Hume FL - 2010 Season Begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
talk about a game of two halves
h/ time bb 11.3.69 cul 6.1.37
f/ time cul 17- 8 110 bb 12 8 80

what happened out there? was un able to get there - going from kicking 11 goals in one half just to one in the second is heartbreaking for the saints- was it injuries or did the lions just lift their game?

what happened out there? was un able to get there - going from kicking 11 goals in one half just to one in the second is heartbreaking for the saints- was it injuries or did the lions just lift their game?

In the first half the lions couldn't hit a target, because of the sustained physical pressure on every single possession, by the saints, they just played hard,tough and fluent football. The second half, the pressure and run went, meaning the lions could hit there targets and just blew the BB Saints away, losing Livermore to some kind of shoulder injury wouldnt have helped either. Good comeback by the Lions, thats what happens when you dont give up, even being 37 points down.

In the first half the lions couldn't hit a target, because of the sustained physical pressure on every single possession, by the saints, they just played hard,tough and fluent football. The second half, the pressure and run went, meaning the lions could hit there targets and just blew the BB Saints away, losing Livermore to some kind of shoulder injury wouldnt have helped either. Good comeback by the Lions, thats what happens when you dont give up, even being 37 points down.

From all accounts Livermore has a broken collerbone.
BB played great footy in the first half but we ran out of legs in the second half. our pressure was simply not there. Culcairn showed us what 4 qrt's of footy was today and also what never giving up looks like.

We have had a great season, and looking forward to a strong off season and going a step further next season.
We still have the 2nds playing in the GF next weekend against Culcairn. Looking for a different result then todays game.

From all accounts Livermore has a broken collerbone.
BB played great footy in the first half but we ran out of legs in the second half. our pressure was simply not there. Culcairn showed us what 4 qrt's of footy was today and also what never giving up looks like.

We have had a great season, and looking forward to a strong off season and going a step further next season.
We still have the 2nds playing in the GF next weekend against Culcairn. Looking for a different result then todays game.

good luck with a harder draw next year

BROCK-BURRUM coach Glenn Eddy has launched "Operation Stop Luke Donnan" ahead of Saturday’s preliminary final against Culcairn at Walla. This was taken out of last weeks Border Mail. Maybe he should of called it "Operation stop Bevan Charelton-White". The young man stepped up to kick 8 goals to be the dominant forward. Donnan was clearly beaten by the saints best backman in Murphy, leaving Charelton-White to rip the hearts out of the BB saints (especially in the second half) and move Culcairn into the GF.

well what a game of 2 halves.i was impressed with the saints and thought they would win easy.but after going for a walk at half time and seeing greg norman . it was a totally different second half.they looked so slow and didn't want the footy. they were still in it at 3/4 time but you have to have the footy to kick goals. gee the 3 umpire system in the hume league why??? they changed the game in the 3rd quarter. anyway the saints need to pick a few more players up to compete next season . there draw will be alot harder. also here big guns didn't all fire yesterday when they needed.all the best to bb's 2's and hopefully you learnt something from your ones.

Just wondering if any clubs looking for a new coach would consider Nichols from Bullioh?3 in a row is good credentials.

i think you would find that bullioh would have some players that would walk into any hume league club and be the best players. in particular blokes like billy nichol

i think you would find that bullioh would have some players that would walk into any hume league club and be the best players. in particular blokes like billy nichol
Look at garth thomas at howlong best on gound in a bullioh premership an cant get a game at howlong>>>get up with it d**k h**d!!!:thumbsdown:

Just wondering whether the BB Saints will reward some of the boys in the ressies who were loyal thru the lean years, such as sammy shilg, benny land and some of the other loyal club man.

The questions that arises is, are any of those boys whom were left out good enough to take any of the 22 who beat a previously undefeated culcairn? Not knowing the boys in the team that well, i would think minimal changes if any will be made, why change a winning formula for the sake of change?
Good luck to all sides this weekend!!

Look at garth thomas at howlong best on gound in a bullioh premership an cant get a game at howlong>>>get up with it d**k h**d!!!:thumbsdown:

yeah mate, and look at a bloke like evan nicholas who played VFL 1s...would he get a game in the hume league?

Great effort by all the BB Saints Players last night. Taking home a nice collection of trophys.
Well done to Azzi Medalist Trent Storey who just held off Luke Schilg (Runners up) and 3rd Place Brett Guest.
Charlie I'Aanson Reserves Leading goal kicker
Nathan Dick & Dusty Boers Joint runners up in Reserves League Medal
Young Gun Ben Vile - Young Footballer of the Year.

Heard it was a great night, Well done Boys. You have made your club and supporters very proud!

With Nicholson and Almond not playing 2 weeks ago it seems that Howlong may have some selection headaches this week as u would assume that both will come in to the side if fully fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can anyone tell me wtf the league is thinking by making all school age children having id on them to enter the gates free of charge.
FFS in my opinion that will turn people away from witnessing a great spectacle.
Hopefully the rain stays away and we get to witness 2 high quality sides battle it out in a high standard game:thumbsu:

Alright boys what ya tips for the big one an why?:footy::footy:

Howlong by 27 points.
Howlong have the backs to go with Donnan and Charlton-White.
They also have more options to run through the midfield.
BOG Banks, loves the big stage.
The game will be in the balance until midway through the last term before late goals clinch it.

Culcairn in the 2nds, think they will kick straight this week and runaway with a 30 point win....will burrum play Brad Scott in the 2nds? i believe he is eligible. i know i would.

Howlong by 27 points.
Howlong have the backs to go with Donnan and Charlton-White.
They also have more options to run through the midfield.
BOG Banks, loves the big stage.
The game will be in the balance until midway through the last term before late goals clinch it.

Culcairn in the 2nds, think they will kick straight this week and runaway with a 30 point win....will burrum play Brad Scott in the 2nds? i believe he is eligible. i know i would.

Howlong by 4-6 goals, they have been the benchmark all season and deserve to win the big stage this year.

The saints took a vote early in the week to either play the best team or loyal players.. i believe the outcome was close but the best team will be played. Brad scott is eligible to play but is yet to make up his mind if he will or not. I suppose we will find out tonight who is playing.....

i think if the best 22 is played BB will go very close to knocking off culcairn.

Howlong by 4-6 goals, they have been the benchmark all season and deserve to win the big stage this year.

The saints took a vote early in the week to either play the best team or loyal players.. i believe the outcome was close but the best team will be played. Brad scott is eligible to play but is yet to make up his mind if he will or not. I suppose we will find out tonight who is playing.....

i think if the best 22 is played BB will go very close to knocking off culcairn.

Howlong in the ones...

Watching Glanville in the first half dominate I think shows what Barnes will do for Howlong. Their backs will match up better with the 2 Culcairn power forwards, and their midfield will rotate and come out on top over Culcairn's which only started when BB stopped...

In the 2nds BB will win they absolutly dominated all bar the last qtr where they shut down and still won comfortably 2 weeks ago, dont see anything different considering Culcairn need all hands on deck for the ones...

My tip is Culcairn by 23 points in the ones. They have really good momentum at the moment and their midfield rotations will may prove to be the differnce. The 2nds will be a close contest. Saints touched Cul up a bit in the 2nd semi and it will depend on what team the saints select, wether it be the best or stay loyal. Dont write Cul off, apparently there will be up to 6 different players taking the field this week compared to 2 weeks ago( injury and illness). As Cul have both teams playing, i think that works in their favour because if guys have played too many games in the ones, they can still play twos. Hard one to tip, should be a cracker.

My tip is Culcairn by 23 points in the ones. They have really good momentum at the moment and their midfield rotations will may prove to be the differnce. The 2nds will be a close contest. Saints touched Cul up a bit in the 2nd semi and it will depend on what team the saints select, wether it be the best or stay loyal. Dont write Cul off, apparently there will be up to 6 different players taking the field this week compared to 2 weeks ago( injury and illness). As Cul have both teams playing, i think that works in their favour because if guys have played too many games in the ones, they can still play twos. Hard one to tip, should be a cracker.

Howlong and BB saints to win. Both games should be very close and wouldnt be surprised if the was less then 4 goals combined in both games. Should be great matches and would love to see the saints get up and win! About time they had some type of success, even if the seniors didnt quite make it.

Good Luck to all teams tomorrow especially the Jindy Girls in the A and B grade.
Some interesting rumours floating around about a couple of the Murray Magpie boys. Interesting times!!!:rolleyes:

My tips for tomorrow are Howlong by less than a kick and BB Saints by 17 points.

Speaking of BB saints, a mate at the club said that Glen Eddy may not be coaching there next year? Obviously not sure how true that is, but will be interesting if true.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow, and lets hope the rain holds off.

My tips for tomorrow are Howlong by less than a kick and BB Saints by 17 points.

Speaking of BB saints, a mate at the club said that Glen Eddy may not be coaching there next year? Obviously not sure how true that is, but will be interesting if true.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow, and lets hope the rain holds off.

as far as i know Skillsy wants it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back