I would love to know from Brad Scott ...

Remove this Banner Ad

drewey10

Debutant
May 18, 2004
Kilsyth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man UTD
Why EVERY player this season has gone backwards from last season.

I want to know why they look slow & unfit compared to every side we play.

I want to know why we keep drafting slow players.

I want to know why he keep giving games to players who aren't earning their spot in the team.

I want to know why he spends time during the week working on Foxtel shows when our team is playing like a pack of dogs?

I want to know why he hasn't given them a bake in the two seasons he has been here, Malcolm Blight said he was naive, boy was he right.

I want to know why he keep giving games to players who aren't earning their spot in the team.

I want to know why he spends time during the week working on Foxtel shows when our team is playing like a pack of dogs?

I want to know why he hasn't given them a bake in the two seasons he has been here, Malcolm Blight said he was naive, boy was he right.

1: Every Player?

2: Fair Call

3: Like Atley, Harper & Bastinac???

4: Injuries

5: Harsh mate!!!

6: I'm pretty sure they got a spray last night!

I hope for your sake you are 12.

BF Braindead beauties.(Herp Derp)

1.Get brad off foxtel because we losing and him mustn't be spending coaching time enough at club.

2.Youtaah trip mumbo jumbo not working why why no come back marathon runners after 21 days in mountains.

3.Brad is dumb dumb man for job. We have premiership team that is wasting away because bad coach is bad.

Well no I'm 46, a member, have supported this club since I was 10.

I have no idea what your trying to say in this reply mate, I'm sure your an Oxford Schollar, or something equivalent. Your words are much too high brow for me to interpret.

So far I haven't seem one player being offered up as being better than last season.

So the whole team has fallen apart without Greenwood, Bastinac & McIntosh?

So you think we have 3 players with any notable pace in the whole squad?, and you think Harper & Atley are quick? How many lines have those guys run through so far this season?, been able to outrun someone chasing them.

I'm not knocking their ability at all, just dont think they are that quick. In fact Harper has a really odd running style.

So which injured player would put Hansen out of the team. Do you think Cunnington & Zeibel, know the value of their spot in the team?. Next year the club will be paying a tagger $400k, give me a break.

I'm sure you guys go to the games, like I do. And you don't think these are valid questions?.

I said to my wife at 3/4 time, they will be run over in the last Qtr, sure enough it happended. I said the same thing in the Richmond game, you could see it happenenig a mile off.
Last weekend Andrew Swallow said, we just got jumped by Melbourne, they came to play?. So why didn't North come to play in the first Qtr?.

There is something very wrong amongst the attitude of the players this season. I can't quote put my finger on it, but there seems like there is very little fire, amongst them.

I will make one comaprison, Essendon last season, their players compared to ours, where we finished, where they finished. They would have played the top 4 more, but North had more interstate trips, so probably an even draw.

They had the money to spend on a quality coaching team, look at the difference. They hit every contest hard, they break through lines, they always look to play on, not turn & run back to take their kick as the North players do. The extra money doesn't make the players do these things, we are now heading back to the Laidley era where every player that gets the ball looks back as his first option.

We all know that the club can't afford for this crap we are being dished up to continue, crowds will drop, membership will drop & off to Tassie it will be.

I think you mean drafting players that are not blessed with better than average footskills.

I think criticising Brad for representing the club in the media is harsh.

He works relentlessly, with more proof of that today as he is at the SCG watching Sydney, straight from Brisbane, clearly in preparation for next weeks match.

He even mentioned in his presser how he works every minute of everyday to prepare and win. I couldn't have any more respect for all the work and hours he puts in, which seemingly goes unnoticed.

Whether you like it or not these are all fair questions + where is the spirit? The only question I would be able to 'challenge' is te first, Patch has lifted so has Wells and Swallow there are probably others but overall it is a fair point, we should not resile from facing the hard questions good work Drewy :thumbsu:

Dan and Drew, you would like Scott to cancel his foxtel 1hr a week show would you? I can't believe I am reading this. Do you think Brad does that show for Brad? FMD, you have got to be kidding me. It is the most ridiculous request I have read on BF. Ever.

It's the one show out of the twenty or so shows that a North supporter CAN actually sit through without copping the bullshit coverage and snide remarks we endure on a weekly basis. You want to get rid of that exposure for what, so Brad can have an extra hour a week smacking LT and Hansen over the head. Seriously, have a think about it for a sec, it's a mind numbing request simple as that.

I am channeling Brad for you Drewey...

From last night's 22.

Wells, Swallow, Goldstein, Petrie, Cunnington, Edwards, MacMillan, Speight, Thompson, Boomer are all about the same or have gone forward from last year.

Delany, Atley, Harper are new.

The other 9 have probably gone backwards to date for a variety of reasons. The main one being that we haven't clicked as a team yet.

You usually do when you lose, but yes, it is a concern. The youth/inexpereince in the group doesn't help but they will keep getting better at running out games.

We have drafted the best players available rather than on needs. Last year the best player was Atley, who is hardly slow. Bastinac is not slow either.

We are thinking long term. We could definitely be more competitive by acquiring a few seasoned players like we have in the past (i.e. Piccione, Power, Green, etc), but we don't think it is the right strategy. Would you suggest getting the short term plug and play players into the team it is a better approach than the one we are taking?

Because I have a contract with Foxtel that (understandably) doesn't allow me to stay home when we lose. My media committments have no impact on game day and the exposure is beneficial to the club (obviously more so when we win)

I have. Not publically, but it sounds like you want me to hide when we lose anyway. Nothing to be gained from hangng the players out to dry in the media each week, but they know what is expected and where they stand.

Has the Zebs considered emailing the coach?

He will not reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I even put a read receipt on my last email but nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He will not reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I even put a read receipt on my last email but nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ahhh LOL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to know why they look slow & unfit compared to every side we play
I wasn't enthusiastic about Mulkearns during his previous stint with North and I thought he contributed to Carlton's shortcomings when he joined there with Pagan. I sense he's more of a self promoter and less of a fitness guru. He certainly has no idea of how to improve speed.
Would prefer to try to lure David Buttifant back from Collingwood, very innovative and has a talent for targeting and improving a player's weak points.

Dan and Drew, you would like Scott to cancel his foxtel 1hr a week show would you? I can't believe I am reading this. Do you think Brad does that show for Brad? FMD, you have got to be kidding me. It is the most ridiculous request I have read on BF. Ever.

It's the one show out of the twenty or so shows that a North supporter CAN actually sit through without copping the bullshit coverage and snide remarks we endure on a weekly basis. You want to get rid of that exposure for what, so Brad can have an extra hour a week smacking LT and Hansen over the head. Seriously, have a think about it for a sec, it's a mind numbing request simple as that.

Agree with this.

I agree questions need to be asked but the call about Foxtel is just silly.

I'm also interested as to why some people think Adams has improved on last year, he's played 3 good games for memory this year. Last year he was close to our best player over a 10 to 12 week period.

Outside of Goldy I don't think anyone has improved, a few have stayed the same eg: Wells who has continued his good form of late last year.

Great question!!

Ziebell 13 disposals per game

Cunnington 11 per game

Atley 13 per game

Wright 12 per game

Harper 10 per game

speight 12 per game

Hanson 12 per game

true some have been sub and are all young and will probably be good in the future but surely you dont have to play someone at afl just because its good for their development if that was the case we should drop anyone over 28

you dont have to play someone at afl just because its good for their development if that was the case we should drop anyone over 28

Its likely the best place for their development. The game is just played at a different intensity and players need to learn decision making in that environment. We also control the game time and positions they play. Since the club has invested high picks on these guys and we're rebuilding its not unusual they get best development possible.

Its the old argument, is this way better than going with plodders while the kids develop in the VFL? Last decade didnt work out too well for us. One thing that has to be there however, is effort.....bleed for that jumper!

Remove this Banner Ad

I would love to know from Brad Scott ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back