If Lovett is aquitted, would he be worth a punt?

Remove this Banner Ad

All testimony's have agreed that the girl was drunk, asleep on a bed and very upset afterwards.

Several St Kilda players have admitted confronting Lovett in an agressive manner.

St Kilda football manager Greg Hutchison said he spoke to Lovett about 5am and Lovett has said that the girl could have thought he was Gram.

That's how.

Of course St Kilda players would confront him in an aggressive manner. How would you approach a new player at your footy club, who has had a history of off field issues before arriving at your club and is now being accused of raping a girl you were hooking up with earlier in the night? I don't think anything you've mentioned above suggests that he'll definitely be found guilty, or definitely be acquitted.

Of course St Kilda players would confront him in an aggressive manner. How would you approach a new player at your footy club, who has had a history of off field issues before arriving at your club and is now being accused of raping a girl you were hooking up with earlier in the night? I don't think anything you've mentioned above suggests that he'll definitely be found guilty, or definitely be acquitted.

See that's why the Saints culture is a problem.

When Lovett was at Essendon, even having a minder, who wasn't a player (was a former player and board member) didn't help him out that much. We tried our best.

Why wasn't that idea followed by the Saints? If it was - it didn't work.

He would go back to Essendon surely.
It was James Hird that gave him the glowing reference and if he is cleared then surely James would have no reason to change his opinion.
Hird would obviously by his own testimony welcome him with open arms or was he just a lying dog when he gave the reference for Lovett before.

We knew this question would come up, think could be a good fit at Hawthorn or Carlton

Doubt he would be coming to Hawthorn at any price, if he were to play it would have to be ahead of Shane Savage or Isaac Smith and i doubt Hawthorn would want that as Savage and Smith are playing well and will only get better. Plus we just got rid of Hooper and Peterson last year who didnt apply themselves well enough at Hawthorn i doubt they would recruit a player like Lovett who has has a history of off field problems.

I personally think Lovett should go to a club outside of Melbourne like a Sydney who have a strong culture and it may suit Lovett there.

I personally think Lovett should go to a club outside of Melbourne like a Sydney who have a strong culture and it may suit Lovett there.

Rumour has it that he will be looked at by clubs such as sydney, GWS or Gold Coast to pick him up

See that's why the Saints culture is a problem.

When Lovett was at Essendon, even having a minder, who wasn't a player (was a former player and board member) didn't help him out that much. We tried our best.

Why wasn't that idea followed by the Saints? If it was - it didn't work.

What a stupid post. We only had him for a few weeks. If there was any culture problem it was definitely an Essendon culture problem, and unfortunately the Saints got lumbered with that culture when they picked him up.

He's already been dumped by two clubs for behavioural issues why would anyone want him? Just because he's not a convicted rapist does not change why he lost his spot twice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely No

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-over-police-investigation-20091224-le5c.html

A month after joining St Kilda, the talented and speedy player was arrested for public drunkenness in November.
Saints coach Ross Lyon said at the time that Lovett knew the club would not tolerate any further misbehaviour.
Lovett's ex-girlfriend took out a restraining order against him in after alleging he locked her in his car and repeatedly beat her for nearly an hour. He was later charged with breaching the order.
In June this year, he was charged with driving while unlicensed and received a fine and three-month driving suspension.

I think it would be ludicrous for a youthful club to draft Andrew Lovett. His influence is NOT the sort of thing you want your potential young stars exposed to.

He's a lazy trainer, misses training, skips rehab, attends rehab/training under the influence.... So a MASSIVE NO in my book, hell i was happy he never played a game for StKilda. I hated that we picked him up with his history of these misdemeanors

And i also hate the comparison to Ben Cousin... Yes Ben did drugs & was probably under the influence of them at training sometimes, BUT... NO ONE TRAINS HARDER THAN BEN COUSINS & he never let it effect his football!

Lovett isnt half the footballer Benny was :thumbsu:

I think it would be ludicrous for a youthful club to draft Andrew Lovett. His influence is NOT the sort of thing you want your potential young stars exposed to.

I say good luck to him and i hope he can put all this behind him ... but i sure don't want him coming up to Gold Coast!!!!

The pattern of behaviour that saw him sacked is summed up quite well in this article.

People seem quick to overlook the other incidents that occured, including turning up to training in an unfit state, not in physical shape and coming last in time trials after being given a 9 wk off season program, a drunk and disorderly which led to his arrest.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...on-saints-the-gf/story-fn6cisdj-1226102409452

If anyone is willing to give him a second, second chance, they would do so in the knowledge that he has promised to turn his behaviour around before.

always like to see stories of redemption etc etc, but if Andrew is to get back on track do not think it will be with the assistance of an AFL club - had plenty of chances & blew them all, time to focus elsewhere for his future.

Remove this Banner Ad

If Lovett is aquitted, would he be worth a punt?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back