i am a saints supporter and...

Remove this Banner Ad

The Fireman said:
This is one I would like to win, I will never forget the unsportsmanlike attitude of the Crows team and Supporters after our defeat in the 97 GF.

We owe them big time Fireman. I have been waiting for 8 years for the return match. So have Banger, Aussie, Frankie and Max. ;)

I think both games are actually the best choices.

Just from reading this thread there is a bit of hate around for Adelaides GF win from saints supporters obviously. There is also a bit of recent history between the swans and eagles - starting with last years final. And also with Perth getting the friday night game - its a channel 10 dream - they get to show it live into primetime all over the country in the traditional timeslot for friday night footy. With sydney involved it will rate thru the roof.

Just a quick opinion on the Roo incident.

Yes his arm & elbow was tucked in, but the problem is he left the ground to make the bump which changed the point of contact.

IMHO if he remained on the ground at the point of impact, he would have collected Selwood on the shoulder and would have had no case to answer.

Unfortunately for Roo as soon as you leaves the ground even if he has his arm and elbow tucked in he is destined to make higher contact and therefore the match review panel will deem the incident to warrant weeks.

It is a shame for a player of his ability to miss out on finals but players have been told and must learn to remain on the ground to avoid high contact when bumping.

DST

bangko-bangko said:
Yes very aware dude, I am much happier the Saints are playing Adelaide than Westcoast. Mostly due to the travel factor and that the saints don't seem to play well at Subi, where we tend to get the run around.

The Saints don't seem to play well anywhere away from home. Have you not looked at your shocking away record? I would have thought you would rather play the Eagles seeing as we are on a high and they are probably the lowest they have been all season.

What should be taken into consideration is that Adelaide has won 11 in a row...I think they needed to lose one prior to the final series in order "to get their feet back on the ground".

I have a feeling Adelaide will be out in straight sets. Even more so now that their captain will be rubbed out for at least two matches.

Roo's untimely and undisciplined act is the beginning of the end for the 2005 Crows.

GO SAINTS! :D

the head has been sacred all year and all hip and shoulders to the head have been reported and penalised. There has been far more accidental hits that have recieved susspentions.

Very foolish work from a captain

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Fireman said:
The players sang our club song replacing Saints with Crows, how humble.
So did your fellow crow fans after the final siren, not happy enough with the cup , very poor form and unsportsmanlike.

Oh, diddums? How ever did you survive that? I wholeheartedly and grovellingly apologise on behalf of all AFC players, staff and supporters.*

* No I don't, that was a blatant lie.

Grrrrr said:
What should be taken into consideration is that Adelaide has won 11 in a row...I think they needed to lose one prior to the final series in order "to get their feet back on the ground".

I have a feeling Adelaide will be out in straight sets. Even more so now that their captain will be rubbed out for at least two matches.

Roo's untimely and undisciplined act is the beginning of the end for the 2005 Crows.

GO SAINTS! :D

Don't become the like the WCE fans on here..

The Fireman said:
This is one I would like to win, I will never forget the unsportsmanlike attitude of the Crows team and Supporters after our defeat in the 97 GF.

I will never forget the club song.

"We're the pride of Souf Austraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalia we're the midy adlaid crows." ad nauseum :(

Remove this Banner Ad

i am a saints supporter and...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back