I think it's time to put my September holiday plan on hold..

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry, I must be the only person here that owns a computer capable of showing question marks on the screen.

I made a similar thread 2 weeks ago and copped the same response. Although I wasn't even suggesting we will make finals in mine....

I reckon the people who can't handle reading about finals should have a cup of concrete. We aren't the players, we're allowed to get a bit hopeful and talk about 'what-ifs'. And the reality is, according to pretty much every footy fan and the bookies, we are more likely than not to play finals this year.

I was originally going to post in here, thinking it was another supporter counting the chicks before they hatch, and I was right, so here;

Yes, we're not the laughing stock of the league (Cheers Melbourne), but we Richmond still have a LONG way to go. Consistency, for starters. "Two Wins!", well done, some Under 9's team did that over the past fortnight.

Yes we won yesterday against Adelaide, but we still have 2 more of these 'should win' games (Bulldogs and Saints). Not saying that Richmond will choke, but these are not matches that shouldn't be taken as 'should win games'. They are games that should be viewed and approached as 'must win' games.

For those that are thinking "Hold on Apple iCup, why didn't you mention the Gold Coast game?". We are the only team in the league, that have failed to defeat the Suns in their short period of existence. For the third (and hopefully the last...if my memory serves correctly regarding the contract) season in a row, we're playing in Cairns, where we have had no luck. On top of these two topics, the Suns are up-and-about (despite their lose to Essendon last night).

Not that I ride Richmond off from the Gold Coast Suns match. We supporters have suffered long enough (some longer than others), I just think we need to take a breath, relax and let this season play itself out. We've had a slight improvement thus far, holding on in the clutch (excluding the Fremantle match) and if you want to include the last two matches, have won against teams, we regard as on-par-to-lower than us. Richmond needs to keep showing why they are/will be further above the ladder than others and not drop the ball. Before the Sydney game we can have a better assessment of our beloved club.

Sorry if it comes as a doubt, I'm just sick of getting ahead of myself...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was originally going to post in here, thinking it was another supporter counting the chicks before they hatch, and I was right, so here;

Yes, we're not the laughing stock of the league (Cheers Melbourne), but we Richmond still have a LONG way to go. Consistency, for starters. "Two Wins!", well done, some Under 9's team did that over the past fortnight.

Yes we won yesterday against Adelaide, but we still have 2 more of these 'should win' games (Bulldogs and Saints). Not saying that Richmond will choke, but these are not matches that shouldn't be taken as 'should win games'. They are games that should be viewed and approached as 'must win' games.

For those that are thinking "Hold on Apple iCup, why didn't you mention the Gold Coast game?". We are the only team in the league, that have failed to defeat the Suns in their short period of existence. For the third (and hopefully the last...if my memory serves correctly regarding the contract) season in a row, we're playing in Cairns, where we have had no luck. On top of these two topics, the Suns are up-and-about (despite their lose to Essendon last night).

Not that I ride Richmond off from the Gold Coast Suns match. We supporters have suffered long enough (some longer than others), I just think we need to take a breath, relax and let this season play itself out. We've had a slight improvement thus far, holding on in the clutch (excluding the Fremantle match) and if you want to include the last two matches, have won against teams, we regard as on-par-to-lower than us. Richmond needs to keep showing why they are/will be further above the ladder than others and not drop the ball. Before the Sydney game we can have a better assessment of our beloved club.

Sorry if it comes as a doubt, I'm just sick of getting ahead of myself...
Solid stuff.

KEEP THE LID SHUT!!!

j-600x400-600x400.jpg

Not even close yet. Even if we go 5/5 that's only 12 wins.

Think 1998 or any season we finished 9th
This.

in 2000 i think we were something like 9-4 and only won another 2 games, finishing (yep) 9th. I'll call finals the day we have 14 wins against our name.

Too early to call for sure but we should get there from here, but history tells me that anything can happen.

So with that in mind I'll look at our opposition instead.

I believe 13 wins will get you in the 8 this year. With Pies, Carlton, West Coast and possibly us to fight for the last 3 spots.
The talk of 14 wins to make it is not right, not this year. Whoever gets 8th may have 14 wins but if they had 13 wins they would be in.

To get to 14 wins:

North would need to win - 10 out of 11
Adelaide would need to win - 9 out of 10 (plays WC twice, Pies, Cats, Freo, Kangas)
West Coast would need to win - 8 of 11 (plays Hawks, Bombers twice, Dockers, Swans, Cats, Pies, Crows)
Carlton would need to win - 8 out of 10 (plays Swans, Pies, Kangas, Dockers, Tigers, Bombers)

I could only see Carlton getting to 13 wins at the very most most with some upsets, West Coast 12 wins, Adelaide 11 at the very best, North 11 at best

If West Coast don't make it, this year is quite possibly a year where finishing 5th or 8th matters very little as it will be played in Melbourne.

If West Coast don't make it, this year is quite possibly a year where finishing 5th or 8th matters very little as it will be played in Melbourne.
Imagine if we had a finals spot sewn up by rnd 23[We should if we are fair dinkum about it]against the Bombers,now according to Crawf he reckons we,ll play Ess in the elim final.Didn't we play Ess in our last Finals campaign with the exact same senerio as Crawfs?We beat the Bombers in the last round but smashed us in the Final?

Too early to call for sure but we should get there from here, but history tells me that anything can happen.

So with that in mind I'll look at our opposition instead.

I believe 13 wins will get you in the 8 this year. With Pies, Carlton, West Coast and possibly us to fight for the last 3 spots.
The talk of 14 wins to make it is not right, not this year. Whoever gets 8th may have 14 wins but if they had 13 wins they would be in.

To get to 14 wins:

North would need to win - 10 out of 11
Adelaide would need to win - 9 out of 10 (plays WC twice, Pies, Cats, Freo, Kangas)
West Coast would need to win - 8 of 11 (plays Hawks, Bombers twice, Dockers, Swans, Cats, Pies, Crows)
Carlton would need to win - 8 out of 10 (plays Swans, Pies, Kangas, Dockers, Tigers, Bombers)

I could only see Carlton getting to 13 wins at the very most most with some upsets, West Coast 12 wins, Adelaide 11 at the very best, North 11 at best

i agree with this, yes 13 isnt a very convincing number but in terms of what our 8th spot competition is, it could be enough. havnt looked at their draw but are Gold Coast worth adding to the list with WCE, Crows and Norf?

Imagine if we had a finals spot sewn up by rnd 23[We should if we are fair dinkum about it]against the Bombers,now according to Crawf he reckons we,ll play Ess in the elim final.Didn't we play Ess in our last Finals campaign with the exact same senerio as Crawfs?We beat the Bombers in the last round but smashed us in the Final?

Didn't essendon tank against us in round 22 that year because they wanted to play us in the first final and not Carlton?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's time to put my September holiday plan on hold..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back