• Hurley and Heppell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shuey and Darling

• Can't split 'em

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There's been th Shuey vs Hurley thread, and the Heppell vs Darling thread, and both say "Quality tall>Quality small". So I just decided to put in the "combo" thread to see which combo is better. I'm biased, but I'd take Hurley and Heppell. Shuey and Darling are guns though.

If i was picking them to start a team, Hurley>Darling>Shuey>Heppel.

Based on how they've performed this year,Shuey>Heppel>Hurley>Darling

The Essendon pair probably wins out because of Hurley but have been happy with what Darling showed in this finals series,especially the game vs Carlton.

If i was picking them to start a team, Hurley>Darling>Shuey>Heppel.

Based on how they've performed this year,Shuey>Heppel>Hurley>Darling

The Essendon pair probably wins out because of Hurley but have been happy with what Darling showed in this finals series,especially the game vs Carlton.

Same for me, my bias has me going with the Essendon pair. If selecting a team I'd pick the bolded above

3 out of the 4 posters who have selected Hurley and Heppell as a neutral are Essendon supporters.

You realise this is a public poll right?

Honestly I think many will go Hurley and Heppell for the Hurley factor. Really hyped atm and people love potential KP stars.

Interesting to note their respective picks. Pick 6 and 8 v pick 18 and 26. WC have done alright IMO.

I also would choose Darling and Shuey. Darlings best games this year were when he played a more focal role in the forward line, but he also has the versatility to play a defensive forward role and run through the midfield. Has shown nearly as much in his first season as a forward as Hurley in the first 3. Hurley has height on him though but Darling has speed and agility, could not pick one.

Shuey I think will be better than Heppell and is more of what WC need.

this is a joke right?
If you believe this rubbish put it to a poll.

Hurley when in defence take the best and is rarely beaten, when forward gets the best defender and has won games of his own boot, Hurley will be so much better than Darling it is not funny.
I meant to write as a forward.

And Hurley has won maybe 1 game for Essendonhat I can remember not completely off his own boot. Tone down the hyperbole or point all these games out that he won single handedly.

Hurley has "presence" and "potential" as a forward but hasn't done a huge amount.

Media hype makes you think Hurley will be so much better. He has kicked 4 goals 5 times in his 3 seasons, but has hardly been consistent with bags of 2-3 in his others. This as your number 1 forward target in the games he plays there.

I think he has great potential no doubt but Darling has also shown in his first season shown exception ability and similar potential as a forward. Was the difference between us and Carlton in a final. His best other 2 games have been when he played a more focal role.

Just needed to see him as a junior or even in the pre-season to see his potential as a forward. Against Fremantle at Freo oval kicked 4 iirc and had another 4-5 shots on goal on a terribly blustery day.

All indications point to absolute gun but your Essendon bias is showing when you say stuff like "will be so much better than Darling it will not be funny".

Interesting to note their respective picks. Pick 6 and 8 v pick 18 and 26. WC have done alright IMO.

Relevant point, very good point actually. These guys were our first 2 picks, and you guys have 2 players who are clearly nearly equal/better than our 2, and haven't had to use a first pick to do it. Add in Natinui and Gaff and our two second round picks, Zaharakis and Steinberg, and this poll is fairly one-sided. Having said that, in answering this poll, I will take our 2, and it is because of Hurley that i'll take our two.

Is anyone else getting sick of West Coast vs Essendon polls though?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eh?

Hurley's been fantastic this year.

Better than Heppell IMO.

In fact he's been the best of the lot for mine.

Not really, on potential he's number one by a fair margain but he's hardly out performed Shuey and Heppell this year.

Why another Ess West Coast thread seriously. They're pointless, ecspecially when Shuey and Heppell are involved their is no way we can or will agree. So lets do something different.

Kerr vs Watson

Essendon almost purely because of Hurley. Don't think there is much in it at all, and add in pick differential makes me a bit more chuffed about the pair.

Honestly think out of the young talent accumulated between the two clubs, Heppell would be around the bottom of the list in regards to who I would want at WC

Hurley
Shuey
Gaff
Zaka
Darling~Melksham (I'm a fan)
Heppell
Crameri

Naita don't really see as worth adding just because his role is so clearly defined, even if he still has similar upside to the above players.

Hurley finished 3rd in our B&F, Heppell 6th.

Surprised, what with all the talk that he was going to win it all year. 6th is a fair way down for the pretty decent season he had.

Most agree Hurley is the better player of the 4 listed. It may still take him a season or 2 to truly break out. Can't wait to see it. Huge player with huge presence.

Surprised, what with all the talk that he was going to win it all year. 6th is a fair way down for the pretty decent season he had.
All that talk was really only coming from the media, who have shown their complete lack of knowledge on our side in recent years.

Most on our board haven't considered him a chance for a fair while.

FWIW those results are only our board's; the actual club's B&F is on Friday.

Stanton won ours.

Surprising, I wouldn't have picked Stanton as your best over the season. You would know better than I would.

As for my view on the thread poll, Hurley > Darling. This is no disrespect to Darling, but Michael Hurley is the most promising KPP in the AFL. He will be something very special.
Shuey > Heppell. Once again, no disrespect to Heppell who had a fantastic year but Shuey for me is the more complete midfielder. However, Heppell only being in his first year has a long way to go before he's peaked so things could change.

Surprising, I wouldn't have picked Stanton as your best over the season. You would know better than I would.

As for my view on the thread poll, Hurley > Darling. This is no disrespect to Darling, but Michael Hurley is the most promising KPP in the AFL. He will be something very special.
Shuey > Heppell. Once again, no disrespect to Heppell who had a fantastic year but Shuey for me is the more complete midfielder. However, Heppell only being in his first year has a long way to go before he's peaked so things could change.
No-one really put together a season.
Heppell was our best in that down patch that we had mid-year.
First 7-8 weeks and last 7-8 weeks he was about 5 back.
Middle of the year Watson & Hocking were out & Stanton/Hurley/Ryder down on form.
Stanton was in the best couple over the start & end of the year... and his best form was well above Heppell's. (Our most under-rated player IMHO, along with Ryder had huge influence getting us into finals)
Zaha built & built as the year went on; finished pretty strongly but didn't have a heap of influence early on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hurley and Heppell vs Shuey and Darling

Back