corbett kicked 23 goals from 16 games in 2021. I see him kicking 25 goals this season.

Dans been busy over at the SPR board giving George Pells corps a kick in the goulies. Don’t ever die, Dan will just ramp up even more.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Dans been busy over at the SPR board giving George Pells corps a kick in the goulies. Don’t ever die, Dan will just ramp up even more.
Never been to that board before until now. Holy moly what a shit show full of high horses, pseudo-intellectuals, faux objectivity and the truly confused. :embarrassedv1:

My first and last post in this thread.

Mesc’s Fred is the one to go to for Lolz on anything Dirty Bird. You can piss yourself laughing on the topic of Vladimir Nizzie or really get amused when Dan and Beverly defend the indefensible like Their geriatric list.

Mesc’s Fred will leave this one for D E A D.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Actually you forgot a few things about freos forwards in 2012-15.

Chris Mayne Kicked 39 goals and 7 behinds from 23 matches in 2012. He Kicked 37 goals and 12 behinds from 24 matches in 2013.

Walters lead freos goal kicking with 46 goals in 2013.

Hayden Ballantyne lead freos goal kicking wth 49 goals, back in 2014

You harp on about Freo being 12 th in goal kicking.

Taberner isnt cooked. If he plays 20-22 games in 2023, he will kick at least 40 goals. He has proven to kicks bags of 5 or 6 goals on a good day.

Amiss is only 19. You said he has done nothing. Kicked 4 goals from 3 games. Kicked 2 goals on debut vs North in round 9. Kicked another 2 goals in an elim final win vs the dogs. held goalless vs magpies in the semi final.

Frederick kicked 28 goals in 2022. Lachie Schulz kicked 30 goals in 2022.

My Prediction is the goals will increase in 2023.
Freo’s forward line in 2012 - 15 had players capable of kicking 40+ for you.

A busted up Taberner who’s never kicked 40 even once in a season in his career, a 19 year old and Walters in his twilight ain’t gonna cut it.

Jamie Cripps lite is the best you’ve got up there!

Shoulda gone with Allen mate. Oh well.

Freo’s forward line in 2012 - 15 had players capable of kicking 40+ for you.

A busted up Taberner who’s never kicked 40 even once in a season in his career, a 19 year old and Walters in his twilight ain’t gonna cut it.

Jamie Cripps lite is the best you’ve got up there!

Shoulda gone with Allen mate. Oh well.

Jamie Cripps is shit... that does sound bleak. I don't know how that crab gets gifted games

Remove this Banner Ad

Poo Mega Thread How's Justin Longmanure working out for you Failmantle (Part 2) 2023 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back