Remove this Banner Ad

May 20, 2001
Kufa, Iraq
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Banhammer Big House Under 70s
Who is hurtin the most ?

1. Mick Malthouse because the Pies got the wobbles again in a granny that was nearly in the bag

2. Mark Williams because the Power would probably have won the flag had it got past Collingwood at AAMI

3. Neale Daniher because his team let the Crows off the hook when they had 'em on toast

4. Gary Ayres because he's still yet to chalk up a flag as a coach, after having his chances

footnote: There were a lot of bigfooty posters opposed to Ayres when he landed at the Crows. Are you still out there?

Why would any of them be hurting?Right now they would all be focusing in the year ahead.What happened last year is history so i fail to see your point

Malthouse would be the one under most pressure because the collingwood fans expect nothing less than a flag, yet most unbiased experts only rate the team as a mid-table finalist (4rd-7th).

Mark Williams is safe for a while. The win against Essendon saved his bacon in last years finals. All he needs is a finals berth anywhere and he's ok.

Neale Daniher is also safe. Any finals birth is an exceptable result, which they should achieve.

Gary Ayres is safe. He can blame the "carey" factor if the team doesnt gell, and claim his coaching ability if carey brings a flag.

Originally posted by topjars
Who is hurtin the most ?

1. Mick Malthouse because the Pies got the wobbles again in a granny that was nearly in the bag

2. Mark Williams because the Power would probably have won the flag had it got past Collingwood at AAMI

3. Neale Daniher because his team let the Crows off the hook when they had 'em on toast

4. Gary Ayres because he's still yet to chalk up a flag as a coach, after having his chances

footnote: There were a lot of bigfooty posters opposed to Ayres when he landed at the Crows. Are you still out there?

Going by the posts so far...either nobody gives a rats or somehow it has something to do with collingwood...yep....just as it always has been...it always will be.

Mark Willliams.

the choking keeps happening and the dude cant do anything about it. i wish him luck tho, keep trying mark.
he's halfway to dominance but can't finish it off.

There were a lot of bigfooty posters opposed to Ayres when he landed at the Crows. Are you still out there?[/I]

"At the end of the day", I'm very happy that such an angry, cliche-driven "I didn't do it guy" is in charge of "improving this group", making sure they remain also-rans.

I haven't seen a coach react like MM after losing a GF before. Not even from MM himslef. The players and coach and the whole reacted exactly as I would wish them to. The whole club was devastated at losing, proud of their effot and determined to continue their rapid improvement and win it next year. I don't care about the pain of the rest. Ours burns and so does our determination. Coupled with plenty of smarts, I am very, very happy with things right now. A better list accross the board, more valuable experiance and a stinging tail. MM is hurting the most but he has the best bandaids.

Re: Re: Hurting Coach

Originally posted by Eddie Woloschek
"At the end of the day", I'm very happy that such an angry, cliche-driven "I didn't do it guy" is in charge of "improving this group", making sure they remain also-rans.

Thanks for your decisive analysis Eddie Fulo****. Ayres started slowly, but has continually moved the club upwards and will continue to do so. I am extremely happy that he has re-signed as coach and that he'll be around to continue to make people such as you eat their words. Most journos and opposition supporters had the Crows either scaping into the eight and some had us as low as 14th last year. Not a bad return from a bunch of also rans I would have thought. Don't let reality creep into your assesments though, as this would deprive us of another village idiot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by MarkT
I haven't seen a coach react like MM after losing a GF before. Not even from MM himslef. The players and coach and the whole reacted exactly as I would wish them to. The whole club was devastated at losing, proud of their effot and determined to continue their rapid improvement and win it next year. I don't care about the pain of the rest. Ours burns and so does our determination. Coupled with plenty of smarts, I am very, very happy with things right now. A better list accross the board, more valuable experiance and a stinging tail. MM is hurting the most but he has the best bandaids.

It was all showmanship and you know it. Eddie has taught him well. :D

Originally posted by RIPPER_46
Mark Williams.

Screwed by the M.C.G. contract.
concentrated too much on round 22 and the team were very flat agaist the pie's the next week.
How was he screwed by the MCG contract? They played at home and lost. They still got to play at home again after that. Then they played the winner of the prior week away. All sounds pfretty fair to me.

If the was no MCG contract the Rd 22 game would not have had so much riding on it. Certainly if Collingwood and Carton f (for example) had finished 1 & 2 and played for top spot in Rd 22, there would not have been a home fPreliminary Final resting on the result.

I believe (and I dont particularly like the PAP's that they wre carried away by the hype of Rd 22, Won top spot and by the time they woke up that Collingwood were a threat it was too late.

I just cant believe that Pie's supporters cannot acknowlege that they were indeed extremly fortunate.

Originally posted by MarkT
How was he screwed by the MCG contract? They played at home and lost. They still got to play at home again after that. Then they played the winner of the prior week away. All sounds pfretty fair to me.

If the MCG contract issue wasn't there the club didn't have to win the last game of the season to ensure home finals.

Call it what you will but if Port had met Brisbane in the GF my money would have been on them

Possibly as if we had won the game against Collingwood it would have meant a weeks break that a few players needed.........I believe it was the Round 22 game that was our biggest killer.

Originally posted by ok.crows
Another coach (of the candidates listed) was even more screwed by the MCG contract than Williams. Why not opt for that coach?

Good Point. probably more so, but if port hadof got up inthe first place. Adelaide probably would have got their (Ripped off)
home final.

In retrospect The MCG contract probably had more to do with the pies fmaking the grand final than most PPL recongise

Remove this Banner Ad

Hurting Coach

Back