I don't want Judd at essendon.....

Remove this Banner Ad

akingofkong

Rookie
Sep 1, 2007
australia
There is no way I want the ex-eagle at bomberland, It seems there are some essendon supporters who feel that we should get rid of gumbleton- no matter what.

Well I hope we don't get Judd, then it will be a big Loss for you.... as it would be if gumbleton, or ryder are traded.

There is no way I want the ex-eagle at bomberland, It seems there are some essendon supporters who feel that we should get rid of gumbleton- no matter what.

Well I hope we don't get Judd, then it will be a big Loss for you.... as it would be if gumbleton, or ryder are traded.

Where are those posts, i haven't noticed them?

Who do you follow? :confused:

We all want Judd, we just don't want to have to sell the clubs future for him. If we get him lets just hope we trade for another top 10 pick and do the deal like that.

Who do you follow? :confused:

Essendon, FFS, I am sick of argueing with other essendon supporters and non- essendon supporters about gumbleton, ryder and the whole issue of getting judd - via trading one or both of them for him.

It is not worth the effort.... I don't want him in the red and black(judd), at all.

I agree with your sentiment...It would make me sick if we off loaded even just Ryder or Gumby...Those two players are our future KPP's and if we take them away we actually don't have a lot of good young KPP coming through

Whilst Judd would be awesome for Essendon, if the deal means we have to give up too much I hope it does not go through.

Essendon, FFS, I am sick of argueing with other essendon supporters and non- essendon supporters about gumbleton, ryder and the whole issue of getting judd - via trading one or both of them for him.

It is not worth the effort.... I don't want him in the red and black(judd), at all.

That is fine and you are entitled to your opinion.

Guess what, so is everyone else on here.

You are only quite new here but you need to realize that not everyone is going to agree with you.

That's what these forums are all about.

People with the same love, Essendon, arguing back and forth about what THEY believe to be the best thing for Essendon.

You started this thread, and that's great, you are expressing your views just like everyone else.

I honestly wasn't that impressed with Gumbleton from what I saw of him. Would be more than happy to unload him if it got us Chris Judd, especially if he is homesick as is rumoured.

I would not like to see a deal with pick 6+Gumby/Ryder and a 6 or so million dollar contract (for 5 years) go through due to:
  1. The loss of the talent potentially severely weakening our future spine
  2. Judds injury cloud
  3. Loss of more talent due to the salary cap in a few years.

I honestly wasn't that impressed with Gumbleton from what I saw of him. Would be more than happy to unload him if it got us Chris Judd, especially if he is homesick as is rumoured.

did you watch the freo and carlton games? the guy has got serious talent, bucket hands, great kick all he needs is a little more intensity and some bulk.

the kid didn't have a pre-season, had a 6 week lay off mid-season due to a hammy and still preformed solidly in 3 of the 4 (or 5) games he played. he's going to be a star no question about that

I would not like to see a deal with pick 6+Gumby/Ryder and a 6 or so million dollar contract (for 5 years) go through due to:
  1. The loss of the talent potentially severely weakening our future spine
  2. Judds injury cloud
  3. Loss of more talent due to the salary cap in a few years.

I think we have a surplus of tall players. As Sheeds said before he left, we would be wise to trade one for a midfielder. Judd's injury will keep him out for a chunk of the preseason but the prognosis is for a full recovery. And I wouldn't worry about the salary cap, we have always managed to find ways around that. :)

yeah i felt the same way abour ryder last year, because he looked dis-interested but after a full pre-season he showed his tru ability. dont forget gumby had a few injuries and it can take a few yaesr for kpp to develop, barry hall and tredrea are/were great examples of this. so i dont know about gumby would like to see what he is like after a pre-season sadly this might not occur.

im not into trading gumby as part of the judd deal.
but i do want judd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we have a surplus of tall players. As Sheeds said before he left, we would be wise to trade one for a midfielder. Judd's injury will keep him out for a chunk of the preseason but the prognosis is for a full recovery. And I wouldn't worry about the salary cap, we have always managed to find ways around that. :)

and we havnt always found ways arond the salary cap, we lost draft picks in 2000-01 and we also had to dish off some players e.g hardwick, blumfield, caracella, heffernan because of it, hopefully we have learnt

i think some people are thinking we are trading draft pick 6, ryder and gumbleton which is ludicrous

Swervyn Mervyn, surely writing Gumby off because he didn't dominate in his first season is a ban-able offence, at least a yellow card :eek: :p

Gotta say that I wasn't overly impressed with what I saw of Gumby as well. With all the hype I was expecting a super fit, long kicking, screamer taking version of KB or something. From what I saw he is workman like without any real flair at all. Given it is early days but compared to say Houli who showed glimpses of real talent, I was a tad disappointed. If we trade him for Judd I would be happy, who knows, he may want to go back to WA in a few years anyway.

Gotta say that I wasn't overly impressed with what I saw of Gumby as well. With all the hype I was expecting a super fit, long kicking, screamer taking version of KB or something. From what I saw he is workman like without any real flair at all. Given it is early days but compared to say Houli who showed glimpses of real talent, I was a tad disappointed. If we trade him for Judd I would be happy, who knows, he may want to go back to WA in a few years anyway.

If you expect a first year KPP do dominate like a Carey, well that says more about you

Gumby was pretty good for a first year player, Paddy has stepped up.
I don't think it would wise to get rid of either player, but Chris Judd is close to the best player in the competition.
I don't want to lose eithr Gumby or Ryder, but do we hang onto players and hope they become stars, hang onto draft picks and hope we strike gold or jump the gun and grab possibly the best player going around? And a player who plays in a possition we are very defficient in?
If we did lose Gumby, then theres a position for Kepler or Johns(and Neagle to a lesser extent at this point in time) to step into, and having Chris Judd delivering the ball to our forwards would make these blokes more dangerous than they were before.

Settle Lance Settle, no need to name call.

I'm just saying for all the hype I was expecting someone a little more "exciting". I realize he probably won't dominate for atleast 2 to 3 seasons, but his work so far has been hohum and predictable. As I said, someone like Jetta or Houli show us what we can expect, they just need to to mature so they can do it more often. If Gumby becomes more consistent he will be consistently 'solid', hardly spectacular. Hope I am wrong.

I'm just saying for all the hype I was expecting someone a little more "exciting". I realize he probably won't dominate for atleast 2 to 3 seasons, but his work so far has been hohum and predictable. As I said, someone like Jetta or Houli show us what we can expect, they just need to to mature so they can do it more often. If Gumby becomes more consistent he will be consistently 'solid', hardly spectacular. Hope I am wrong.

Just leave him be, Lance. Some people just don't get it :rolleyes::eek:

Fair enough. Sorry, but in my opinion, it is stupidity to get caught up in the hype & expect someone like Gumbleton to dominate in their first year, especially when it's been injury restricted.

Personally, I can't believe you didn't find what you saw more "exciting". I'm gobsmacked.

The guy did quite a few nice things, kicked some good goals. Like, did you see him play? Did you see the size of him and the way he moves?

Just out of interest, how did Carey's first year go? Honestly, I don't know, but I'd be very interested.

Gumby has got all the tools to be a star. I really shouldn't have insulted you, but I think you are completely wrong

We shouldn't be trading Gumby. Sure he didn't set the world on fire this year, but we didn't draft him for this year - we drafted him for the future. On the basis that he didn't do great things in his first year we would have traded Hird, Lucas, Lloyd etc after their 1st years. I would love to get Judd - too suggest that it's not worth the hassle is ridiculous. We shouldn't trade away our future but lets not kid ourselves by saying we don't want Judd!

Lance, no problem mate ;)

Yes I remember that Carey took a number of years to become the player he was destined to be, and that is the norm for kpp's, until they get some body strength and confidence. But with Carey, he was a little bit like Federer. Always had the weapons, just couldn't put it together all a once. It just took time.

I'm just not sure that Gumby has the weapons. Yes he moves fairly well for a big bloke but his kicking is ok, marking ok, athleticism ok, which leads me to think he may be only ok. I'm happy to be wrong though. A lot of people rate him highly so maybe I', (and a few of my Essendon supporter mates), are missing something. What has he shown (other than being drafted at 2) that has you thinking he's our future?

As for Judd, I would probably be happy if we just leave him alone. Who knows what his groin is really like. Maybe he has actually played his most dynamic footy, and for what it may cost to secure him, that may threaten our future.

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't want Judd at essendon.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back