Hume FL Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm currently two weeks behind, so I'll get it up to date and get back to you.

Tuned it to hear your dulcet tones on the main event on Foxtel last Friday night, and you weren't calling ! Did see a ripper game though, 1st v 2nd and the 2nd team was 56 points up at half time. Didn't score in the last half though, and the top team pinched a win with 30 seconds on the clock. Amazing. Would have been better with HII commentary.

Tuned it to hear your dulcet tones on the main event on Foxtel last Friday night, and you weren't calling ! Did see a ripper game though, 1st v 2nd and the 2nd team was 56 points up at half time. Didn't score in the last half though, and the top team pinched a win with 30 seconds on the clock. Amazing. Would have been better with HII commentary.

Cheerz mate.

But it probably would have been my last game because I would have jumped out the third story window in excitement.

HUME LEAGUE TOP 10 PLAYERS
Leaderboard After Round 13
SENIORS
Nick Whiterod (Walla) 78
Djali Bloomfield (Osborne) 65
Manny Edmunds (Holbrook) 61
Luke Kohlhagen (Walla) 61
Callum Litchfield (Osborne) 59
Jarrod Hanrahan (CDHBU) 57
Jayme Hicks (CDHBU) 52
Daniel Kirchen (Billabong Crows) 52
Brett Wightman (Jindera) 51
Ben Nicholson (Howlong) 46

RESERVES
Scott Fagan (Culcairn) 60
Daniel Smith (Osborne) 60
Shane Norman (CDHBU) 54
Simon Montague (Holbrook) 51
Samuel Toon (Rand-Walbundrie) 41
Trent Boers (Holbrook) 40
Trent Cooper (Brocklesby-Burrumbuttock) 40
Scott Mitchell (Culcairn) 40
Scott Freeman (Jindera) 39
James Pither (Lockhart) 39

THIRDS
Nathan Rhodes (CDHBU) 93
Derek Singe (Henty) 72
Hayden Filliponi (CDHBU) 63
Adam Mannes (Coleambally) 56
Hayden Singe (Henty) 56
Beau Walker (Howlong) 56
Jesse Tyrell (Murray Magpies) 54
Cory Smith (CDHBU) 53
Hamish Clark (Howlong) 52
Kane Barbour (CDHBU) 46

FOURTHS
Josh Jones (Holbrook) 94
Josh Baggio (Howlong) 75
Damien Wilson (CDHBU) 66
Sam Breedin (Howlong) 65
Jakson Franks (Howlong) 64
Jack Doig (Henty) 63
Thomas Barnes (Billabong Crows) 57
Dylan Hore (Henty) 56
Matthew Anderson (Billabong Crows) 53
Mitchell Dunbar (Coleambally) 52
Corban O’Malley (Coleambally) 52

If the match is a draw - both teams’ best five players score 10,8,6,4,2
If the margin is 1-9 points - winners get 10,8,6,4,2; losers get 9,7,5,3,1
If the margin is 10-29 points - winners get 10,9,6,5,2; losers get 8,7,4,3,1
If the margin is 30-59 points - winners get 10,9,8,4,3; losers get 7,6,5,2,1
If the margin is 60-99 points - winners get 10,9,8,7,6; losers get 5,4,3,2,1
If the margin is 100+ points - winners get 10,9,8,7,6,5; losers get 4,3,2,1

As requested, the No.1 player for each club is:
Billabong Crows: Daniel Kirchen 52
Brocklesby-Burrumbuttock: Brett Guest 41
CDHBU: Jarrod Hanrahan 57
Coleambally: Shane Pound 45
Culcairn: Luke Donnan 45
Henty: Simon Hillier 30
Holbrook: Manny Edmunds 61
Howlong: Ben Nicholson 46
Jindera: Brett Wightman 51
Lockhart: Daniel Smallwood 41
Murray Magpies: Dale Lappin 28
Osborne: Djali Bloomfield 65
Rand-Walbundrie: Justin Dickson 45
Walla: Nick Whiterod 78

Great Work Here It Is. All ways look forwrd to seeing your lists posted up.
Just wondering if you could post the best player for every club in the other 3 grades just for interest sake if its not to much trouble.
Thanks and keep up the Good Work

any thoughts on bb saints full forward in good form in the top goal kickers not bad for a lower placed club? also any thoughts on walla lot of rumours of folding? same as murray magpies

any thoughts on bb saints full forward in good form in the top goal kickers not bad for a lower placed club? also any thoughts on walla lot of rumours of folding? same as murray magpies

good to hear that cooper is back in form after todays match. big talk of walla looking for those to merge with them, dire straights out there. good to hear the big tarzan of bb saints benny 'son of pig' land slotted his first goal of the season, any thoughts about it all kool aid man!

good to hear that cooper is back in form after todays match. big talk of walla looking for those to merge with them, dire straights out there. good to hear the big tarzan of bb saints benny 'son of pig' land slotted his first goal of the season, any thoughts about it all kool aid man!

Lol yeh good to get the first one outta the way ! Yeh walla are in dire straits. alot of rumours towards merger on their part.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great Work Here It Is. All ways look forwrd to seeing your lists posted up.
Just wondering if you could post the best player for every club in the other 3 grades just for interest sake if its not to much trouble.
Thanks and keep up the Good Work

Before yesterday's round:

RESERVES
Billabong Crows:
Phillip Smith, Wayne Smith 16
Brocklesby-Burrumbuttock: Trent Cooper 40
CDHBU: Shane Norman 54
Coleambally: Lawrence Graham 20
Culcairn: Scott Fagan 60
Henty: Justin Stroh 29
Holbrook: Simon Montague 51
Howlong: Mark Boyle, Corey Kimber 34
Jindera: Scott Freeman 39
Lockhart: James Pither 39
Murray Magpies: Matthew Hartley 33
Osborne: Daniel Smith 60
Rand-Walbundrie: Samuel Toon 41
Walla: Ben Kotzur, Terrance Lieschke 23

THIRDS
Brocklesby-Burrumbuttock: Ron Boulton 39
CDHBU: Nathan Rhodes 93
Coleambally: Adam Mannes 56
Culcairn: Simon McLeish 31
Henty: Derek Singe 72
Holbrook: Matthew Cross 44
Howlong: Beau Walker 56
Jindera: Thomas Freeman 39
Lockhart: Jay Palmer 28
Murray Magpies: Jesse Tyrell 54
Osborne: David Guttler 33
Rand-Walbundrie: Tom Butterfield 35
Walla: Rick Crozier 30

FOURTHS
Billabong Crows:
Thomas Barnes 57
Brocklesby-Burrumbuttock: Jordan Harrington 26
CDHBU: Damien Wilson 66
Coleambally: Mitchell Dunbar, Corban O'Malley 52
Culcairn: Cassidy McAliece 31
Henty: Jack Doig 63
Holbrook: Josh Jones 94
Howlong: Josh Baggio 75
Jindera: Josh Palmer 46
Lockhart: Zachary Wood 32
Murray Magpies: Layne Heinjus 33
Osborne: Josh O'Connell 50
Rand-Walbundrie: Charlie Williams 42

after all the hype i hear bout t. cooper, i went out and watched him the other day.. he aint that special. his midfield deliever it nicley 2 him..he sheep-dogs goals off bill daley and ron bolton..
and he is a ranga!

What website do you guys use to pick up information about the hume league?
The only one I can find is a dead link.

Thank you!

who would be potential candidates for a walla merger ??

personally i cannot see any will participants up for a merger with the box heads. And quite honestly why would anyone want too. They come with no money ( rumoured ) no real high quality players other than kolhagen and whiterod. Its common knowlegde that walla have approached jindera and culcain both of which have no desire or immediate need to take that path. . . . . ......... Anyone elses opion on this subject would be more than welcome. But my opion is that they unfortunatly will fold aftr the 2010 season. Which would probably allow the high and mighty wise board members of the act / nsw football association to come up with the brilliant idea of letting more clubs into our leauge( that was sarcasm by the way).

Will be interesting to see replies to this subject as it has been one that has flown under the radar a bit.

with the top 6 set in stone and only the order likely to change. Anyone dare to predict of the likely hood out comes in the finals. I think Jindera and Osborne will finish in the top 2. Culcairn will demolish Howlong in the first elimination final with R/W to do the same to Lockhart. 2nd semi will be a toss up between 2 very good sides. Saturdays game was a cracker. R/W will beat Culcairn in the 1st semi final but fall just short in the Prelim. So that will leave Osborne to play Jindera in the Big one. with the Bulldog boys hoping to send Coach Murray off in style with back to back. the 2nds will be Cul and Osborne and the 3rds will be Jindera and Holbrook. Just my thoughts.

personally i cannot see any will participants up for a merger with the box heads. And quite honestly why would anyone want too. They come with no money ( rumoured ) no real high quality players other than kolhagen and whiterod. Its common knowlegde that walla have approached jindera and culcain both of which have no desire or immediate need to take that path. . . . . ......... Anyone elses opion on this subject would be more than welcome. But my opion is that they unfortunatly will fold aftr the 2010 season. Which would probably allow the high and mighty wise board members of the act / nsw football association to come up with the brilliant idea of letting more clubs into our leauge( that was sarcasm by the way).

Will be interesting to see replies to this subject as it has been one that has flown under the radar a bit.
Why are they looking at folding, they were not to bad last year from all reports they have gone down hill this year, is this because players have left, injuries, coach, or what, i find it hard to believe that a club in 12 months can go from the edge of finals to being no were near it, some one must have an idea of whats going on out there, i know a few blokes who have played out there previously and said its not a bad club and that money is not the issue.
Interested in anyones thoughts.

oops yeh andrew sorry,,
u coming from out there can u tell me who played on bomber on the w.e ,
and Gav Gardiner dose he only kick goals agaisnt the weaker teams
in reply to opertunest querie about 'gav ' gardiner .gardiner is undoubtedly the most underated forward in the hume league who kicks goals against good sides as well (hleague website will verify this ) would kick more goals if his supply was better.

Why are they looking at folding, they were not to bad last year from all reports they have gone down hill this year, is this because players have left, injuries, coach, or what, i find it hard to believe that a club in 12 months can go from the edge of finals to being no were near it, some one must have an idea of whats going on out there, i know a few blokes who have played out there previously and said its not a bad club and that money is not the issue.
Interested in anyones thoughts.

Just talking to a mate at work that went to their open meeting tonight to discuss the future at Walla . Sounds like the existing committee just want to fold as there was plenty of support for the club from the floor. Their club secretary had plenty to say all negative replies to every suggestion put forward, why have a town meeting to fix the problem then just try to shut it down at every opportunity. League President was at the meeting and offered numerous options and urged the club to take a positive approach to next year but got hit with negative replies also . Looks like they will struggle to field thirds next year so in their words " we cant go on " surely the club would be strong enough and have people smart enough to realise this is a drastic step for what seems a short term problem. I know when we played them last week the feeling about the club was good even though they may have a few injuries and have had an inconsistant year on the field, but Jindera were in a spot of bother a few years ago and with some hard work they got up and running as with Henty last year they have made good inroads into this year and next. To me it sounds like they need a good clean out, with the current board in this frame of mind maybe they should go. In tough times you need tough people !

Just talking to a mate at work that went to their open meeting tonight to discuss the future at Walla . Sounds like the existing committee just want to fold as there was plenty of support for the club from the floor. Their club secretary had plenty to say all negative replies to every suggestion put forward, why have a town meeting to fix the problem then just try to shut it down at every opportunity. League President was at the meeting and offered numerous options and urged the club to take a positive approach to next year but got hit with negative replies also . Looks like they will struggle to field thirds next year so in their words " we cant go on " surely the club would be strong enough and have people smart enough to realise this is a drastic step for what seems a short term problem. I know when we played them last week the feeling about the club was good even though they may have a few injuries and have had an inconsistant year on the field, but Jindera were in a spot of bother a few years ago and with some hard work they got up and running as with Henty last year they have made good inroads into this year and next. To me it sounds like they need a good clean out, with the current board in this frame of mind maybe they should go. In tough times you need tough people !

totally agree with your last words there spida. as i said with a town that size i cant see why folding is the only option. seems there maybe more going on behind the scenes than we all can see or hear

well i went and watched the bb saints v magpies....what can be said about bb's effort...it was like wayne carey getting caught at stevens house.....disgraceful!!!! they are a much better side then that...they should maybe look at what or how much the players had to drink the night before...but on a good note i think the magpies moving to the pantherdome was a great idea..well done. happened to watch a fair bit of the 2's which always provides a laugh or three.good to see BIG BUSSLING BENNY LAND carving up the forward line.did notice the umpiring was pretty good.the bb saints are on the right foot and should make finals next year in the seniors but hopefully the 2's make it this year!!!! lets hope they switch it on this week against jindera!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hume FL Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back