If Burns retires Cloke needs to be named captain.

Remove this Banner Ad

What a load of trash. Master of the clumsy head high tackle and hospital pass. I don't care how hard he trains...he struggles to be a good average footballer.

yeah i don't love toovey, if they get rid of him thats fine. but you're wrong about max. bucks gave him the no.5 for a reason, and with the exception of a few games in the middle of the year, he has become a very good footballer, capable of almost any job on the ground. his move onto thompson in the QF surprised me. and then he killed him.
i dispute him putting up hospital passes aswell. he's a solid, penetrating kick with decent decision making abilities. and if his tackling slips high on occassion its because he smashes blokes when he tackles them. laid the tackle of the year on rooke in the prelim last year. he set the standard, and then 86 odd tackles just about inspired us to what would have nearly been the best win in the history of the club.
He's a leader, a huge voice on the field, who's courageous and more skillful then most give him credit for. not saying he should be captain, but noone in the inner sanctum would dispute it should he be named.

Bugger every other supporter!

We are Collingwood. We do what's best for the Pies, let everyone else sook about what ever they like!

As far as his football goes, his preperation for a game and his efforts on gameday are second to none. It would drive a stake through all the West Coast supporters heart's!

It would also be giving the biggest "bird" to the AFL!

not me mate, i'd love it, stick it up all the people on bf suffering from tall poppy- syndrome, but it won't happen

cloke might be a good leader but his on ground performances are terrible.

anthony kicked 24 goals in 12 games while cloke could only manage 38 in 20 or so. overrated player, you'd get a good trade offer for him.

not me mate, i'd love it, stick it up all the people on bf suffering from tall poppy- syndrome, but it won't happen

I don't think it would happen either!

Just thought I'd throw it up to see the response.

I like the idea of Didak though. Not going to happen either!

I'd have to say Swan if we are looking for a long term prospect.

Pendles and Maxwell as Vice.

josh = no way!! bloke has been "injured" his whole career and is just way too inconsistent. he definetely doesnt lead by example, and i cant see blokes wanting to follow him into battle. would prefer maxwell over josh anyday. if they were going to make josh captain they would have done it for this year surely.

again, just like last year, if burnsy retires, there is no stand out choice. (a la buckley) has to be between maxy swan and tarkyn (pendles too young)

I'm on the Cloke bandwagon. I think he would be an excellent choice.

Lockyer (and Maxwell) seem to have the strongest leadership qualities but their positions in the team are not safe enough to risk awarding them the captaincy.
I'm pretty sure after playing 100+ consecutive games, and proving he's the best utility in the team, Lockyer'd have a spot. I'm not condoning him as captain, I'd prefer Maxwell, but Lockyer'll be in the best 22 for at least the next year. After that, age may mean he'll struggle.

Sorry to Barge in but isn't Wakelin going too? He is quite old at 33/34. Didak might go too, if these any of these 3 leave, Maxwell and Cloke need to step up. Correct me if I am wrong though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

If Burns retires Cloke needs to be named captain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back