Hume FL - 2011 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two practice match reports from The Power Press:

March 12: CDHBU had a good hitout against Rennie at Rennie on Saturday but went down 8.7 55 to 17.11 113, which means that Rennie retain the Peter Murphy Cup for another season.
Goalkickers: B Talbot 2, B Kingston 2, R Leahy 2, A Ray 1, J Conroy 1.
Best: J Rippingale, R Leahy, B Talbot, J Conroy, D Talbot, C Cay.
The fourths had a close game with Wahgunyah on Friday night, going down in the last few minutes.

March 19: CDHBU played Picola United at John Foord Oval and had a good win, kicking 11.23 89 to Picola's 8.5 53.
Goalkickers: R Leahy 5, B Kingston 2, X Mardling 1, R Dye 1, R Bilney 1, S Talbot 1.
Best: R Leahy, J Rippingale, X Mardling, M Macartney, B Talbot, J Hanrahan.

This Saturday CDHBU travel to Rutherglen to take on the Cats in football and netball.
The fourths will start at 10am, thirds start at 11am and a 1pm start for seniors, playing six 20minute terms.

Only one more weekend before the season kicks off! My Top 6 predictions ( if anyone cares )

Jindera
Brock Burrum
Howlong
Holbrook
Lockhart
Culcairn....

Teams to push for sixth
Osborne
Rand / Walb
Henty
Magpies

I think the league will be alot more even this year just going off comings and goings, Jindera will pick up the pace this year and bomber should kick another 100, along with big bradshaw from howlong spearheading Howlong. Brock burrum could go all the way after some finals experience from last year and i think Lockhart to be the big movers of 2011. Thoughts??

Only one more weekend before the season kicks off! My Top 6 predictions ( if anyone cares )

Jindera
Brock Burrum
Howlong
Holbrook
Lockhart
Culcairn....

Teams to push for sixth
Osborne
Rand / Walb
Henty
Magpies

I think the league will be alot more even this year just going off comings and goings, Jindera will pick up the pace this year and bomber should kick another 100, along with big bradshaw from howlong spearheading Howlong. Brock burrum could go all the way after some finals experience from last year and i think Lockhart to be the big movers of 2011. Thoughts??

Jindera just have to much depth for my liking and I just can't see them losing it this year. But if they have injuries to their main drivers it could leave the door open. I think the paper was spot on this morning about bb, there bottom 6 just does not appear up to the task. For bb to be a real threat this year they will need glanville and guest to stay fit and focused. Mckimmie would need to fill schilgs shoes and do more then he did last year, mind u. Not that he had a bad year! Storey will need to maintain his form from last year also.

Luke gardner will be a good pick up, and I heard bill daily could kick a bagful from time to time too.

Holbrook will be up there because they have an easier draw And they have recruited well. Not sure about culcairn and howlong tho. But it should be a cracker of a season. Lot of competitive games. Looking forward to it.

Jindera
Holbrook
Howlong
Bb saints
Culcairn
Lockheart.

have to agree Jindera have to be favs at this point guess time will tell YET again.. . WERE FAVS THIS TIME LAST YEAR LOOK WERE THEY FINISHED who will stop there forwards but there is no chance of hilton kickin the ton this year has been,:confused: will not come back the same player as was to many good forwards round him holbrook mite have the easy draw but we get found out come finals like bb did last year LET THE GAMES BEGIN /quote]

Well people Its finally here, Round 1. Who is everyone picking? Here are mine
Brock burrum ( close one )
Henty ( upset of round )
Howlong ( comfortable )
Jindera ( by alot )
Osborne ( easily )
Rand Walb ( 10 goals or more )

Brock burrum ( 18 points )
Culcairn ( 51 points )
Howlong ( 63 points)
Crows (2 points )big upset
Osborne ( 56 point )
Rand Walb ( 45 points )

Well people Its finally here, Round 1. Who is everyone picking? Here are mine
Brock burrum ( close one )
Henty ( upset of round )
Howlong ( comfortable )
Jindera ( by alot )
Osborne ( easily )
Rand Walb ( 10 goals or more )

Henty did knock BB off in first round last year after they were expected to flog the swampies so maybe they might get themselves up again for another huge upset.

rand walbundrie by 45
osborne by 80
jindera by 53
lockhart by 12
culcairn by 24
howlong by 46 bradshaw 9

rand walbundrie by 45
osborne by 80
jindera by 53
lockhart by 12
culcairn by 24
howlong by 46 bradshaw 9
tigers by 38
cat by 49
dogs easy 68
saints by 8 in what will be match of the round
loins should get home but in a close one 14
spiders just dont write off the pies 19
do think there will be a big upset being the frist round :cool:

tigers by 38
cat by 49
dogs easy 68
saints by 8 in what will be match of the round
loins should get home but in a close one 14
spiders just dont write off the pies 19
do think there will be a big upset being the frist round :cool:

My tip of the round is - by the time Holbrook start next week they will be flag favourites. 2 late recruits the icing on the cake. The 'FIXTER', I mean Fixture they have also helps, so they will finish top 3 at least..... In saying that the top 3 or 4 are tight to split, so September will be a good watch. What a day to start the season. Happy to be in town to watch a good game of footy hopefully.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone give any insight into Charlie Cay's first game as coach yesterday? I know they lost but looking for opinions on his coaching style.

No real surprises with the results from the weekend. Culcairn must have started pretty shaky & Magpies look to have given the spiders a bit of a scare. Anyone watch either of these games?

No real surprises with the results from the weekend. Culcairn must have started pretty shaky & Magpies look to have given the spiders a bit of a scare. Anyone watch either of these games?
Yeah rollin I saw the Cul/Henty game and I am not sure Cul were that shaky, Henty played good football for 3 qtrs,then the likes of fruey,gilsonn and klemke took control in the last...10 minutes into the last qtr Henty were still in front and look like they will push most sides.

Yeah rollin I saw the Cul/Henty game and I am not sure Cul were that shaky, Henty played good football for 3 qtrs,then the likes of fruey,gilsonn and klemke took control in the last...10 minutes into the last qtr Henty were still in front and look like they will push most sides.

I watched the BB vs Lockhart game. It was a pretty scrappy game. Both Teams were making very easy mistakes. missed marks and kicks. BB could have been 4 goals up within the first few minutes but couldnt convert. Umps were pretty average, there was alot of free's which were not given to both teams. I think BB were pretty lucky to get away with the win in the end, as they seemed pretty flat. I think BB come up against Henty next week, so it should be a very interesting match. Wouldnt be surprised if they knocked BB off.

The BMM stated that Howlong had no bench after 5 mins of the game so id imagine that wouldve played havoc with thier rotations.
Also noticed that former Spider Ben Nicholson was The Maggies best

My tip of the round is - by the time Holbrook start next week they will be flag favourites. 2 late recruits the icing on the cake. The 'FIXTER', I mean Fixture they have also helps, so they will finish top 3 at least..... In saying that the top 3 or 4 are tight to split, so September will be a good watch. What a day to start the season. Happy to be in town to watch a good game of footy hopefully.

Heard that Hickey may be one of them.Blog on the Upper Murray about how he forged another blokes signature on a clearance form to go to Bullioh-so you would imagine Bullioh would think he is playing there......

Heard that Hickey may be one of them.Blog on the Upper Murray about how he forged another blokes signature on a clearance form to go to Bullioh-so you would imagine Bullioh would think he is playing there......

Nah wasn't talking about Hickey. Also don't think Fixter signed yet either, so think I missed the mark on that one. Reckon Holbrook will end up a bit short to push the top 3 or 4 sides unless they find a couple more, especially a key position.

From reading the sides in last weeks paper I can not see any backman in the comp who can go close to stopping Bradshaw, then Howlong also have Barnes next to him. Gonna be hard to stop them again. Jindera have the best option who is also their best forward (Hilton).

I still find the draw hard to cop, some of these sides don't get to test themselves until round 4 or 5 realistaclly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back