If you really want 5 cow cow to take notice

Remove this Banner Ad

the problem with all the bleating about 5aa sports show its still the number 1 for its time spot. also the game calls are number 1 in adelaide. For my point talk to much about 2 teams and nothing about any other team but will never change that. I did enoy the summer show of wildy and mcdermot let anyone talk and dont cut them off.

My take on this whole fiasco

Fact1. 5 double cow commentators publicly announce that due to the cows supporters not being able to attend the practice match in Alice springs, the cows game would be covered over the Power v Saints game. Fair Enough.

Fact 2. 5 double cow commentators publicly assure that if the positions were reversed that they would act the same way.

Fact 3. 5 double cow renege on their earlier assurance and decide to cover the 'home' game for the cows. Power supporters outraged over apparent backflip

Fact4. Bill + Ben the flower pot men (read as cornes + cunningtun) advise that the decision was a commercial decision.

I feel that the only way to prevent this happening again is to make a commercial point. By that I dont mean turn-off, thats what they would expect. But for those that normally would - keep listening, take advantage of the interviews with Power players + coaches etc. But whenever a commercial is played, take note of the company and ensure that you NEVER purchase their product or service (unless they are assoc with Port of course)

Sooner or later the companies that advertise on 5 double cow will ask the question why sales have DROPPED by 25-30%.

Sooner or later the companies that advertise on 5 double cow will ask the question why sales have DROPPED by 25-30%.

That's a bit optimistic mate, as I pointed out in my original post that got deleted for god knows what reason, it was a commercial decision. That means the advertisers wanted the increased exposure from the telecast of a Crows game.

That's a bit optimistic mate, as I pointed out in my original post that got deleted for god knows what reason, it was a commercial decision. That means the advertisers wanted the increased exposure from the telecast of a Crows game.

I don't listen to 5AA except maybe coming home from the footy and once in a blue moon.

If 5AA has a commercial interest and the Cows/Power ratio of support in Adelaide is, say 70/30, then doesn't it mean that every decision will always be slanted or bias towards the Cows.

Whenever there is a choice to be made in either the Cows or Powers favour, it will always, I repeat always go to the Cows becasue of commercial interest, after all 5AA is a business.

The reneg last week is just proof of this.

Cows fans who revelled in their own forum about last weekend's decision seem to be taking a differetn tone on here... just to score points.

I personally beleive that when something is bias against me or something I like, I turn off, only because there has to be an endorsement of that bias, which is something I refuse to do.

as I pointed out in my original post

Who cares about your original post? Nobody on this board does!:p

But just to humour you -

That means the advertisers wanted the increased exposure from the telecast of a Crows game

Thats fine, i NEVER said that this wasn't the reason it was done. My point is that anybody in business takes a huge gamble when a commercial decision alienates a signifcant portion of their customer base. If you dont think that 25-30% of people who listen to 5 double cows aren't Power supporters I think you are in never never land.

As a comparison look at the respective crowds that are achieved most weeks by both clubs. I dont think that a 70/75 - 30/25 split is too far wrong.

You should also take note of your own pissant supporters, incl bill + ben. Most have stated that they feel that they would have accepted the Power game being covered.

Do you feel that it is sound business practice to potentially PERMANENTLY alienate a significant portion of your customer base.

The bigger picture is how many listeners will be turned off by that 'commercial decision' versus performing a backflip in order to reach a larger listener base for a cows practice match.

They should have seen the writing on the wall - the cows aren't up and firing at the moment, mainly due to injuries and form, would you have expected them to seriously challenge a team that is looking like being one of the premiership fancies? I wonder how much of their 'larger' listner base turned off half way through the 3rd quarter.

But let them live by their decision. I for one will NEVER purchase a product or utilise a service that is advertised on 5 double cow, unless of course they are associated with the Power.

Who cares about your original post? Nobody on this board does!:p

But just to humour you -

Thats fine, i NEVER said that this wasn't the reason it was done. My point is that anybody in business takes a huge gamble when a commercial decision alienates a signifcant portion of their customer base. If you dont think that 25-30% of people who listen to 5 double cows aren't Power supporters I think you are in never never land.
And you expect every Port supporter to follow this boycott of yours? I think I've seen maybe one boycott work in my entire life. Will be lucky if even 3-4 people actually bother to go through with this.

Do you feel that it is sound business practice to potentially PERMANENTLY alienate a significant portion of your customer base.
I think it's sound business practice to introduce thousands of more people to a product and risk a few people actually boycotting your product (which as I said just won't happen in any significant number). The two practice matches were and will be the only time I listen to 5AA all year and there are many like me out there.
The bigger picture is how many listeners will be turned off by that 'commercial decision' versus performing a backflip in order to reach a larger listener base for a cows practice match.
I'm going to go with 3-4 people.
But let them live by their decision. I for one will NEVER purchase a product or utilise a service that is advertised on 5 double cow, unless of course they are associated with the Power.
I'm sure that will be hard, all I heard advertised was constipation medication and chairs for obese lazy people. I'll probably never purchase a product advertised on 5AA either.

Yes, let's all hail the pro-Port Adelaide Advertiser - apparently our propaganda rag - that slaps a big colour photo of Dean Brogan front and centre on the front page under the cleverly manipulated heading 'AFL boss warns wayward players - CLUB CRISIS' next to the article on Ben Cousins/WCE meltdown, thereby equating the two offences. Oh how they look after us.

There was some old codger who rang 5AA yesterday 'wondering' if Rucci would put the Brogan article on the front page (because Rucci of course wields such inordinate power at the tiser) - well he got his wish. I hope he feels better about Simon now.

0,,5423610,00.jpg

Yes, let's all hail the pro-Port Adelaide Advertiser - apparently our propaganda rag - that slaps a big colour photo of Dean Brogan front and centre on the front page under the cleverly manipulated heading 'AFL boss warns wayward players - CLUB CRISIS' next to the article on Ben Cousins/WCE meltdown, thereby equating the two offences. Oh how they look after us.

There was some old codger who rang 5AA yesterday 'wondering' if Rucci would put the Brogan article on the front page (because Rucci of course wields such inordinate power at the tiser) - well he got his wish. I hope he feels better about Simon now.
That is a disgrace. Faux news worthy, but at least Bill and his mates are entertaining.

Almost a case for slander....

Like you I think the front page treatment simply confirms that the constant whinging from Crows posters that the SA media is biased against them is just garbage.

Deans done something stupid and he's plastered all over the front page. Business as usual.

The sad thing is that his incident is minor in comparison to the resignation of a government minister from federal parliament for inappropriate share dealings. Yet the treatment in the Tiser is in inverse proportion to the relative importance of the two events.

0,,5423610,00.jpg

Actually the Brogan front page story was by the court reporter S Fewster while Rucci was banished to page 111 writing up the prospects of his fav AFL club. :)

Actually the Brogan front page story was by the court reporter S Fewster while Rucci was banished to page 111 writing up the prospects of his fav AFL club. :)

Yeah I know - I was having a dig at the silly old bugger who thought Rucci decided what went on the front page. Rucci did an article that appeared on page 4 where he sought comment from JJ and Trigg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

If you really want 5 cow cow to take notice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back