Jan 21, 2007
livin the dream
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Yankees tottenham hotspur ny giants
Righto lets go new year.
From what i know.
Lockhart have signed Mcpherson as well as a number of CAK players this should see them somewhere in the mix.
Henty have lost up to 8 players. apart from piltz not sure what other recruits.
MM are getting solid numbers at training:D.
Walla have been getting 30+ to training unsure of quality.
Howlong will start premiership favourites. But good luck to them. would have to be pushing the envelope of the points system.
Osborne we have spoken about. 2nd in premiership betting
BB lost a few not sure on any replacements for them.
CDHBU-NFI
Crows- might recruit alright again could be knocking on the door but once again NFI
RWT- heard a few heading there no big names as such so not real sure.
Holbrook- Lost Palmer but gained some KPP will be around the mark
Culcairn- Recruiting quality people, would be nice to see them fall over:D but the buggers won't go away
Jindera lost a few as we all know, was a bit slow on the recruiting front due to previous committee's lack of foresight in a reapponting the coach but have gained some serious momentum in the past month or so. Keeping a few under our hats. Won't have the depth of last year as for quality that remains to be seen.

shapes up to be a cracking year, looking forward to our round 1 encounter on Good Friday against Howlong.
Still not happy about playing both long weekends but hey what can you do!!

Righto lets go new year.
From what i know.
Lockhart have signed Mcpherson as well as a number of CAK players this should see them somewhere in the mix.
Henty have lost up to 8 players. apart from piltz not sure what other recruits.
MM are getting solid numbers at training:D.
Walla have been getting 30+ to training unsure of quality.
Howlong will start premiership favourites. But good luck to them. would have to be pushing the envelope of the points system.
Osborne we have spoken about. 2nd in premiership betting
BB lost a few not sure on any replacements for them.
CDHBU-NFI
Crows- might recruit alright again could be knocking on the door but once again NFI
RWT- heard a few heading there no big names as such so not real sure.
Holbrook- Lost Palmer but gained some KPP will be around the mark
Culcairn- Recruiting quality people, would be nice to see them fall over:D but the buggers won't go away
Jindera lost a few as we all know, was a bit slow on the recruiting front due to previous committee's lack of foresight in a reapponting the coach but have gained some serious momentum in the past month or so. Keeping a few under our hats. Won't have the depth of last year as for quality that remains to be seen.

shapes up to be a cracking year, looking forward to our round 1 encounter on Good Friday against Howlong.
Still not happy about playing both long weekends but hey what can you do!!

Things are not looking good at the kennel. So I've heard Walla have signed 8 to 10 players, can any of them play? Lets hope so, would be good for the comp to see them back on the winners list.:thumbsu: Don't know a lot about Lockharts recruits but I think they are all from wagga. They should go alright this year.

Apparently BB Saints will be unveiling a couple of recruits in the next week or so? Don't know if true or just more talk from the Saints, they seem to be struggling to get pen to paper. RW have been pretty similar, gone after a few big fish only to pull in a few little ones. Should be about the same as last year.

Things are not looking good at the kennel. So I've heard Walla have signed 8 to 10 players, can any of them play? Lets hope so, would be good for the comp to see them back on the winners list.:thumbsu: Don't know a lot about Lockharts recruits but I think they are all from wagga. They should go alright this year.

Apparently BB Saints will be unveiling a couple of recruits in the next week or so? Don't know if true or just more talk from the Saints, they seem to be struggling to get pen to paper. RW have been pretty similar, gone after a few big fish only to pull in a few little ones. Should be about the same as last year.
The Saints boys have been talking these so called recruits up for the last 2 months but i think its all talk. Big call I know but with no recruits and only player losses i'm tipping the Saints, Henty and even Jindera slipping out of finals contention this year.

The Saints boys have been talking these so called recruits up for the last 2 months but i think its all talk. Big call I know but with no recruits and only player losses i'm tipping the Saints, Henty and even Jindera slipping out of finals contention this year.

I agree i think the saints are all talk. Word on the street, is that they havent signed anyone worthy of an announcement, and have lost more then a handful of players.. Considering depth was the saints main concern over the last couple of years. :confused:

Jindera and Henty have lost alot of senior players, and i dont think Jindera have replaced them, but they did have an awesome 2nds side.. So they should be able to rebound and still play finals.

Henty has picked up a couple but lost more then a couple, so i would think both Henty and BB are playing for the last finals spot and will be just making up the numbers.

In saying all this, maybe these clubs have shut the bank.... I mean Howlong are going to be VERY good this year, and they have spent a bucket load of coin.. Why would u want to throw away cash on a dud season? I would love to know where them and Holbrooks points are at......:D

Yeah I can't see anyone getting close to Howlong, probably best playing as many kids as possible and planning for next year. If Osborne get the good draw they should finish top two, also expecting Lockhart to improve. From what I've heard they've signed a few from the Riverina League.

Howlong
Osborne
Holbrook
Culcairn
Lockhart
Jindera
------------
BB
Henty
The rest

I agree i think the saints are all talk. Word on the street, is that they havent signed anyone worthy of an announcement, and have lost more then a handful of players.. Considering depth was the saints main concern over the last couple of years. :confused:

Jindera and Henty have lost alot of senior players, and i dont think Jindera have replaced them, but they did have an awesome 2nds side.. So they should be able to rebound and still play finals.

Henty has picked up a couple but lost more then a couple, so i would think both Henty and BB are playing for the last finals spot and will be just making up the numbers.

In saying all this, maybe these clubs have shut the bank.... I mean Howlong are going to be VERY good this year, and they have spent a bucket load of coin.. Why would u want to throw away cash on a dud season? I would love to know where them and Holbrooks points are at......:D
Does anyone actually know who Henty has recruited , besides Piltz of course.I keep hearing they have recruited a few but never hear any names...Apparantly they have lost 8 of last years side,based on that alone I think it could be a pretty ordinary year in the swamp.

The points system is as handy as **** on a bull. It is not enforced.
What's to be enforced? You submit your list with the relevant points for each player, and they can't register any player that exceeds the maximum points for each club. Every club has the opportunity to ask to see any other clubs points.
No doubt there will be a few that will line up to check Howlong, Holbrook and maybe even Walla if the rumours are true:D

What's to be enforced? You submit your list with the relevant points for each player, and they can't register any player that exceeds the maximum points for each club. Every club has the opportunity to ask to see any other clubs points.
No doubt there will be a few that will line up to check Howlong, Holbrook and maybe even Walla if the rumours are true:D

Apparently holbrook exceeded system last year and nothing was done. have heard that the league have exempt daniel bradshaw from the points system due to his ability to attract interest in the league. May as well scrap the whole thing.

Nothing. That's my point. It's not enforced. Look at what RHG said.

The salarly cap was scrapped as clubs knew it was a joke. Now points has gone the same way too. Not a single shit is given by clubs with the cash.
The key thing the RHG said was 'apparently'. Holbrook's was brought up at part1 of league AGM were a club challenged them by letter and they proved to be fine. And I can guarentee you that Daniel Bradshaw is not given a free ride at all, and Howlong's points are fine. Close, but fine!
It was discussed at length last week at part 2 of the AGM and it was explained that there are penalties in place for any breach, and that the league had appointed Liz Lane as the points officer. However it was 'impossible' to breach the points as they must be assessed and approved by March 31st, and then again at the clearance deadline.
I think the rmours of Howlongs spending spree are greatly exagerated, they have only brought in 5 new players and have lost 3-4 that were all contracted players:thumbsu:

Apparently holbrook exceeded system last year and nothing was done. have heard that the league have exempt daniel bradshaw from the points system due to his ability to attract interest in the league. May as well scrap the whole thing.

Are you serious about bradshaw? if thats the case, then this league is a bloody joke! :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Holbrook are one of the clubs asking questions from what i understand.. apparently Bloom was only worth 1 point last year... So thats rubbish as well, and im under the impression that the league is has got an independent auditor this year to monitor the points?

If my info is correct, Daniel Bradshaw is co coach at Howlong? Can anyone confirm that? If he is, from what I can gather is that coaches are ) points, no matter where they come from or how good they are. So if he is ) points, it will be because he is a coach, not because the league wants notoriety.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Um, so what's stopping a club from naming 25 co-coaches, nullifying the effect of points completely?
Only 1 coach can be nominated for 0 points. If this was correct about Daniel, he would be 0 points and Almond would be allocated probably 1 point after being out there for a few years, if he plays:thumbsu:

Only 1 coach can be nominated for 0 points. If this was correct about Daniel, he would be 0 points and Almond would be allocated probably 1 point after being out there for a few years, if he plays:thumbsu:

Well played to Howlong.
I noticed that Culcairn have some new signings and clearances are up to around 8 or so. Looks like they have come from pretty good leagues. Can anyone feel me in on who they are n any quality.

I think it's been confirmed that Maksimow wont be at Culcain, true? I can't quite see the
m being as good as last year. Klemke and Godde will be massive losses.

Seems as though apart from howlong and osborne no one else has significantly improved their list. has recruiting become that much more difficult? Or are players starting to demand way more than wat they are worth? doesnt seem to be as many 1 or $200 players about

Can any of the Saints boys tell me whats going on out there with all their departures? With Scott, Shanahan, Guest and Hall all lodging clearances in the last couple of weeks, looks like their in for a big slide. Swampies no signings either with Willo off to Jindera, Wisey to Thurgoona and Klemke playing with his cousin in Canberra. Looks like a long season for both clubs if they can't pick up a few players in the next few weeks. Jindera even though they've lost a few still look like they have a few $$$ in the bank with a few new signing of late.

Can any of the Saints boys tell me whats going on out there with all their departures? With Scott, Shanahan, Guest and Hall all lodging clearances in the last couple of weeks, looks like their in for a big slide. Swampies no signings either with Willo off to Jindera, Wisey to Thurgoona and Klemke playing with his cousin in Canberra. Looks like a long season for both clubs if they can't pick up a few players in the next few weeks. Jindera even though they've lost a few still look like they have a few $$$ in the bank with a few new signing of late.

I Wouldnt say we are in a huge slide, Scott was close to getting dropped last year IMO- and didnt provide us with much at all. Shanahan Improved last year - but his kicking is pretty bad but he was hard at it. Cant see him getting a senior game at Nth. Hall was a 2nds player and Guest, well his ankle is stuffed and he has moved away. so other then that, i wouldnt say much has changed.

There are a few new faces at training, but not sure if they have signed or just having a look at the club. We should be at the bottom of the finals pack this year..

Seems as though apart from howlong and osborne no one else has significantly improved their list. has recruiting become that much more difficult? Or are players starting to demand way more than wat they are worth? doesnt seem to be as many 1 or $200 players about

This is exactly right. Blokes are asking for (and getting) ridiculous coin. If you havn't played 50 o&m games, or a similar standard, there is no way you should be getting over $300 a game. Mate at Culcairn was saying Fruey is on about $200-$250, and Barber bout the same. Not many better than them 2 in the league, but plenty getting paid more. It will stuff the league in the end.

I Wouldnt say we are in a huge slide, Scott was close to getting dropped last year IMO- and didnt provide us with much at all. Shanahan Improved last year - but his kicking is pretty bad but he was hard at it. Cant see him getting a senior game at Nth. Hall was a 2nds player and Guest, well his ankle is stuffed and he has moved away. so other then that, i wouldnt say much has changed.

There are a few new faces at training, but not sure if they have signed or just having a look at the club. We should be at the bottom of the finals pack this year..

A FAMISHED FOX saw some clusters of ripe black grapes hanging
from a trellised vine. She resorted to all her tricks to get at
them, but wearied herself in vain, for she could not reach them.
At last she turned away, hiding her disappointment and saying:
"The Grapes are sour, and not ripe as I thought."

I think unless BB Saints recruited all the Geelong players who recently retired and got back Luke Schilg, it is going to be a waste going for a flag this year anyway, if anyone other than Howlong, Holbrook Jindera and potentially Osborne were there at the end I would be very surprised and yes I am happy to be proven wrong. For a club who only 2 years ago had a double chance at finals and the magoos were runners up to lose senior and fringe players with no real recruits to come on board means something needs to be looked at. Whilst you can say Shanahan and Hall arent any great loss you still have to find two more senior players to replace them and whom exactly are they, they ressies boys who were posting there crap on the 2011 forum, I think not. Whilst your top 6 is equal to any in the league the rest leaves a lot to be desired. Anyway the point is, on reflection was sacking eddie the biggest mistake the club made in the past 5 years after he recruited so many?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back