If you really want 5 cow cow to take notice

Remove this Banner Ad

Send all communication to the business' that sponsor, and advertise on 5 cow cow.

Tell them that because of their affiliation to 5 cow cow, that they will not be getting any business from yourself, and as many fellow Port fans that you can convince to do likewise.

If those business' get a flood of mail, they'll say plenty to 5 cow cow

I do not know whether or not I am representative of Port fans generally, but I do not listen to 5AA. Whether or not that sends a message to 5AA is not something I'm particulary concerned about. My point being that if you have a problem with 5AA then don't listen. You'll soon learn to live without Stutterer and Moody.

I do not know whether or not I am representative of Port fans generally, but I do not listen to 5AA. Whether or not that sends a message to 5AA is not something I'm particulary concerned about. My point being that if you have a problem with 5AA then don't listen. You'll soon learn to live without Stutterer and Moody.

I am a Crow fan and I don't listen to 5AA so you're not alone.

My point being that if you have a problem with 5AA then don't listen. You'll soon learn to live without Stutterer and Moody.
I don't know about you, but I have a voracious appetite for reading, watching, listening to all things Port. The trouble is that there are no other radio stations which have as much discussion of things Port as 5AA do. I mean, every day they have 3 hours talking mainly about footy, and for the most part it is half Port stuff. It's not just those two goons sitting there talking crap either, there are special guests in the studio, interviews and phone callers. Even the goons are bearable on occasion. 5AA is not perfect by a loooooooooong shot, but until there is another source of talk about Port of similar quantity, I can't see myself stopping listening.

From my perspective, I would rather listen to crap about the Crows in addition to my Port talk, than crap about Victorian clubs in addition to less Port talk.

I don't know about you, but I have a voracious appetite for reading, watching, listening to all things Port. The trouble is that there are no other radio stations which have as much discussion of things Port as 5AA do. I mean, every day they have 3 hours talking mainly about footy, and for the most part it is half Port stuff. It's not just those two goons sitting there talking crap either, there are special guests in the studio, interviews and phone callers. Even the goons are bearable on occasion. 5AA is not perfect by a loooooooooong shot, but until there is another source of talk about Port of similar quantity, I can't see myself stopping listening.

Agree Pred.
It is the Port interviews that draw me to listen.
On gameday, I'd be more than happy to listen to another station.

The same tired old format from the same tired old hacks. The same beat up "controversies" at the same time of each season. They could repeat a previous years shows and the only way to tell would be when they mentioned an actual result.

The game calling is a disgrace. You might as well put the microphone down in the cheer squad. All you hear is "bbbbbb" "oooh" "aaaah" and various inarticulate shrieking.

Save yourselves some aggravation and reach for the off button or the tuning dial.

I tune in occassionally after a game, thats it. Id rather listen to music :thumbsu:

I have said it before and I will say it again, Cornes and Cunnilinguis are yesterday's men. One thinks he is an intellectual and the other one is an apologist for the SACA. If Cunnilinguis says we, when talking about the Crows once a day he says it 30, it is sickening. He will get stuck into a listener, but will never ask the hard question of the Cows, the SACA or any Test Cricketer, he sucks big time.

I have said it before and I will say it again, Cornes and Cunnilinguis are yesterday's men. One thinks he is an intellectual and the other one is an apologist for the SACA. If Cunnilinguis says we, when talking about the Crows once a day he says it 30, it is sickening. He will get stuck into a listener, but will never ask the hard question of the Crows, the SACA or any Test Cricketer, he sucks big time.

Shut up - he does the same thing towards Port Adelaide Power as well because KG has to be everyone mate.

The Saturday morning sport show is really 5 double Crows isn’t or should can we now rename it “the hour of power” with Russell Ebert, Michelangelo Rucci, Graham “my two boys play for Port” Cornes and KG who will never bag any player from any club or sport in SA.

So no port supporters listen to 5AA. So why is it everytime the crows lose the ports fans are the first to call in after the game?! Just admit you listen and get over it! it is a shame we dont have another station at all tho.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shut up - he does the same thing towards Port Adelaide Power as well because KG has to be everyone mate.

If you don't like what we say on the Port board, get the f... out of here

The Saturday morning sport show is really 5 double Crows isn’t or should can we now rename it “the hour of power” with Russell Ebert, Michelangelo Rucci, Graham “my two boys play for Port” Cornes and KG who will never bag any player from any club or sport in SA.

Crazypost of the year.

Crazypost of the year.

So the Saturday morning sports show on 5 AA isn’t heavily cater to the Port Adelaide power supporter’s base?

Please, With Russell Ebert being one of, if not the biggest sycophants on South Australian radio, Michelangelo LOVTHES the Adelaide Football Club and LOVES everything Port Adelaide so he will go out of his way to create some sort of adversary to piss off the AFC supporters, Graham Cornes has his two boys playing at the Power so will never ever say a bad word about your club and KG just kisses everyone arse and will not make a fuss to be controversy.

You assume it catered towards the Adelaide Crows supporters but that assumption is misguided.

So the Saturday morning sports show on 5 AA isn’t heavily cater to the Port Adelaide power supporter’s base?

Please, With Russell Ebert being one of, if not the biggest sycophants on South Australian radio, Michelangelo LOVTHES the Adelaide Football Club and LOVES everything Port Adelaide so he will go out of his way to create some sort of adversary to piss off the AFC supporters, Graham Cornes has his two boys playing at the Power so will never ever say a bad word about your club and KG just kisses everyone arse and will not make a fuss to be controversy.

You assume it catered towards the Adelaide Crows supporters but that assumption is misguided.

Russell - old fashioned, obvious love of Port ... however I don't see him ever come across as anti-Crows.

Michaelangelo - probably has some issues with some members of crows board, but is also quite often unfairly bagged by you guys (take "A Little Wound Up" thread on yuor board), I suspect he could write a match review line for line mirroring your boards view, and would still get bagged for it. In summary he takes his swipes, but you guys overreact severely to it (ans some of the swipes are close to the mark).

Graham Cornes would say a bar word about Port (ever notice when a fax comes in bagging us he'll read it, then come back with the Oh - I shouldnt have read that (once again its all perception). Frankly, not only do I think Graham has bad words about Port (which I dont mind) but he would probably speak badly of his sons if it made him look better - the guy is ego driven, is arrogant, and has very little time for others opinions.

And KG - well hes irrelevant. His time is up, he hasnt for a long time had anything constructive to sday about the game - or sport in general.

Russell - old fashioned, obvious love of Port ... however I don't see him ever come across as anti-Crows.

Michaelangelo - probably has some issues with some members of crows board, but is also quite often unfairly bagged by you guys (take "A Little Wound Up" thread on yuor board), I suspect he could write a match review line for line mirroring your boards view, and would still get bagged for it. In summary he takes his swipes, but you guys overreact severely to it (ans some of the swipes are close to the mark).

Graham Cornes would say a bar word about Port (ever notice when a fax comes in bagging us he'll read it, then come back with the Oh - I shouldnt have read that (once again its all perception). Frankly, not only do I think Graham has bad words about Port (which I dont mind) but he would probably speak badly of his sons if it made him look better - the guy is ego driven, is arrogant, and has very little time for others opinions.

And KG - well hes irrelevant. His time is up, he hasnt for a long time had anything constructive to sday about the game - or sport in general.

So we have 2 panel member who happily pump up the Port Adelaide Power tyres and promote the intangibles with in the club on any occasion (I don’t have an issue with that) (Russell and Michelangelo), this simply suggest to me that 5AA simply caters to a pro power crowd.

Add one ego maniac who only looks out for his best interest, not one individual club and one irrelevant bubbling old fool who should have been out to pasture years ago who sucks up to everyone and anyone.

Hasn’t the relevance of this discussion now become askew? Because clearly it’s not 100% 5 double Crow but at very least 50/50? Something they have been suggesting. :confused:

So we have 2 panel member who happily pump up the Port Adelaide Power tyres and promote the intangibles with in the club on any occasion (I don’t have an issue with that) (Russell and Michelangelo), this simply suggest to me that 5AA simply caters to a pro power crowd.

Add one ego maniac who only looks out for his best interest, not one individual club and one irrelevant bubbling old fool who should have been out to pasture years ago who sucks up to everyone and anyone.

Hasn’t the relevance of this discussion now become askew? Because clearly it’s not 100% 5 double Crow but at very least 50/50? Something they have been suggesting. :confused:

Frankly I've listened in part the last 3 weeks or so and I'd say its not pro port, but just a mob of crows whingers led by KG ringing up to try and outsmart Rucci, and getting their arses fed to them through a straw.... its funny. (KG should stear clear of arguing points .... doesn't have the mental capacity to hold the argument together)

Besides - you are basing your argument on a 3 hr panel show on a saturday morning to balance out the alleged crows bias monday to Friday for 3 hours a day and sunday for 3 hours with Rowey.

Frankly I've listened in part the last 3 weeks or so and I'd say its not pro port, but just a mob of crows whingers led by KG ringing up to try and outsmart Rucci, and getting their arses fed to them through a straw.... its funny. (KG should stear clear of arguing points .... doesn't have the mental capacity to hold the argument together)

You guys have an issue with 5AA at the moment and you only hear what you want to hear. You only hear the crows supporters ringing up and whinging because that will give your perceived argument surrounding the bias credibility. Same as some Crows supporter only expect Michelangelo to right scandalous articles to giver there perceived bias credibility .

Are you accusing 5 AA of screening calls and only putting to air the Adelaide Crows supporters?

Besides - you are basing your argument on a 3 hr panel show on a saturday morning to balance out the alleged crows bias monday to Friday for 3 hours a day and sunday for 3 hours with Rowey.

How so?

Tonight 5 AA will have both a Port Adelaide Power player as well as an Adelaide Crows player come on and talk about the respective trial games on the weekend.

During the season on a Tuesday night they will have a AFC player and then on a Wednesday night they will have a Port Adelaide player in the studio to take calls from the respective supporter bases.

Friday night they will have a preview of both games and talk to someone from both camps. Both Neil Craig and John Reid as well Mark Williams and Peter Rhoad are spoken to equality.

And yesterday, Steven Rowe has a Port Adelaide player just after the 11 am news. Mathew Bode was on just before the 12 o’clock news and Nick Stevens from Carlton was on just after the 12 o’clock news.

You cannot base a perceived bias on how many callers ring in and get on air.

You guys have an issue with 5AA at the moment and you only hear what you want to hear.
Not quite. Personally I was dissapointed that they came out 2 weeks ago, and said we would broadcast the Crows game because the Port game was at AAMI, and then did a complete about face the following week.

You only hear the crows supporters ringing up and whinging because that will give your perceived argument surrounding the bias credibility. Same as some Crows supporter only expect Michelangelo to right scandalous articles to giver there perceived bias credibility .
Truer words have never been spoken.... its why I laugh every time there is a Rucci bashing thread..... even when he rights a good article.

Are you accusing 5 AA of screening calls and only putting to air the Adelaide Crows supporters?
Where have I suggested anything like this at all. Fact of the mattwer is both KG and Cornes are Crows fans (and ambassadors) its only natural that the first thought will always be the Crows. It doesn't really bother me.

Perceived bias = many port supporters consider the AFC gets a much better/longer run on AA. I personally dont give a **** any more - for a time I did.

Tonight 5 AA will have both a Port Adelaide Power player as well as an Adelaide Crows player come on and talk about the respective trial games on the weekend.

During the season on a Tuesday night they will have a AFC player and then on a Wednesday night they will have a Port Adelaide player in the studio to take calls from the respective supporter bases.

Friday night they will have a preview of both games and talk to someone from both camps. Both Neil Craig and John Reid as well Mark Williams and Peter Rhoad are spoken to equality.

Everything you have said above I am aware of. If I wanted to be argumentative I'd argue that its not just about interviews, but general discussion that they trigger, and length and depth of interviews.... but this is all off topic to the specific reason for the current anger - a station backflip over telecasting games that has triggered an angry reaction from Port fans.

And yesterday, Steven Rowe has a Port Adelaide player just after the 11 am news. Mathew Bode was on just before the 12 o’clock news and Nick Stevens from Carlton was on just after the 12 o’clock news.

Once again I'm aware of the general format, but its OT to the issue re telecasting of Fridays game. (which is what this thread was started in reaction to)

But your use of the words perception is appropriate, and also could be used in relation to Crows complaints abut the Tiser.

You guys have an issue with 5AA at the moment and you only hear what you want to hear. You only hear the crows supporters ringing up and whinging because that will give your perceived argument surrounding the bias credibility. Same as some Crows supporter only expect Michelangelo to right scandalous articles to giver there perceived bias credibility .

5DoubleCrow laugh with the Crows whingers calling us 'ferals' and turn down the Port callers.

There is bias against Port, and I perceive it.

Yes, but probably not often. And they don't let Port callers finish their arguments, and they argue the toss over some miniscule point to make the caller look silly, and they turn them down. They don't do that to Crows callers.

How so?

All the above are true, easily measurable, and beside the point.

What is not true is that Port get equal time to the Crows, and that they are treated equally by the Crow boys.

To a large extent I agree - I doubt that many Port callers are screened out. But I do believe that Port callers are treated quite differently to Crows callers. This results in far fewer Port callers than Crows callers, with those Port callers more likely to be hostile to 5DoubleCrow, which further polarises the groups.

Replies above.

Edit: OK OK Next time I'll do it better.

we have to put up with the following clowns

KG - mad crows supporter
Cornes - ex crows coach and crows supporter
McDermott - ex crows captain and crows supporter
Rowe - ex crows player and crows supporter
Wildy - crows supporter
the whole breakfast show crew - Conlan, Pilko, Jane Doyle, and McDermott...all crows supporters.. then we have to put up with blakey and his charles herringbone crap all footy season

Clearly Port get bugger all
Ebert and Dittmar are the only port supporters

where are our ex port coaches and ex port players that are REGULAR members of the broadcasting teams... and i dont just mean 1 morning a week or during a game or cameos from francou

you forgot the guy who used to do the traffic reports was a port supporter, now think works at the club so 1 out of 5.

Remove this Banner Ad

If you really want 5 cow cow to take notice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back