If Jack Watts was on your list what would you do with him?

Jack Watts..

• ...is a talented young player with potential.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ..needs to harden up pronto.

• ..won't make it as an AFL player.

• Jack Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I wouldn't play him on Sam Fisher like Neeld did last night.

Fisher killed him in the first quarter in dry conditions.

Fair point. Clearly far from being an ideal role for Watts to play, but this decision was more about development than anything else.

What would I do with Andrew MacDougall II.

Trade him now and you might be lucky to get a pick in the 40s for him. Another 12 months and he won't be of any value at all.

Fair point. Clearly far from being an ideal role for Watts to play, but this decision was more about development than anything else.

Development? hahaha the main reason Melbourne took Watts over Naitanui was that they didn't want to have to develop him. That he was already a ready made player. Now you are playing him as a defender in his 4th season to try and "develop" him? hahaha :D

Development? hahaha the main reason Melbourne took Watts over Naitanui was that they didn't want to have to develop him. That he was already a ready made player.

Not sure if serious...

cEG7m.gif

What would I do with Andrew MacDougall

Guessing you'd probably try to **** the poor bastard :eek:

Send him off to Freo to train with Hayden Ballantyne.

No, son. Nobody deserves that :eek:

Actually what I would probably do is sit Jack Watts in a dark room.... and make him watch this video over and over again for a week.

I would then ask him to write a 500 page essay on how a guy who only picked up a football at the age of 14 is already 10 times the player than you are currently showing you will ever be. If he can't give a legitimate answer then I would sack him.

[YOUTUBE]j2esSnP2eDs[/YOUTUBE]

He was 17, still at school, and looked like he'd spent the last year in a POW camp he was so skinny when we drafted him. I think he was always in the 'long term' scheme of things rather than a ready made player. Hence why he played 1 game in his first season.

Annnndddd.........................4 years later ?????

Wonna, you wish. Jackie Boy could do with half the mongrel the wee man has.

Play him into form by giving him a game on Schoenmakers.
Can't see how that could possibly fail.

How many preseasons had this hack had now? He couldn't even keep up with Fisher for one quarter. Not one quarter. He obviously isn't a big power forward, he can't run, so what is he?

To answer the question of what I would do with him I would put him in the VFL until he actually shows some sort of sign at all that he's an AFL player because I haven't seen anything yet to show me he belongs at this level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A half-time run in the Little League for some confidence. Play him on a girl who's low on confidence herself.

Can't see how that could possibly fail.

How many preseasons had this hack had now? He couldn't even keep up with Fisher for one quarter. Not one quarter. He obviously isn't a big power forward, he can't run, so what is he?

Not only that, last night his decision making was poor and some of his efforts, well...(diplomat mode on) "did not display the necessary commitment when it really mattered"....

He can be good when he gets the ball......yep he's kinda got that part of it in order. Just doesn't, and doesn't seem to show the DESIRE to, get enough of the friggin thing.

I'd drop him to the reserves until he's both bulked up and demonstrated a genuine fierce desire for the footy. There's a place for light-framed outside "over here over here" flanker-type runners, but not for a #1 draft pick taken as a KPP prospect!

If he was traded to St Kilda he could manage the rape dungeon while Milne and Montagne are busy

They have to cut their losses and just play him at CHB for this and maybe the next season. Whilst it is easy, fun and enjoyable to mock the shithouse efforts of the kid so far, I've watched him play down back last year and he wasn't the worst. For a tall he has good hand below his knees and could find a real niche down back.

In saying that though, how the Melbourne Football club rated him above Nic Nat is a mystery that even Freddy, Scooby and the whole gang could never solve.

Back