I'm ashamed

Remove this Banner Ad

I like many have stayed away from this forum since the loss as I didn't want to say anything I may regret later but I am still as pi$$ed off as I was when I watched that insipid performance.

Gav U disposal as supposedly one of the best kicks at the club was nothing short of discraseful IMO and they killed us in the middle. Lets think about that for a second shall we, we were torn apart by a souless, winless club and every shot of laidley showed him just calmly accepting it.

Sorry but I can't calmly take it like Laidley.

What's more worrying is that our last seven games have been pretty poor.

Possibly the Doggies game a couple of weeks ago was acceptable, but the conditions did suit us that day. Melbourne and Essendon we won but you wouldn't call either particularly convincing.

As for the other four....

the writing was on the wall when we got smashed in round 22 last year and then lost yet another final..... The board should have realised that nothing more could be achieved with Laidley still at the helm, he has ran his race and nearly ruined the footy club along the way, we traded away two high (possibly first rounders) draft picks for Nathan Thompson (yes i liked Thommo) but we should have been taking the kids in preparation for these shitty arsed times..... quick, skilled, SMART footballers..... and not piss farted around taking blokes like Picioane, Thurley, Powell, McConnell, Green, Power, Rawlings (2 years too late) Hay .. etc - because it has completely stuffed us up right at this point in time!
We don't need to keep bringing in a coach who has somehow been involved with the footy club ..... it has been happening for years and it is time for a change, everything is stale and absolutely stagnated. IMO Daniel Wells will either walk away from the club (i wouldn't blame him after what that creature said about him) or he will play well IF we bring in a new coach.
Either way, at the moment we are not good enough, too slow, not strong enough, players are arguing with one another... it happened numerous times on saturday night, playing a pathetic style of ultra defensive apprehensive footy, and i seriously think that the players aren;t as fit as they used to be.
Nobody could EVER..EVER tell me that footy is that much quicker than what it was in the 90s... and blokes were playing full matches on the ball without an extended rest. 1994 final v Hawks out at waverly, brutal, quick and exciting footy... much better than the shit we are dished up on a week to week basis in 2009. Every club bar Geelong makes it hard to watch and I'm just about over it.
We may come out and best the Pies on friday night but the holes are still there and are getting harder and harder to plug.

the writing was on the wall when we got smashed in round 22 last year and then lost yet another final..... The board should have realised that nothing more could be achieved with Laidley still at the helm, he has ran his race and nearly ruined the footy club along the way, we traded away two high (possibly first rounders) draft picks for Nathan Thompson (yes i liked Thommo) but we should have been taking the kids in preparation for these shitty arsed times..... quick, skilled, SMART footballers..... and not piss farted around taking blokes like Picioane, Thurley, Powell, McConnell, Green, Power, Rawlings (2 years too late) Hay .. etc - because it has completely stuffed us up right at this point in time!
We don't need to keep bringing in a coach who has somehow been involved with the footy club ..... it has been happening for years and it is time for a change, everything is stale and absolutely stagnated. IMO Daniel Wells will either walk away from the club (i wouldn't blame him after what that creature said about him) or he will play well IF we bring in a new coach.
Either way, at the moment we are not good enough, too slow, not strong enough, players are arguing with one another... it happened numerous times on saturday night, playing a pathetic style of ultra defensive apprehensive footy, and i seriously think that the players aren;t as fit as they used to be.
Nobody could EVER..EVER tell me that footy is that much quicker than what it was in the 90s... and blokes were playing full matches on the ball without an extended rest. 1994 final v Hawks out at waverly, brutal, quick and exciting footy... much better than the shit we are dished up on a week to week basis in 2009. Every club bar Geelong makes it hard to watch and I'm just about over it.
We may come out and best the Pies on friday night but the holes are still there and are getting harder and harder to plug.
The Port game was a huge indicator the shinboner spirit was being killed. The way they played for Grant and top 4 was appauling. The way Dean fired up the Swans with his comments before the final, combined with the selections, the Gibbo drama, the laying down, and Deans inability to counteract flooding should have had alarm bells ringing. Not sure why Dean has been able to have free reign since.
Our useless performances in NAB cup games with full strength teams is hurting a team busting its ass for members. No one wants to be involved with a team that gets embarrassed out of finals every year either. We have so many problems its not funny.

I think you guys are being too hard on your team and yourselves. The Kanga's started well and i thought here comes another 10 goal drubbing. To our credit we tackled and chased hard and some things fell into place (like Nahas and the forward pressure).

I feel bad for Harvey, thats some Richo-esque bad luck right there. Hope he comes back from it. Look on the brightside, you arent Richmond supporters ;)

I think you guys are being too hard on your team and yourselves. The Kanga's started well and i thought here comes another 10 goal drubbing. To our credit we tackled and chased hard and some things fell into place (like Nahas and the forward pressure).

I feel bad for Harvey, thats some Richo-esque bad luck right there. Hope he comes back from it. Look on the brightside, you arent Richmond supporters ;)
You really dont know what its like to be belted by Richmond do you?

I admire you trying to cheer us up TigerHunter, but the fact was that Richmond were shit and we were just outright disgraceful.

The winner of this game was always going to be who stunk it up the least and that was Richmond. Wallace must have thought it was Xmas when he finally came across a team who were unable to take advantage of the Tiger turnovers.

Even if we had managed to scrape a win I would have been disappointed, just like the Essendon game, because we are playing football like a big pile of steaming shit!

We have seen this brand of football before guys, think back to the last time Laidley's contract was up. Exactly the same crap was dished up.

He is coaching to save his job, not entertain the members.

I have been to every game, but I'm not going Friday night. For me to put myself out to go into the city, with the prospect of seeing that same around the boundary & backwards negative crap. I'm staying home.

The good news is that they have to tell Laidley mid year that he will not be kept on. The players & fans need a change!

We have seen this brand of football before guys, think back to the last time Laidley's contract was up. Exactly the same crap was dished up.

I have been to every game, but I'm not going Friday night. For me to put myself out to go into the city, with the prospect of seeing that same around the boundary & backwards negative crap. I'm staying home.

The good news is that they have to tell Laidley mid year that he will not be kept on. The players & fans need a change!

The last time Laidley's contract was up was 2007 and if I recall correctly we made a PF and played some exciting footy that year.

And just in case you didn't realise but a coach's main perogative is to win and not to entertain the members. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Sadly, I have to agree.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm ashamed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back