Hume League 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

All Wodonga saints seconds players. Surely they need to target some fringe o and m players and try get higher profile coach to get them off bottom of ladder instead of spending shitload on Tallangatta league seconds . Waste of $$$ and getting nowhere

Think you will find that they are the saints best 6 senior players who can play , just need good players around them, which they will not have. They def not seconds players but your right with the targeting wrong players. How can they justify playing blokes amounts of money from the club that has won 6 games in 2-3 years of footy, not really bringing a winning culture in , just expanding on the culture that was created last year , lossing one at that.

Think you will find that they are the saints best 6 senior players who can play , just need good players around them, which they will not have. They def not seconds players but your right with the targeting wrong players. How can they justify playing blokes amounts of money from the club that has won 6 games in 2-3 years of footy, not really bringing a winning culture in , just expanding on the culture that was created last year , lossing one at that.

I don't enjoy reading the posts about what people think Walla are doing wrong. They are obviously struggling for players yet still get criticised for going out and getting 5 or 6 in one hit. They need to start somewhere and from what I know the players they picked up don't go too bad and will be pretty serviceable. They may have to pay a bit extra this season to find players but if they improve a bit then things may be slightly easier next year. Good on them for having a go and good luck to them.

im hearing of a 6ft8 ruckman from canberra huge rig calved up in intra club game may giv tigers first use in the centre and around the ground.

Write off rand at your own peril will still be very handy in my opinion, still the biggest threat to henty in the comp.

Anyone know of any other practice match fixtures/results?

Chiltern beat Holbrook last week in a 6 quarter game but hard to tell the quality of both sides from that sort of game.

Think BB Saints play Chiltern this week.
Howlong are playing a team from Melbourne this weekend.
Jindera play Rutherglen this week.

Watched the Jindera vs Rutherglen game yesterday and Jindera look like they are going to be a slick side this year with plenty of pace and good skills they won by 10+ goals, any other results from over the weekend?

spanked by 8 goals wat would u call a 20 goal flogging then ? griffith got the better of rwt with a canberra recruit going down with an ankle could miss first month.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

spanked by 8 goals wat would u call a 20 goal flogging then ? griffith got the better of rwt with a canberra recruit going down with an ankle could miss first month.

How did Lance Swiftnall and Chris Collins get on? If Rand lost to Griffith it would have the lack of opportunities provided by the midfeild, as there isn't a defence strong enough in Australia to contain those two.

I had heard that Walla gave Dederang a touch up, which is promising signs for them.

NOP, did you hear how Jindera faired against Rutherglen? More importantly, I'm more interested in how The Mick Galvin played. Also I have heard on the grapevine that after Jindera's intraclub match, Josh Walker made all the players pay money to the club? Is it true that he insisted that they pay Alex Takle for the flawless display of football that he showed, and stated that they wouldn't see a more clinical lesson at AFL level. It is has been said that not only did he blanketed the 'Kenyan' Dewar and 'Harry Potter' Boyle. Can you confirm or deny this?

How did Lance Swiftnall and Chris Collins get on? If Rand lost to Griffith it would have the lack of opportunities provided by the midfeild, as there isn't a defence strong enough in Australia to contain those two.

I had heard that Walla gave Dederang a touch up, which is promising signs for them.

NOP, did you hear how Jindera faired against Rutherglen? More importantly, I'm more interested in how The Mick Galvin played. Also I have heard on the grapevine that after Jindera's intraclub match, Josh Walker made all the players pay money to the club? Is it true that he insisted that they pay Alex Takle for the flawless display of football that he showed, and stated that they wouldn't see a more clinical lesson at AFL level. It is has been said that not only did he blanketed the 'Kenyan' Dewar and 'Harry Potter' Boyle. Can you confirm or deny this?

Didnt hear much only that they won comfortably and that the team is as quick as ita been in a long time, which will happen when you get rid of a mid 30s plodder.
They were most excited about the form of Myors and Mcdiarmond

Has anyone got any info on Ashley Roberts who played at murry magpies
Interested to know who is asking? You have made one accurate post about our club, but then asking questions about someone that has been with the club for 4-5 years. Clearly someone new, which narrows it down quite a bit.

Here's a tip, come and ask either myself or Pearcey tomorrow night at training, or ask Ash directly.

Rand/Walb's forward line aspirations may be up in the air a bit. Chris Collins and Will Heriot have become 'friends' on social media and the word is that Wakool is back in the running for the services of not only Heriot, J. Jones and A Mackinlay but also the powerful forward duo of Chris Collins and Lance Swiftnall. This would be huge for the Golden Rivers' club, but even bigger for R/W considering they potentially could lose their two biggest weapons! This would be a huge blow especially after Josh Warren-Marmo has gone to Raiders as well. I could only imagine what Wakool's budget would be with these 5 blokes.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Henty shape up. I hear they have had a few blokes from Canberra approach them to play, which is a good sign that the club is healthy. One thing they will struggle with is the loss of Paddy Murray. Losing Jason Brown, Ryan Hon and Sam Murray will be tough to replace, although it seems they may have adequately done that, but losing P Murray down to Melbourne is massive. Not only his fearless style of playing or his exceptionally impressive mobility and skills, but his stature around the club. He has proclaimed himself to be heart and soul of both the Football and Netball clubs. He has said he will try to get back to one of the home games during the season and possibly speak at one of their club functions, for a small fee of course.

Shannon Gilson will play at the Murray Magpies, fair replacement for Brad Horn as another experienced player.

Tips for round one
Osborne by 32 points over BB
Henty by 13 points over Jindera
RW over magpies by 38
Howlong to smash Cul by 120
CDHBU to beat Walla by 56
Crows to upset Lockhart 8

osborne 20points
magpies 35points
henty 10points
howlong easy 15 plus goals
cdhbu 80points
crows 11 points

Correct me if I'm wrong guys but was Sedgwick and McCudden named in the early game for B/B?! Does anyone have information why? Tips for this week

Osborne 14points
Magpies 21points
Jindera 3points
Howlong 75points
CDHBU 66points
Lockhart 20points

bit of cat n mouse i would say they will both play 1s unless they havent been meeting schilgys training requirements expect a clinic if they play 2s

Correct me if I'm wrong guys but was Sedgwick and McCudden named in the early game for B/B?! Does anyone have information why? Tips for this week

Osborne 14points
Magpies 21points
Jindera 3points
Howlong 75points
CDHBU 66points
Lockhart 20points

Cats by 35 points
Magpies by 28 points
Henty by 50 points
Howlong by over 100points
CDHBU by 60 points
Crows by 21 points

And from what I've been told McCudden and Sedgwick are in the ressies as both have had a limited pre season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hume League 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back