If Woosha got the sack......

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 13, 2003
Geraldton, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Indiana, Chelsea
who would you prefer to come in and take over the Eagles?

would you want an experianced coach or an oppositions assistant coach.

...Essendon's Harvey is one i'd like to see given a go in the AFL.

...also I might add I don't want to see Woosh get the boot...

All purely hypothetical of course, as it would never happen anytime soon :eek:

They may just go someone from within... like Rob Wiley. He probably should have got the job after Malthouse left.

I think Harvey has said he isn't moving out of Melbourne but would be a good choice IMO, even though he thinks Perth is tropical :rolleyes:

Terry Wallace or Rocket Eade would be worth a look but I would prefer someone new to a recycled guy that has already tried and failed.

Originally posted by jod23
If nobody wants it to happen or thinks it will happen why should we talk about it?

Woosh will never be sacked. It would be the worst thing the club ever did if it happened.

Originally posted by Goldenblue
Woosh will never be sacked. It would be the worst thing the club ever did if it happened.

Never say never.... (Richmond sacked Bartlett, Collingwood sacked Shaw, North Melbourne sacked Big nose Shimma, there are plenty of reveared players that got the sack through out history)

I think he is more likely to walk away though...

One small post aimed at the starter of this thread.

Champions!!! We are invincible!!!

Money does not buy you silverware, poor roman. Now the porto coach who's won uefa cup and cl is at the helm dragging players with him from porto, with the money if he can someone get the team to gel then it may look good for chelsea, however if they go on another spending spree, players may never gel.

We're the north bank, we're the north bank

we're the north bank, highbury !

Bluey, an arsenal fan?? at least you've got the right team there.

Back to the thread... is Woosha "tough enough" on the boys after losses???

I'd expect him to be but don't hear much out here in the bush. There was talk yesterday about him being "too calm" after Fridays loss. Coincidentally, I have the same question of Chris Connelly.

Originally posted by hoss
Bluey, an arsenal fan?? at least you've got the right team there.

Back to the thread... is Woosha "tough enough" on the boys after losses???

I'd expect him to be but don't hear much out here in the bush. There was talk yesterday about him being "too calm" after Fridays loss. Coincidentally, I have the same question of Chris Connelly.

Make then train now in this kinda weather. Then they might be ready to play in melbourne

Originally posted by crazzzy_grrl
Make then train now in this kinda weather. Then they might be ready to play in melbourne

Yeah, good point. I think both Woosha and Connelly could get a bit tougher on their players. Get a bit of mongrel into them. Not overboard like Hawthorn yesterday but a few more playing like Woosha did himself - hard, tough and at the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just following the hypothetical, if Woosha got the sack at the end of this year, my membership card would be in lots of little pieces in an envelope mailed the club and I'd spend several years taking an intense interest in WAFL until the pain wore off.

Club legend or not, nobody is safe forever, but it'd be ludicrous to suggest that his job would be threatened at any time in the near future.

Long term, if Worsfold was unable to take the club forward over the next couple of years I think the most likely scenario would be him falling on his sword- he's not the kind of person to accept failure.

Originally posted by Mead
Just following the hypothetical, if Woosha got the sack at the end of this year, my membership card would be in lots of little pieces in an envelope mailed the club and I'd spend several years taking an intense interest in WAFL until the pain wore off.

Club legend or not, nobody is safe forever, but it'd be ludicrous to suggest that his job would be threatened at any time in the near future.

Long term, if Worsfold was unable to take the club forward over the next couple of years I think the most likely scenario would be him falling on his sword- he's not the kind of person to accept failure.

I agree... Woosha seems to be the type of guy that would put the footy club before him, and if he didnt feel he was the right guy for the job any more he would leave. I can see if in the future it happens hed leave before the club felt the need to fire him

Originally posted by bluey17
One small post aimed at the starter of this thread.

Champions!!! We are invincible!!!

Money does not buy you silverware, poor roman. Now the porto coach who's won uefa cup and cl is at the helm dragging players with him from porto, with the money if he can someone get the team to gel then it may look good for chelsea, however if they go on another spending spree, players may never gel.

We're the north bank, we're the north bank

we're the north bank, highbury !

what are you going on about :rolleyes: ....:D

Come on Chelsea, Come On Chelsea, Come On Chelsea!!! ;)

Originally posted by Mead

I also think Woosha should be given more time but I have this feeling he's a bit lost at the moment and he may have run out of ideas on how to motivate the players. He also seems to lack tactical skills.

I don't agree much with the idea that we're playing badly because we're still a young team. This implies that we're AGAIN rebuilding and therefore lower our expectations. The fact is that we won our first premiership with a very young team in 1992. At the time, Malcolm Blight even mentioned that in an interview, saying that it was probably the way to go. So no excuses on being a young team. In my view that doesn't matter. What matters is that we should be going forward and are in fact going backwards. A bit like Richmond and Hawthorn. They promised so much and now they're going backwards and I'm sure their supporters have also stated that they were a young team... etc.

Year after year, we get the same old excuses from fans of all clubs (rebuilding, young team, injuries, etc). The fact is that some coaches can get the best of any lot of reasonable players and other coaches always fall short. That's why Kevin Sheedy is who he is and Malthouse can take a team like Collingwood to two Grand Finals. In my view it's not only about players but mainly about how a coach can get the edge over his opponents. I believe that the Eagles would win more games, with the same lot of players if coached by Malthouse, Sheeddy, Leigh Mathews and Terry Wallace. But of course on the other side of the coin, we would be getting monumental beatings under KJ. In conclusion, I maintain that Woosha isn't a bad coach but he's also nothing special and if things keep going this way, we may be following the steps of Richmond and Hawthorn. So hypothetically, if Woosha decides to go in a couple of years or is invited to leave, I would like Terry Wallace but I doubt he will be available at the time.

Originally posted by Geonet
He also seems to lack tactical skills..

Sums up Woosha excellently. Motivation will only get you so far before you need to actually have a plan.

All these people saying Woosha will never be sacked need to grow a brain. Are ex club champions now absolved of all responsibility to perform? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by USAEagle
No way I would want Woosh to quit or get the boot, but why not Malcom Blight?

I think his last stint as a head coach of an AFL club showed he no longer has the passion for it. He even admitted it himself

Originally posted by Frodo
If Woosha gets the sack.....it means he's got a seasonal job as a Father Christmas to supplement his income :D

You are the person for whom emoticons were invented.

Does everyone forget how Worsfold's playing career ended? He knows as much about the right time to leave as any other fiercely committed monomaniac.

Originally posted by The Mission Man
You are the person for whom emoticons were invented.

Does everyone forget how Worsfold's playing career ended? He knows as much about the right time to leave as any other fiercely committed monomaniac.

Something to do with the paycheck as well I expect.

Frawley, Ayres and Schwab are all under the blowtorch but I don't see any of them resigning - yet.

Foregoing a large payout for the sake of honour is not exactly good personal financial management.

Worsfold, like Connolly, has probably got 2 years max to produce sustained top four performance.

Failure to do that will see all bets off. Then history will judge them simply as development coaches

Personally, I'd kill for a Matthews or a Pagan at the helm.

Remove this Banner Ad

If Woosha got the sack......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back