Hume League 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Cats by 35 points
Magpies by 28 points
Henty by 50 points
Howlong by over 100points
CDHBU by 60 points
Crows by 21 points

And from what I've been told McCudden and Sedgwick are in the ressies as both have had a limited pre season.
McCudden was leaving and going to Wodonga Saints. He played at least one practice match for them. Possibly why he is in the early game

Playing in the twos for Brock Burrum seems like an easier gig than running out for Wodonga Saints after they lost by 157 points yesterday to one of last years weaker sides.

Tips for round one
Osborne by 32 points over BB
Henty by 13 points over Jindera
RW over magpies by 38
Howlong to smash Cul by 120
CDHBU to beat Walla by 56
Crows to upset Lockhart 8

How wrong was I, only got two tips correct and that was Howlong an CDHBU which any monkey would of picked, makes for a very interesting season.

McCudden was leaving and going to Wodonga Saints. He played at least one practice match for them. Possibly why he is in the early game

As I said limited preseason at the club. In all fairness he probably hardly trained at the wodonga saints as well!

Some raising of eyebrows after the weekend's results, none more so than Cul knocking off Lockhart. Walla would have got over the line if it wasn't for the heroics of Joshua Jones. He worked tirelessly through the midfield and capped off his first game as captain with best on ground honours, and if both coaches don't give him 10 votes in the WAW award, they need to be hung up to dry! This fella they refer to as 'Jock', 'Superman', 'Horse', 'Anaconda' or 'Garden Hose' is young, strong, fast and is put together better than a '68 Chev. He sets a brilliant example at training by ticking every box, including when kicking for goals, practicing his celebrations and his strut back to the middle. He is known throughout the club as a genuine leader, as he is always up the front of the group, the first to training and the first to get his gear off! He can kick on both feet, play inside or out, and has more screamers in his repertoire than a 1 Direction concert. He is envied by all, including Dan Bilzarian. On top of all his success and ability, he is still exceptionally caring and humble to his thousands of fans. It can be witnessed each Saturday as he constantly has to look after teammates such as Mackinlay and Heriot each time there is a scuffle. Although it has been rumoured that 'Garden Hose' has ripped his own guernsey in a blue just so he can show off his chest and abs. Fremantle have been touted as the club that could have his services next season. This would make him and Adam Butler to two best players from the Albury region to play at Freo, by a country mile!

Last edited:
All Wodonga saints seconds players. Surely they need to target some fringe o and m players and try get higher profile coach to get them off bottom of ladder instead of spending shitload on Tallangatta league seconds . Waste of $$$ and getting nowhere

If I'm not mistaken the best 5 players for Walla today according to the stats were all from Wodonga Saints. Well done to the guys from Saints who took a punt on a side sitting on the bottom of the ladder in the Hume League. After coming from a struggling club themselves it would have been easy to go to a strong side. Hope you are enjoying the wins so far.

If I'm not mistaken the best 5 players for Walla today according to the stats were all from Wodonga Saints. Well done to the guys from Saints who took a punt on a side sitting on the bottom of the ladder in the Hume League. After coming from a struggling club themselves it would have been easy to go to a strong side. Hope you are enjoying the wins so far.

Good couple of wins for walla recently but lets face it the wins have been against ordinary opposition as I saw yesterday. Hopefully they can continue to improve but the big test of these players will be when they face quality opposition like Burrum , Howlong and henty and see how they stand up. At least they will avoid wooden spoon now.

Henty may be just starting to find last years form after a good win against Howlong. Taken a few rounds but maybe starting to gel

Interesting ladder with maggots doggies and power setting the pace. I will admit im pleasantly surprised at the doggies start. I thought they'd be ok but didn't expect them to be sitting where they are. With a few more winnable games to come over the next few weeks.

[QlikUOTE="Angry Mal, post: 38536999, member: 81003"]Best Ground - Brocklesby - especially in the wet. (Yes I am biased)
Best changerooms and facilities - Cul.
Never been a fan of Rand's ground.[/QUOTE]
I like Oaklands and Osborne's change rooms, timber floors, not so cold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very disappointing interleague result, I think the coach is right , they need some of those experienced
Players in the team. Look at the players who didnt play .Anybody got any players who should have been
Walk up starts.

Brocks a shit hole. Jindera cul and henty have best facilities. Osborne and coreen probably best surface

Brocks ground or their changerooms? I think the playing surface at Brock is within the top 3 in the league, it's just unfortunate that the playing surface in Burrum is probably in the bottom 2!

Surely their are better things to talk about than the best and worst changeroom , to change the thread
To the football , are Magpies the real deal or will they choke at the pointy end of the season , are CDHBU a
One man outfit, whats happened to Rand this year are the travellers the issue , is Henty about to take the
Comp by the throat , any views on these issues

Surely their are better things to talk about than the best and worst changeroom , to change the thread
To the football , are Magpies the real deal or will they choke at the pointy end of the season , are CDHBU a
One man outfit, whats happened to Rand this year are the travellers the issue , is Henty about to take the
Comp by the throat , any views on these issues

I watched Magpies on Saturday & they sure do look the real deal.
Coreen seem to play well on wet tracks but on a warmer day later in the year fitness might be an issue.
Henty seems to building towards the pointy end of the season.
Thoughts on Jindera?
How many games will Nick Stevens play for Crows?

I watched Magpies on Saturday & they sure do look the real deal.
Coreen seem to play well on wet tracks but on a warmer day later in the year fitness might be an issue.
Henty seems to building towards the pointy end of the season.
Thoughts on Jindera?
How many games will Nick Stevens play for Crows?

Ask the journalist who writes for the bmm Jindera are only flat track bullies and pretenders. Apparently form against Henty CDHBU and lockhart away dont seem to count. Hard to get a read on the season. Hard to tell with Maggots getting the armchair ride with the draw. You have a decent year recruiting following a life time of crap and you get an arm chair ride into the top 2 and double chance. Has happened every year since the top 6 and seeded draw were brought in. Maybe a top 5 or a random draw would be a better option

Ask the journalist who writes for the bmm Jindera are only flat track bullies and pretenders. Apparently form against Henty CDHBU and lockhart away dont seem to count. Hard to get a read on the season. Hard to tell with Maggots getting the armchair ride with the draw. You have a decent year recruiting following a life time of crap and you get an arm chair ride into the top 2 and double chance. Has happened every year since the top 6 and seeded draw were brought in. Maybe a top 5 or a random draw would be a better option

Geez Box, I hope for our sake Jindera don't drop another game for the year as it really gets you tighty whiteys in a knot!! Seeded draw Finds sides out at the end of the year. Brock Burrum finished top two under Eddy and got knocked out in straight sets, but the Magpies will have their chance to prove their worth in the coming weeks.

Geez Box, I hope for our sake Jindera don't drop another game for the year as it really gets you tighty whiteys in a knot!! Seeded draw Finds sides out at the end of the year. Brock Burrum finished top two under Eddy and got knocked out in straight sets, but the Magpies will have their chance to prove their worth in the coming weeks.

Na my comment was merely based on the ordinary reports written in the paper. Win or lose doesnt bother me. The anti jindera jargon does, as it would if it was any other club.

Na my comment was merely based on the ordinary reports written in the paper. Win or lose doesnt bother me. The anti jindera jargon does, as it would if it was any other club.

I actually agree Box, I am not a keen Jindera supporter but I have been watching how they have been travelling and been impressed at where they are at the moment. I fear the article was just an attempt at trying to be 'edgy' or 'provocative'. They have lost players of the ilk of McDonald, Weldon, Nott, Cassidy, Ash Murray, Bretty Garland and Jindera's favourite son in Wightman, not to mention their recruit in Toby Blissett going down with a knee with also Sam 'The Kenyan' Dewar going down with a broken peg. Obviously their pick ups have been handy enough, but surely it's the existing players that have lifted. Walker has kicked a plethora of goals, Jake Millar is obviously doing fairly well. The Mick Galvin has been swung up both ends of the ground and seemed to have done well and learnt from it. Young guys like 'Fingers' Middleton, 'Teddy Bear' Boyle and Julian Hayes is a good thing for the future of the club. It's good to see Lewy Childs being given a go after a strong season in the twos last year. Zaccy Stuart is the epitome of an underrated gun. If he doesn't win the club best and fairest, I will eat my hat! Lavington Cricket Club will be stoked to hear that he is thinking about playing there this upcoming cricket season, a great allround sportsman but more importantly, an even greater bloke. I wouldn't worry too much about the BMM Box, he may be still filthy that he stuck his neck out and called you guys for the Premiership last season.

Last edited:
I actually agree Box, I am not a keen Jindera supporter but I have been watching how they have been travelling and been impressed at where they are at the moment. I fear the article was just an attempt at trying to be 'edgy' or 'provocative'. They have lost players of the ilk of McDonald, Weldon, Nott, Cassidy, Ash Murray, Bretty Garland and Jindera's favourite son in Wightman, not to mention their recruit in Toby Blissett going down with a knee with also Sam 'The Kenyan' Dewar going down with a broken peg. Obviously their pick ups have been handy enough, but surely it's the existing players that have lifted. Walker has kicked a plethora of goals, Jake Millar is obviously doing fairly well. The Mick Galvin has been swung up both ends of the ground and seemed to have done well and learnt from it. Young guys like 'Fingers' Middleton, 'Teddy Bear' Boyle and Julian Hayes is a good thing for the future of the club. It's good to see Lewy Childs being given a go after a strong season in the twos last year. Zaccy Stuart is the epitome of an underrated gun. If he doesn't win the club best and fairest, I will eat my hat! Lavington Cricket Club will be stoked to hear that he is thinking about playing there this upcoming cricket season, a great allround sportsman but more importantly, an even greater bloke. I wouldn't worry too much about the BMM Box, he may be still filthy that he stuck his neck out and called you guys for the Premiership last season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hume League 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back