If you were the head of the AFL - What penalty would you hand down?

Would you hand punishment down to Essendon?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people have explained to you that ASADA doesn't decide penalties. You have either ignored this point or attacked the people telling you.

5 minutes research would have nipped this thread in the bud.

Your original premise was completely and utterly absurd.

Thats why it was going to end badly....and why it actually did.
I haven't ignored the point at all, I have openly said I made an error, and I certainly haven't attacked anyone.

And I wouldn't say this has ended badly at all, I asked a question and got some answers which expands my knowledge on the matter. Sure the thread didn't need to descend into bullshit, but for what it's worth, I've learnt a bit.

2 year ban for dopers and support staff
Life ban for Hird (including Xmas party)
Paul Little suspended for 6 months
No Anzac Day clash
Dopers' children are ineligible for F/S pick
No air raid siren for 3 years
Fund 2 year contract extension for Paul Roos

That pretty much covers it.

What did Roos do to deserve that??

I'd block ALL draft picks, trading and access to free agency for 2 years have essendon playing for zero points for a season. $10 Million dollar fine, paid for by diverting payments from the clubs future fund.
Use it as a rallying cry to have all coaches "trained" and registered by the league, blocking anyone who's been found to have "bought the game into disrepute" blocked from being accredited.

This way TV rights aren't violated.
Essendon is seen to have taken its right whack, while in reality only the draft picks and trading hurt the club, which is manageable.
Teams operations actually aren't affected by the fine and if they get in serious trouble the AFL can "Increase" future fund payments to pay the fine off quicker.
Hird is kicked out on his arse and the league can now deal with coaches misconduct directly.

in the end everybodys happy, on the surface the club takes a mammoth hit.
reality it's only a 2 year set back and the league controls the money for the fine
every sensible person see's hirds removal and new registration for coaches as a positive step to prevent players being taken advantage of in the future.

then commission a "working party" comprised of clubs that haven't been involved in any ASADA or workcover investigation to assure everyone its above board. (this is actually for my own shits and giggles as it means no victorian club can be a part of it and the media meltdown would be hilarious)

I think they deliberately cheated and the players pretty much knew what was going on, but allowed themselves to think they weren't responsible and could deny any wrongdoing.

2 years for everyone, Hird doesn't receive coaching registration ever, loss of first round draft picks for the next 4 years, another $2 million dollar fine, ban the club from using painkillers or any performance enabler, and a restriction on Essendon's ability to trade or use free agency for 4 years.

I'd block ALL draft picks, trading and access to free agency for 2 years have essendon playing for zero points for a season. $10 Million dollar fine, paid for by diverting payments from the clubs future fund.
Use it as a rallying cry to have all coaches "trained" and registered by the league, blocking anyone who's been found to have "bought the game into disrepute" blocked from being accredited.

This way TV rights aren't violated.
Essendon is seen to have taken its right whack, while in reality only the draft picks and trading hurt the club, which is manageable.
Teams operations actually aren't affected by the fine and if they get in serious trouble the AFL can "Increase" future fund payments to pay the fine off quicker.
Hird is kicked out on his arse and the league can now deal with coaches misconduct directly.

in the end everybodys happy, on the surface the club takes a mammoth hit.
reality it's only a 2 year set back and the league controls the money for the fine
every sensible person see's hirds removal and new registration for coaches as a positive step to prevent players being taken advantage of in the future.

then commission a "working party" comprised of clubs that haven't been involved in any ASADA or workcover investigation to assure everyone its above board. (this is actually for my own shits and giggles as it means no victorian club can be a part of it and the media meltdown would be hilarious)

Brilliant, well thought out penalty :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back