If Lovett is aquitted, would he be worth a punt?

Remove this Banner Ad

Slappper

Senior List
May 1, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Still have a bit of currency you would think, and he would come to your club for next to nothing.

I think there is a reason St Kilda used a top 10 pick on him for his run, carry and goal sense.

Sure he has been out of the game for a while, but a short stint in the Magoos would sort that out.

Well he might want to pay for a little salary given he'd make a nice dollar out of unfair dismissal.

turning 29, would probably need a (very good) season in a lower league to have a possibility of being drafted. Wouldn't play a game in the AFL until he would be 30, so probably not worth it for any club.
A shame, great player to watch.

Occasionally when we are losing I look at the wide wings of the MCG and think what might have been. If a club is willing to take the risk, and as long as his body is sound, it wont be his on field actions that are the problem.

Still have a bit of currency you would think, and he would come to your club for next to nothing.

I think there is a reason St Kilda used a top 10 pick on him for his run, carry and goal sense.

Sure he has been out of the game for a while, but a short stint in the Magoos would sort that out.
Heath Shaw said he was worth a punt.

BTW. Where do you get top 10 pick from?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Occasionally when we are losing I look at the wide wings of the MCG and think what might have been.

Look a bit wider, Mark Williams will be up there somewhere ;)

Because of his age, he'd have to go to a club that was close to challenging for a premiership and needed an injection of pace.

St Kilda was in that position when they drafted him.

The clubs that fit the profile now IMO are Hawthorn, Dogs, Cats and Sydney.

lol
he's just been sacked by Fitzroy Stars in the NFL... turning up match day half cut. He's a mess. Not a chance. Fev will be on a list and kicking bags of 20 before Lovett gets another gig.

If he is acquitted his behaviour and work ethic may change, you know 'second chance at life' type of thing.

If so, and if North have a breakthrough year next year and everything is thought-through, would be worth a rookie spot imo. Rookies are designed to be make or break spots, not like a high draft pick which has to be a MAKE.

If he is acquitted his behaviour and work ethic may change, you know 'second chance at life' type of thing.

If so, and if North have a breakthrough year next year and everything is thought-through, would be worth a rookie spot imo. Rookies are designed to be make or break spots, not like a high draft pick which has to be a MAKE.
Please tell me your joking?
He will be 30, we are no-where near challenging...would select to play a broken down Lindsay Thomas with one leg before this guy.

Remove this Banner Ad

If Lovett is aquitted, would he be worth a punt?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back