If not us, then who?

Remove this Banner Ad

Please please please if we don't make the gf can it be Sydney vs gws .

I'd buy tickets to that.

Anyone else got a non lions gf preference?

If it can’t be Brisbane v a Sydney team then it has to be 2 Sydney teams. Would piss off a lot of Victorian’s including Eddie

I couldn’t stand it if GWS won. Their fans haven’t suffered - gifted an amazing draft hand from day-1 and kept rolling it over ever since.
Spoken like someone who hasn't had to watch Leon Cameron coach.

I will be happy for any non-Victorian team to win it this year (if we can't win it)

Hearing the constant 'VFL' commentary/bias towards a Victorian team winning it all is insufferable.
If the AFL were really serious, the biggest concern about commentary teams shouldn’t be about wanting diversity for diversity sake but rather the bias Victorian commentary that is left unabated and never addressed.

I watch a lot of various team sports in the US and Europe and you never get bias commentary period so how the AFL is ok with it is astounding and shows how the VFL clearly has it’s priorities wrong.

If the AFL were really serious, the biggest concern about commentary teams shouldn’t be about wanting diversity for diversity sake but rather the bias Victorian commentary that is left unabated and never addressed.

I watch a lot of various team sports in the US and Europe and you never get bias commentary period so how the AFL is ok with it is astounding and shows how the VFL clearly has it’s priorities wrong.

The "AFL" has never quite got it's head around the Competition being truly National.

Where else in the world does the Grand Final or "Championship decider" always get played at the same venue( the MCG) in perpetuity, thereby creating an unnatural advantage for some teams over others. The best an "Interstate" team can hope for on Grand Final day is to play another "Interstate" team so that it's a neutral venue.

Even the term "Interstate" which the Vic media trot out as a matter of course, is highly pejorative, the inference being that these "Interstaters" don't really have the same status as the true blueblood "heartland" Vic teams.

Then of course there is the totally inequitable if not farcical nature of the "draw", which is not a draw anyway but a manipulated "fixture" based on the fallacious premise of who was good and who was not in the preceding year and also making sure that the usual "Blockbusters", "Showdowns", "Derbys" and "Pineapple Grapples" get played twice no matter what.

It's so stupidly unfair and amateurish as to be laughable.

If the AFL/VFL were really serious about an equitable "National" Comp, they would move heaven and earth to get a 20th team up and running, everyone to play everyone else once only and GF venue allocated on a rotational basis between the 5 major Capital cities.

A 10 team Finals series would surely generate enough $ to make up for 20 Rounds of Footy rather than the present obviously skewed 23 Rounds.

If not, by all means have an extra "Gather Round" with a random draw of who plays who, rather than attempting to manufacture the "best" draw.

Last edited:
Please please please if we don't make the gf can it be Sydney vs gws .

I'd buy tickets to that.

Anyone else got a non lions gf preference?
I hope Port get it done. Would be a great story after all the "sack Kern" business and the booing saga earlier in the year.

Would also provide a very obvious counterpoint for all the social media/BigFooty trolls who are happy to knock Fagan at every opportunity while failing to throw up constructive alternatives.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope Port get it done. Would be a great story after all the "sack Kern" business and the booing saga earlier in the year.

Would also provide a very obvious counterpoint for all the social media/BigFooty trolls who are happy to knock Fagan at every opportunity while failing to throw up constructive alternatives.
I would hate Port to win it as much as the Magpies.... although I suppose I survived the 2023 GF without any emotional scars.

If it was GWS could random punters get tickets

I bought non refundable flights to Melbourne
and you get a free scarf and hoody like the last GF GWS made.
I know a few people who went as GWS supporters for the day :)

No to Port or Dogs.

Happy if Freo made it if not us

Giants, Freo, Sydney, Carlton, Hawthorn, Port., Bulldogs...............daylight..................Geelong.

A totally non-Vic GF would be awesome

Bulldogs are perennially overrated and Geelong just piss me off

Sydney v GWS would be cool and on form looks like a real possibility

EDIT: I have real sympathy for Hinkley, especially after that disgraceful dummy spit from their supporters after we handed them their arses in Adelaide in Round 15. However, my disgust for Port and their feral supporters outweighs my empathy for Ken, so screw them

Last edited:
EDIT: I have real sympathy for Hinkley, especially after that disgraceful dummy spit from their supporters after we handed them their arses in Adelaide in Round 15.
It'd be really funny if he wins the Premiership with them and then leaves for the West Coast job lol

Remove this Banner Ad

If not us, then who?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back