If Kouta and Whitnall played, Carlton would have won by 10 goals plus

Remove this Banner Ad

Turlough

Debutant
Feb 16, 2001
Eastern Australia
And for all you anti-Carlton fans or hawthorn twits gloating, we had not ONE fit player on the bench by the end of the game, in fact young prendergast had to play on with a broken hand, the injury situation was that bad at Carlton. I am still convinced Carlton is a 10 goal better side then Whorethorn when players are fit. We'll give Essendon a big shake this week in any case.

Danny Chook is very right... Hawthorn definitely had their fare share of injuries.

As much as it pains me to say it Turlogh, Hawthorn definitely did deserve the win. When the pressure was on, they stood up, and Carlton definitely had their chances, with 7 more scoring shots.

Porter is better than Rehn, and Kouta would eat Holland. Whitnall is better than ALL the rest put together. Having said that we had enough of the ball to win, so really it didn't matter did it?

Point blank should've won.

oh well you can all whinge the fact is that you were 18 points up and should have been more up, you had players on the field that were capable of winning the game for u. But the hawks were harder at the ball in the last qtr and we deserved the win.

Whether Kouta or Whitnal were playing, we still had players to cover them both!!! so don't go blaming the injuries for your loss because you choked when it come to the crunch.

We had injuries that hurt us too!!!

got he hawks johnson is a star!!!

Originally posted by TheKoutaman
Porter is better than Rehn, and Kouta would eat Holland. Whitnall is better than ALL the rest put together. Having said that we had enough of the ball to win, so really it didn't matter did it?

Point blank should've won.

Porter was beaten by Rehn and Thompson (arguably our best player that day) in Round 2. Kouta was given a bath by Jon Hay in Round 2. Whitnall was towled by Jade Rawlings in Round 2. Nah, sorry pal, i reckon we had them covered. :cool:

COULDA, SHOULDA, WOULDA! :rolleyes:

Should we had over the 4 points because you didn't have a few players missing?

We can only play who you put on the paddock, and I haven't seen any gloating by Hawthorn fans. I think all Hawks admit we were a tad lucky, and that we were outplayed by Carlton for 3 quarters.

Fact is, we won. We aren't gloating, you are sooking. It's not like there was a glaring umpiring decision which gave us the win...

And we beat Richmond by 55 points with no players on the bench and Adrian Cox carrying a hammy...so that's not an excuse.

The Hitman

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turlough

Turlough, first of all..... If Porter had been playing that would have meant that Allan would have had to play somewhere else and wouldn't have played as well as he did, secondly..... Kouta was killed by Hay in round 2 and you would expect him to have done it again with the form Kouta has been in, thirdly....the simple fact is that you dont have these players. You have to cope with the injured players that you have just like Hawthorn have coped without Rehn, Holland, Harford, Woods etc etc. And anyway, are you trying to say that it is our fault that your players are injured?. It is most definitely not our fault that your players are injured, they aren't fit enough to avoid injuries.... thats their own fault. Get over it mate and just realise that the Hawks won the game in the end. GO HAWKS

PREMIERS FOR 2001.

Rob Burton

Rob's Hawthorn Hawks

Originally posted by Turlough
And for all you anti-Carlton fans or hawthorn twits gloating, we had not ONE fit player on the bench by the end of the game, in fact young prendergast had to play on with a broken hand, the injury situation was that bad at Carlton. I am still convinced Carlton is a 10 goal better side then Whorethorn when players are fit. We'll give Essendon a big shake this week in any case.

But thats the point.. Your players are smarter and more experienced but hawthorn ran out the game better. Fitness is a coaching problem. When carlton didn't take their chances I always thought hawthorn could pinch it, I just didn't realise how close.

And those mentioning the missing Hawks players - You forgot COXY ! He's a gun.

Originally posted by Chris_23

Porter was beaten by Rehn and Thompson (arguably our best player that day) in Round 2. Kouta was given a bath by Jon Hay in Round 2. Whitnall was towled by Jade Rawlings in Round 2. Nah, sorry pal, i reckon we had them covered. :cool:

COULDA, SHOULDA, WOULDA! :rolleyes:

Porter mostly didn't play in the ruck in round2, Allan did and he got injured and hadn't played since. Kouta got given a bath, sure, Whitnall did too, but so did our entire midfield that day as well. On Sunday they didn't get beaten and it could reasonably be argued that those boys would've made a sizable difference in the standing of the game.

As I said earlier though, we had enough of the ball to win WITHOUT those guys playing. You can poke fun and that's fair enough, but the fact is Carlton should've won given the number of times we went into our forward 50 compared to your lot, Chris.

Good luck in this year's finals mate, against Essendon that is. It seems my team is falling apart again like last year. Now I hear Kouta might be gone for the rest of the year with osty pubic-hair-us. Oh well, might as well give them the cup right now cause your mob will get smashed by them again.

And if Dunstall, Dermie, Dipper, Fish, Tucky, Bucky, Leithal etc all werent old and retired - we not only would have beaten you, but would have FLOGGED you by over 10 goals :D

Get real mate - injuries are part and parcel of footy. The what if's and should haves just dont win you the 4 points

Originally posted by TheKoutaman

Porter mostly didn't play in the ruck in round2, Allan did and he got injured and hadn't played since. Kouta got given a bath, sure, Whitnall did too, but so did our entire midfield that day as well. On Sunday they didn't get beaten and it could reasonably be argued that those boys would've made a sizable difference in the standing of the game.

As I said earlier though, we had enough of the ball to win WITHOUT those guys playing. You can poke fun and that's fair enough, but the fact is Carlton should've won given the number of times we went into our forward 50 compared to your lot, Chris.

Good luck in this year's finals mate, against Essendon that is. It seems my team is falling apart again like last year. Now I hear Kouta might be gone for the rest of the year with osty pubic-hair-us. Oh well, might as well give them the cup right now cause your mob will get smashed by them again.

Now that is arrogant. you insinuate that carlton is the only team capable of stopping Essendon and we should all let you win. If we used that logic we should let brisbane win and let them into the GF.

No each team is in it to go as far as possible. I want hawthorn to overtake brisbane and get to essendon in the GF. Even if we get smashed (again) it's another step to our next premiership.

We don't care about the 16 premierships thing, our 9 is a pretty good return given our shorter history.

I thought cartlon was pretty unlucky at the weekend but they did lose and you might just have to entertain the fact that the 'mythical' carlton team you talk about might never be 'fit and firing' again.

PS thanks for the football lesson your guys gave our guys.

Don't you all go thinking that Carlton supporters are whingers because Turlough had a cry - he's just jumped ship from Geelong and given us their curse for chrissake (since he changed I think we've won 1 out of 4 and they've won 3 out of 4). He's not a REAL Carlton supporters.

As for the injury factor, well I think you needed to look at our forward line to see what a difference having those players made. It was such a makeshift forward line, and it really caught up with us at the end of the day.

The only true key position player playing in the side was SOS. I think that we just had injuries to the wrong players. Hawthorn can cover injuries to their talls a lot better than us, which is something that we must look at over the summer. I've said this a million times, Whitnall is our most important player. Without him in the forward line, its a complete mess. Still, having said all that, we should have gone on to win anyway, although I thought we did put in a very good effort and I'm not dirty on the boys.

I don't think the better side on the day won, but the team that was more calm at the right times certainly did and maybe a win like yesterday's will give Hawthorn the confidence to have a better crack at Essendon next time. But they'll have to play the way they did in the last 1/4 for a full four quarters.

Originally posted by Sly77

Did you think I was serious?

Sheesh......I was pointing out how futile it is blaming a loss on who WASNT playing.

No I didn't, I was making the same point as you (sorry, I didn't read your post). I was having a go at Turlough.

Remove this Banner Ad

If Kouta and Whitnall played, Carlton would have won by 10 goals plus

Remove this Banner Ad

Back