I was at a party and missed the game - please explain to me how the Dees got slaughtered?

Remove this Banner Ad

Brucey said it was the worst half of football by a team in the last 100 years. :D

Saw the Cats get 15 before Melb got 1 in '98. The 1 was near 1/2 time IIRC. :thumbsu:

That was pretty bad considering we weren't that good in '98 either.

Your username sums up their performance tonight. That and the fact Daniher was out coached.

Daniher looked clueless. There was a moment where the camera cut to the coaches box in the first quarter, after Richmond had goaled twice with 3 kicks. Daniher looked stupified, he looked up at the monitor above his head and you could see him say "They're on me" and then look nervous and look down. He was as focused as his players.

Daniher looked clueless. There was a moment where the camera cut to the coaches box in the first quarter, after Richmond had goaled twice with 3 kicks. Daniher looked stupified, he looked up at the monitor above his head and you could see him say "They're on me" and then look nervous and look down. He was as focused as his players.

Was absolutely out coached by Wallace. Had no idea what to do. Time to go Neil, you are the weakest link.

I went for Richmond for the following reasons:
  • Melbourne had won 2 games after losing 9 in a row. I felt after the break they would be sluggish.
  • No team is so bad they can't win a game. Richmond were due for a win and I thought Melbourne were ripe for the picking.
  • The Nathan Brown factor

For once, I was right :)

They lifted way beyond their ability to beat the pies last match then crashed back to reality this week. Richmond is crap but that effort was.....whats worse than crap?
How is it conceivably possible to lift beyond you're ability. You either can do it or you can't. And if you can you obviously have the ability.

Richo should not be allowed to kick the ball. he should be played centre of CHF, allowed to run around and mark to his hearts content and then give off with a handpass every time to someone running past. Seriously, the guy can play football, he just cannot kick.
And take the entertainment out of the game?Nahhhhhhhhhhhh we need more Richo,s in the comp:thumbsu::D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No team is so bad they can't win a game.

That's the clincher, AH. I don't care whether its the Tigers, the D's, the Blues or whoever, the difference between teams is so marginal that no team can afford to take any weekend anything but completely seriously. I'm watching the Cats demolish one team after another, but know that with a sway of bad luck, like the Crows got last year, that they'll come back to the field in a damn hurry.

Admittedly we all have fun winding each other up over how crap we think the other team is, especially when they are doing such a great rendition of hopelessness like the Tiges, but in reality the competition is so ridiculously even.

Last year we Tiger supporters had great fun getting stuck into our three arch enemies Carlton, Collingwood and Essendon for knocking them all off convincingly. That was our raison d'etre for 2006. But this year all three have done us over good and proper. And yet I stand by my belief that we're a better team than last year. Go figure?!

Well Lazy if you were home from a party and logged on to BF at 10.30pm on a Friday?? ... then....

Danners was as imaginative as your party host!!!
Dees were as ugly as the sheilas
Wallets was like the desperado gate crasher GUTZ that hadn't eaten for months!
Brown was like the cameo drop in appearance of the only one with entertaining conversation
Richo shots at goal was as tragic as like listening to the 70's disco music

Yep dud party ...but only the Tuggers had a great time;)

Seriously how Dees were so dreadful at capitalising on Whites taps and ruck was mind boggling Brock McClean needs some confidence from the magoos or THEY have all packed up the SUV with the ski gear already!:thumbsu:

Seriously... what happened? Green was talking finals last week.

So you were "at a party and missed the game", eh?

And yet you turn up in another thread very shortly after the match to stick the knife into Daniher and criticise them for "a performance like that".

What gives? :eek:

So you were "at a party and missed the game", eh?

And yet you turn up in another thread very shortly after the match to stick the knife into Daniher and criticise them for "a performance like that".

What gives? :eek:

read my reply to Ghost of Jim. Game was live in sydney. I didnt see the game. danners needed to go way before that game.:)

read my reply to Ghost of Jim. Game was live in sydney. I didnt see the game. danners needed to go way before that game.:)

I realise the bit about the time the party finished.

I'm just suggesting it's a bit rich to rip into a team for its performance (as you did in another thread) when you now admit you didn't even see the game.

I realise the bit about the time the party finished.

I'm just suggesting it's a bit rich to rip into a team for its performance (as you did in another thread) when you now admit you didn't even see the game.

I asked on this thread what happened and when i heard i said that dannihers time was up on another thread. I dont think thats drawing too long of a bow. But happy to agree to disagree. i have said for a few years now that the REV should go.:)

melbourne were lazy

all there better players were down.

dont get me started on daniher. the dees need to play the kids.

no ward, no holland, no godfrey, no yze. if we lose so be it.

Remove this Banner Ad

I was at a party and missed the game - please explain to me how the Dees got slaughtered?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back