Society & Culture i hate smokers

Remove this Banner Ad

Ya win some ya lose some.

Like the chick last week who came across as the most sweetest girl I'd ever met then asked me if I was into being strangled.

On topic though, was in Melbourne recently and it's so much easier to be a smoker there than in Perth. Everyone seems to smoke and establishments are much more lax on smoking.

Good stuff.

But i am currently trying again. I'm reading a book called EASYWAY by Allen Carr, it's meant to be very successful as he takes away the mental side of being a smoker as opposed to (in his words) using the other methods.

Worked for me for about a day.

How can anyone compare smoking to junk food?

Junk food in moderation is not harmful at all.

Neither is smoking really. You'd be extremely unlucky to get cancer smoking five cigarettes a day.

Definitely.

As a smoker your doing something that will:
Leave you poorer
Reduce your life expectancy
Give you reduced fitness
Make your breath stink
Stain your teeth
Wreck your skin
Give you a choice of littering or spending time finding a bin on a regular basis
Face the regular choice of (at least temporarily) leaving to have a smoke or staying at a gathering in a public place

Given all of that, It's not why would anyone question the intelligence of smokers, but why would anyone not?

You come across like a real winner.

I'd love to be your mate, I think the good times would just keep rolling on.

:thumbsdown:

Most of my good mates don't smoke and they don't give a flying turd whether some of us smoke cigarettes, shoot heroin or like copping penis in their pooper.

Loosen up bro. Enjoy life.

I'm a smoker and I'm really conscious of it.

If I'm in a public place I always stand a good distance from people to avoid them getting blasted with smoke.

If I'm at a house with people who are all non-smokers, I'll go out the front and down the street a bit. I do this mostly at like, relatives houses who are quite straight or some friends we may visit who are non-smokers.

If I'm at a bar I always make sure I stand near other smokers to concentrate the area affected by smokers. If there's people sitting near me in a beer garden where you can smoke, I'll always ask them 'do you mind if I smoke', otherwise I'll go stand away from them.

The other night I was in a PACKED wine bar with a tiny outside courtyard and was sitting on a little wall when a young lady came and sat next to me. Place was so packed she was basically sitting on top of me. She asked if I could sit there and I said, yeah but I'm smoker so as long as you can put up with the smoke. She was a non smoker but was really appreciative that I had the courtesy to show concern.

We got talking and then made out for a bit. Exchanged numbers and then got really drunk and sent her some dumb messages about going down on her and never heard back.

:thumbsu:

All hail this man.

Definitely.

As a smoker your doing something that will:
Leave you poorer
Reduce your life expectancy
Give you reduced fitness
Make your breath stink
Stain your teeth
Wreck your skin
Give you a choice of littering or spending time finding a bin on a regular basis
Face the regular choice of (at least temporarily) leaving to have a smoke or staying at a gathering in a public place

Given all of that, It's not why would anyone question the intelligence of smokers, but why would anyone not?

einstein.jpg

I think the boy mebbe onto something . . .

Notsureifsrs.jpg
I don't know about 5 cigarettes a day, but anti-smoking propaganda does give people the impression that any amount of smoking is deadly. Ads use a lot of language like 'doubles the risk of x' and 'triples the risk of y' but neglect to mention that you are doubling or tripling a very small risk. Either that, or they are based on people who smoke large amounts of tobacco.

The perception in society is definitely that smoking (especially passive smoking) is vastly more dangerous than it actually is.

That's not to say that smoking is in any way good for you. Smoking large amounts daily is very probably going to kill you. I'm a non-smoker and I'd strongly discourage anyone from taking it up.

I've got a nice graph hidden away somewhere that illustrates the effects quite nicely. It's focussed on lung function over the course of someone's life and is pretty confronting for social smokers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those graphs usually define 'regular smoker' as someone who consumes a fair bit of tobacco (again, for maximum anti-smoking impact). Although if you have one that has different curves depending on consumption levels, that would be cool to see.

I do indeed, I'll look for it after my exams are over.
The last study I saw found that regular smokers reduced their expected life by 3-4 years, or about the same as someone who is 5kgs overweight. That is, bugger all.

Given the proportion of the population who fall into the second category (or worse) compared to the first, it does make the anti-smoking propaganda look a little ridiculous. The literature makes smoking seem to be far more dangerous a habit.

See, I understand where people are coming from.

But seriously, humans have been smoking shit and taking drugs to dance since the extent of our vocab was ooga booga.

No whingeing or throwing around stats and graphs is going to change the fact that people are always going to indulge in forbidden fruit.

If you read my post above you'll find that I'm completely respectful of peoples choices not to smoke, which is where things have changed compared to in the past where you just had to put up with it.

However, I also expect people to respect my decision to smoke and drink or whatever as much as I respect their's not too.

I like pussy, alcohol and smoking cigarettes.

I don't give a toss what other people may or may not be into, and I respect that.

I have plenty of money

I don't care that I can no longer run the 100 meter dash in 12 seconds as I used to be able too.

My skin is fine and I still pull filthy hot woman. And when the day comes I can't because I look like Freddy Kruger, and I have to put up with some filthy haggered woman, who cares. As long as she's cool and kinky, I'll stab anything with a heart beat. It's all warm and moist at the end of the day.

Why the hell do you want to live for 350 years anyway? Sure, I'll probably die a horrible death of liver failure and lung cancer. Yet, you'll be having your arse wiped by someone who doesn't give a flying shit about you and staring at the wall for ten hours a day until someone wheels you off and into bed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture i hate smokers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back