Hume FL - 2011 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I retract my quote about Johnny Murray playing at Chiltern. Talked to him this morning and he is coming to our training on Monday week which is good news! Awesome person to have around the footy club!

Not sure how much of an awesome bloke he would be to have around, especially if he had already verbally committed to Chiltern. If that is indeed true, shows a characteristic that no one would want.

Not sure how much of an awesome bloke he would be to have around, especially if he had already verbally committed to Chiltern. If that is indeed true, shows a characteristic that no one would want.

Verbal agreements like contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on. Players like officials, like society, change their mind. No need to jump on the moral high horse.

Whats peoples thoughts on the league kicking off on the Easter weekend next year. I know Jindera and Howlong are pushing to play Good Friday. Personally i enjoy having easter off weather it falls before round 1 or after a round or 2. Long weekend off work it's nice to have the long weekend away with the family. Might work well might also affect player availabilty.

Whats peoples thoughts on the league kicking off on the Easter weekend next year. I know Jindera and Howlong are pushing to play Good Friday. Personally i enjoy having easter off weather it falls before round 1 or after a round or 2. Long weekend off work it's nice to have the long weekend away with the family. Might work well might also affect player availabilty.

Im not keen on the idea. I already know a couple of blokes that have to pull out of playing due to family commitments. And they are fairly handy players for their repective teams as well. When you lose 1-2 players out of your senior side and ur playing a danger game, its a BIG CALL... :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Easter Weekend is a huge weekend for people to go away and I hope the league reconsider the draw and push's it back a week.

Terrible call! We are not playing in the O&M... The TDFL are not starting until the 15th or something around then...Although nothing confirmed at this stage.

Im not keen on the idea. I already know a couple of blokes that have to pull out of playing due to family commitments. And they are fairly handy players for their repective teams as well. When you lose 1-2 players out of your senior side and ur playing a danger game, its a BIG CALL... :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Easter Weekend is a huge weekend for people to go away and I hope the league reconsider the draw and push's it back a week.

Terrible call! We are not playing in the O&M... The TDFL are not starting until the 15th or something around then...Although nothing confirmed at this stage.
I think it was either play on easter weekend or reduce the season to 16 games, the majority of clubs had big concerns about the length of the H&A season. 2 club byes plus 2 general was 22 weeks before finals started, if it was postponed a week, we would play the HFL granny on the same day as the AFL GF.
The draw will remain, with only a couple of alterations to the magpies to do with the availability of Lavy.
It may be a thing that only lasts for the one year if not successfull, guess time will tell:thumbsu:

Verbal agreements like contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on. Players like officials, like society, change their mind. No need to jump on the moral high horse.

He may be a friend/old teammate of yours Box, however, I would be pretty dirty if I was Kirk Wilson, who also calls Johhny a friend, especially if a mate said yes, ill come and play for you, then turns around and says, nah ill go to cul.
no doubt if it happened to you, you would be angry and disappointed, no need to bring up anything about morals and ethics Box, I think most people would be angry (including you), how much would you trust his word from then on?

I think it was either play on easter weekend or reduce the season to 16 games, the majority of clubs had big concerns about the length of the H&A season. 2 club byes plus 2 general was 22 weeks before finals started, if it was postponed a week, we would play the HFL granny on the same day as the AFL GF.
The draw will remain, with only a couple of alterations to the magpies to do with the availability of Lavy.
It may be a thing that only lasts for the one year if not successfull, guess time will tell:thumbsu:

Couldnt the league start the last weekend in March and then have easter off, then start back again the following week? Giving everyone the long weekend off?

I know its a bit of a stop-start to the season, but im sure if it went for a vote to the playing groups it would get passed!

Couldnt the league start the last weekend in March and then have easter off, then start back again the following week? Giving everyone the long weekend off?

I know its a bit of a stop-start to the season, but im sure if it went for a vote to the playing groups it would get passed!

playing the long weekend is a hassle. and someone quoted early a danger games for people who wont to go away and leaves team depleated etc.. which is a fair call.. but that gives some of the bottom teams a chance to knock off a top team, or the chance for some younger players to play higher grades..

I think the leagues around here have an understanding with cricket Albury Wodonga, the week before is the weekend of their Grand Final, so it becomes a fairly tight squeeze.
I think we are stuck with it.........

I dont think the old quote "we are not playing in the O&M" holds any merit these days. The professionalism might not quite be up the their level but you cannot argue the fact a lot of hume league players are getting paid quite well to play footy. If players wish to leave higher levels of footy to play hume or tdfl, and drop off on the intensity of the training then they cant complain about playing at easter.

He may be a friend/old teammate of yours Box, however, I would be pretty dirty if I was Kirk Wilson, who also calls Johhny a friend, especially if a mate said yes, ill come and play for you, then turns around and says, nah ill go to cul.
no doubt if it happened to you, you would be angry and disappointed, no need to bring up anything about morals and ethics Box, I think most people would be angry (including you), how much would you trust his word from then on?

I know Kirk would be disappointed. No doubt he and Johnny are close mates. I can tell you any decision Johnny has made will be with aheavy heart and he would have been forthcoming to everyone involved., But he is NOT going to Cul he is going back to Jindera.

*** quote from no orange peeler 19/2/2010 in relation to a bloke who committed to Jindera and went to Howlong ***
"i don't blame him for looking after his own interests business wise but you don't commit somewhere play all happy family's then dog it, doesn't paint a real good picture in regards to integrity. But as we all know this is covering old ground."

How soon we forget

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*** quote from no orange peeler 19/2/2010 in relation to a bloke who committed to Jindera and went to Howlong ***
"i don't blame him for looking after his own interests business wise but you don't commit somewhere play all happy family's then dog it, doesn't paint a real good picture in regards to integrity. But as we all know this is covering old ground."

How soon we forget

Obviously our friend NOP is not to concerned with integrity now that the shoe is on the other foot. Kirk would no doubt be gutted but I would say that the Swans will be moving forwards and not looking back. I dare say like any other club that has had a player go back on their word they won't entertain the thought of recruiting John Murray again........

Obviously our friend NOP is not to concerned with integrity now that the shoe is on the other foot. Kirk would no doubt be gutted but I would say that the Swans will be moving forwards and not looking back. I dare say like any other club that has had a player go back on their word they won't entertain the thought of recruiting John Murray again........
All this sh@t bout little john murray you would think hes some star seen him play an played against him an can tell you is not a star so not a lose to either club and wouldnt put it as a gain for jindera:eek:

All this sh@t bout little john murray you would think hes some star seen him play an played against him an can tell you is not a star so not a lose to either club and wouldnt put it as a gain for jindera:eek:
Well said BB , If this is the biggest news of late then things are very quiet in the Hume League at present...whats happening around the traps?

Intersting to hear the Culcairn have lost Fagan, coulson and White, along with Gardiner Goddee and Klemke. The recruitment of the magpies boys has ruffled a few feathers. I guess sharing a shower with Thornycroft has scared a few off.

Intersting to hear the Culcairn have lost Fagan, coulson and White, along with Gardiner Goddee and Klemke. The recruitment of the magpies boys has ruffled a few feathers. I guess sharing a shower with Thornycroft has scared a few off.
WRONG!!! Fagan, Coulson to Thurgoona (surprise,surprise!) White staying, Gardiner staying, Godde undecided, probably back to O&M, as excpected and Klemke, I reckon he left about July last year. On a different topic, is Nicholson coaching Magpies? Heard a good rumour that Sibraa from Jindera was offered massive coin to take the job. Does anyone know whats going on?

WRONG!!! Fagan, Coulson to Thurgoona (surprise,surprise!) White staying, Gardiner staying, Godde undecided, probably back to O&M, as excpected and Klemke, I reckon he left about July last year. On a different topic, is Nicholson coaching Magpies? Heard a good rumour that Sibraa from Jindera was offered massive coin to take the job. Does anyone know whats going on?

If you had a read of the paper today you would have seen the article about Nicholson taking on the top job at Magpies. Good luck to him is all i can say. As for Trav Gardiner he is heading to Sth America on Wednesday morning and is thinking about having the year off! As with Ash he was offered big coin to coach and he has knocked it back to stay at the kennel!

If you had a read of the paper today you would have seen the article about Nicholson taking on the top job at Magpies. Good luck to him is all i can say. As for Trav Gardiner he is heading to Sth America on Wednesday morning and is thinking about having the year off! As with Ash he was offered big coin to coach and he has knocked it back to stay at the kennel!
Considering that Netgear posted his comment at 5.20 this morning he may not have had a chance to read the paper 'Einstein':rolleyes:

Heard Sibraa was super keen to move on, but then the doggies somehow got him to stay... maybe more coin???

Heard the doggies may be on the brink of losing a top player as well, heading to O&M level...! Cant name the player as yet as im getting conflicting reports to if he has signed at this particular O&M club, as i dont want to name him if he is still deciding and the doggies manage to get him to stay... I will investigate further and let you all know...

Walla on the brink of a few big signings..... They may surprise a few yet!

Heard Sibraa was super keen to move on, but then the doggies somehow got him to stay... maybe more coin???

Heard the doggies may be on the brink of losing a top player as well, heading to O&M level...! Cant name the player as yet as im getting conflicting reports to if he has signed at this particular O&M club, as i dont want to name him if he is still deciding and the doggies manage to get him to stay... I will investigate further and let you all know...

Walla on the brink of a few big signings..... They may surprise a few yet!

That'd be Daniel Cassidy your talking about MPH. who is being chased hard by the Raiders. He is away on his honeymoon at the moment so no decisions will be made until he gets back. if he decides to go he go's with our best wishes as he knows he has a home at Jindera. He was 50/50 when i was talking to him thursday.
Walla are talking up to 15 new recruits most from out of area. Relton Roberts is the name i keep hearing. But i hear he has been on a healthy diet of goose and turtle so not sure of how good a shape he'll be in.

31st October 2011

Originally Posted by CentreHalfBench12
Is Daniel Cassidy having another crack in the O&M this year have heard he is anyone no for sure.

Nope staying

Yesterday
That'd be Daniel Cassidy your talking about MPH. who is being chased hard by the Raiders. He is away on his honeymoon at the moment so no decisions will be made until he gets back. if he decides to go he go's with our best wishes as he knows he has a home at Jindera. He was 50/50 when i was talking to him thursday.
Walla are talking up to 15 new recruits most from out of area. Relton Roberts is the name i keep hearing. But i hear he has been on a healthy diet of goose and turtle so not sure of how good a shape he'll be in.

Got a little bit ahead of yourself NOP....:rolleyes:
[no pun intended]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back