Ian Day - hall of famer?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ghostwriter

Cancelled
10k Posts RIP North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor
Aug 20, 2002
Petrie Motlop sponsor '03
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I did a double take whilst reading the paper today and saw that this chap was in the hof, his record is unremarkable, 135 games, premiership player, and leading goal kicker one year, oh and media commentator, he must be a member of the old boys club.

Unlike yourself, Ian has been a great contributor to the health and welfare of the SANFL for the best part of 4-5 decades. Try to find out a bit more about your subject before sinking the boot in.

Please expand.

I did a double take whilst reading the paper today and saw that this chap was in the hof, his record is unremarkable, 135 games, premiership player, and leading goal kicker one year, oh and media commentator, he must be a member of the old boys club.

You are half correct, purely as a footballer Ian Day wouldn't have made the SANFL Hall of Fame (although he was a good footballer and one of the best kicks I have ever seen for alittle man). It was his services to football as a commentator that would have made him a Hall of Famer. He was the doyen of SANFL commentators and must have commentated for 25-30 years. He was recognised as being without peer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ian Day - hall of famer?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back