ICC 2005 Announced!

Remove this Banner Ad

There's already a fan-made data update out anyway, so this isn't a big deal.

As for the above question, it is something of a slimmed-down CM/FM sort of game, but it has its fair share of weaknesses as a management game (eg. no decent pace bowlers after a decade or so).

just hed to cricketweb.net/forum, and go to the ICC Series, my home away from bigfooty. You can always make your own update, downloading an editing program, called magpie, also on that forum board. Great site.

Yeah, it is great news, but it has come right out of the blue. Empire said they will never make a cricket game, then all of a sudden, they announce for a game to come out within the next month.

SDB4884 said:
Im a huge cricket simulator fan, but ive never played any of this series. Can someone tell me about this game and is it like CM/FM for cricket?

It is the most addictive management game on the planet, no doubt about it. It is ICC2002, but with updates and editing programs downloadable, it is great. The main induction of the new Ashes edition, is that it includes twenty20 cricket. Very realistic, but is an english based game, so there is no Aussie Domestic Cricket, but plenty of English domestic cricket to play.

Lonie_from_50 said:
It is the most addictive management game on the planet, no doubt about it. It is ICC2002, but with updates and editing programs downloadable, it is great. The main induction of the new Ashes edition, is that it includes twenty20 cricket. Very realistic, but is an english based game, so there is no Aussie Domestic Cricket, but plenty of English domestic cricket to play.

Damm that sucks, might be worth a look though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah! About bloody time, I still play 2002 Ashes Edition regularly! It's a pity they haven't given it a nice big overhaul by the sounds of it, it looked pretty haggard when it was first released. Some things I would like to see:

Create a player
More variables in the statistics eg: fielding, speed, power, etc
Being able to have a look at your squad before picking who you will coach (silly oversight in the original!)
Higher resolution levels, 800 x 600 is not going to cut it
Better contract negotiations
Less boundaries scored
More detailed scorecards. Rather than having the usual worm run rate graph, why not also have an over by over bar graph for instance?
A better interface, rather than having to flick between screens to see bowling and batting stats, why not, say, have the current batsmans' figures also on the bowling screen and vice versa?

I'm sure there are lots of other little niggling things I would like corrected, and things I would like to see included. Can you think of any others? Don't get me wrong, this is one of the few games I've played consistently over the last 3 years, but it should be one hell of a lot better than it is. Can't wait to check out what they've done.

Catfish Jake said:
646*? Bloody hell! I've only cracked the 300 barrier on one occasion!

yeah.. i have a screen shot, still my best ever bating performance by a player..

He was youth generated player tho, in about the year 2035. by that time you tend to get lot's of good players..

SaInts SKill said:
less 4s and more sixes..

I made 646* off 660 balls with one player and 100x4 but only 2 sixes...

It's not realistic

Are you Eclipse from CricketWeb?

SaInts SKill said:
less 4s and more sixes..

I made 646* off 660 balls with one player and 100x4 but only 2 sixes...

It's not realistic

You suggest that the amount of fours isn't realistic yet he made 646 NOT OUT?!?!?!

Remove this Banner Ad

ICC 2005 Announced!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back