Hume FL - 2011 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Nicholson and banks gone from spiders I question where the delivery is going to come from to get Bradshaw his hundred. Barnes will be snagging a few of his own but I doubt Howlongs midfield have been replaced with this quality that has gone. I would love to see the Spiders vs Murray Magpies game as the spiders are fairly disgrunted at Nicholson jumping ship. i believe they play off in round 1 if the draw i have goes ahead.

The flag is anyones 2011

With Nicholson and banks gone from spiders I question where the delivery is going to come from to get Bradshaw his hundred. Barnes will be snagging a few of his own but I doubt Howlongs midfield have been replaced with this quality that has gone. I would love to see the Spiders vs Murray Magpies game as the spiders are fairly disgrunted at Nicholson jumping ship. i believe they play off in round 1 if the draw i have goes ahead.

The flag is anyones 2011

100% agree with this would be the most evenly matched comp for a few years i reckon with no absolute stand outs. The usual suspects will be in the hunt again but also throw in Holbrook, Lockhart by all reports, Magpies, Henty will continue to improve with the return of Klemke and Terlich, hearing a lot of talk about the Crows and CDHBU (maybe Bourkey can help us out there). Everyones pre-season well an truely in full swing bet everyone is loving those 400's

The flag is anyones 2011

Ben Nicholson left on good terms as did all the boys that have moved on since last year n can't wait to catch up for a beer with stumpy :)

It's probably fair to say that BB Saints will have a challenge on thier hands to make finals with new draw, they cruised through last yr due to playing lower sides. Credit to them for the yr they had, i'm not taking anything away from them. Hopefully they continue more success with McKimmie but the new draw gives them a whole new challenge.

I'm putting it out there that Holrook and Twiggy have a dream run and the premiership they are attempting to buy is in thier favour, I hope the Brookers get smoked as I have no respect for them and the way they are going about thier business, sorry.:mad:

who is playing who in pre-season games?

It's probably fair to say that BB Saints will have a challenge on thier hands to make finals with new draw, they cruised through last yr due to playing lower sides. Credit to them for the yr they had, i'm not taking anything away from them. Hopefully they continue more success with McKimmie but the new draw gives them a whole new challenge.

I'm putting it out there that Holrook and Twiggy have a dream run and the premiership they are attempting to buy is in thier favour, I hope the Brookers get smoked as I have no respect for them and the way they are going about thier business, sorry.:mad:

who is playing who in pre-season games?

twiggy lol.......
Magpies are the other one who was favoured by a cushy draw last year that will have it much tougher this year. Holbrook will finish it the finals but how well they go against the 6 other contenders will dictate how they go. Henty is the one that should feel hard done by

*******************BREAKING NEWS******************

Bill Daley is set to pull the boots on after an extended stint up in the QAFL after kicking 84 goals last year.

Bradshaw WHO!!! Because Billy is BACK boys. Not sure who has sercured his services as yet. But this will be the biggest signing this off season.

Bill Daley is set to pull the boots on after an extended stint up in the QAFL after kicking 84 goals last year.

Bradshaw WHO!!! Because Billy is BACK boys. Not sure who has sercured his services as yet. But this will be the biggest signing this off season.

This might be a stupid question, but who is Bill Daley? Where has he played?

I thought he signed for corryong last year...he is a good goal kicker when serious!!!

Also BB have got a player back from a few years ago who is a ball magnet and will fit in nicely.

Jindera
2 lots of daylight
Lockhart
Holbrook
Howlong
BB Saints
Henty
The rest

Azzi Medal: Brett Wightman
Goalkicking: Mark Hilton 89

Heard last night that Culcairn have signed a number of quality O&M & ex O&M and believe they will be stronger than last year. Can anyone confirm this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard last night that Culcairn have signed a number of quality O&M & ex O&M and believe they will be stronger than last year. Can anyone confirm this.

only know of Paton and Godde (last 4 games) I would have thought the losses were more significant with Cul. Lost some really good players. No real surprises with the clearances just yet. Looks like the Crows have put a few on paper and could rattle a few cages.

only know of Paton and Godde (last 4 games) I would have thought the losses were more significant with Cul. Lost some really good players. No real surprises with the clearances just yet. Looks like the Crows have put a few on paper and could rattle a few cages.

Any word on if cul have spoken to Rob Hodgson about co coaching with kade klemke? have heard strong rumours that they are v interested in getting him over.

Also have heard that BB saints have had strong ties to ex AFL players Chris egan and shane watson, watson who played for collingwood around 2000 and egan in 2008.

Any practice matches on the go?

Any word on if cul have spoken to Rob Hodgson about co coaching with kade klemke? have heard strong rumours that they are v interested in getting him over.

Also have heard that BB saints have had strong ties to ex AFL players Chris egan and shane watson, watson who played for collingwood around 2000 and egan in 2008.

Any practice matches on the go?

Shane Watson would find it hard to do much, in between his coaching committments with North Melbourne.

Who do we think could easily make the transition into O&M from the hume league?
Wouldn't imagine there would be to many Clear heels, most that could have, came from o&m anyway. Fruen, Gilson's, Mathews, Murphy, Mcalister. Does anyone else think otherwise?

NOP - any reason you left Klemke out? also Logue, Crenuane, plus a couple of others.

NOP - any reason you left Klemke out? also Logue, Crenuane, plus a couple of others.
As NOP said six pack Culcairns losses seem to outway their gains at this point of the season. Kane Goode for the last four games is great but not much good if they finish outside the six.With losses of the calibre of Donnan,Charlton-White,2 Schultz boys ,Hutchens etc,you could be forgiven for thinking they might drop down a peg or two,might be wrong ,time will tell...;)

Don't underestimate couple of others - always a solid contributor. Seems to bob up at a few clubs though.

On other off season news. Looks like McKimmie @ BB is struggling with the recruitment side of his new role. As far as im aware he has not managed to secure ONE player who has not played at the club in the past. (who will be a senior player)

BB should be around the same mark as last year, but i wouldnt think that they would progress to far into finals.

Unless Mckimmie has some signings under his belt - i am a fairly disappointed clubman at this point in time. So much O&M experiance and to not be able to even secure Lavington 2nds players is a very poor effort in my mind.

Although his training of the team appears to be working, the boys are far fitter then this time last year and should not have to worry about running out of legs.

On other off season news. Looks like McKimmie @ BB is struggling with the recruitment side of his new role. As far as im aware he has not managed to secure ONE player who has not played at the club in the past. (who will be a senior player)

BB should be around the same mark as last year, but i wouldnt think that they would progress to far into finals.

Unless Mckimmie has some signings under his belt - i am a fairly disappointed clubman at this point in time. So much O&M experiance and to not be able to even secure Lavington 2nds players is a very poor effort in my mind.

Although his training of the team appears to be working, the boys are far fitter then this time last year and should not have to worry about running out of legs.

Have the Saints lost anyone besides Schilg?

Are they a sure thing to play finals with their tougher draw in 2011?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back