I'm gutted. Congratulations Sydney. 4 points seems like so little.

Remove this Banner Ad

Timbothecat said:
You can't be serious. I watched my beloved cats lose by 6, 35, 86 and 65 pts over a 6 year period. Going by your theory I should have been almost happy with the 3rd one.

I never said anything about getting pumped. Of course I'm glad we put up a good fight, but when you lose by less than a kick, there are so many "what ifs?".

In reality, I wouldn't trade our 4 point loss for a 10. But it would be a little easier to digest at this point.

Gunnar Longshanks said:
Why don't you just type:

"You lost.. nyah-nyah-nyah-nyah-nyah"?

I've admitted that we've lost. I think that goes without saying.

I'm disappointed but I'm certainly not crippled to the point where I can't blow you out of the water.

I just don't see why you're in a position to gloat when your team wasn't even competitive.

Collingwood are a rabble and WC narrowly missed out on a flag. Full credit to the Swans, but Collingwood are still a joke.

Why do you think you're in a position to gloat about anything?

The team you support are a disgrace.

watching you and Unit breakdown and fall to pieces tonight has capped off my season beautifully. You can try to take all you want from this but believe me (from recent experience) you walk away from a losing GF with F-all. You are back to 0 wins - the opposition have a better understanding of how to match up your players and you have no priority picks. Absolutley no guarantee of anything next year. Good midfield (great) but crap key forwards. Could finish 4-10 next year

Macpie said:
watching you and Unit breakdown and fall to pieces tonight has capped off my season beautifully. You can try to take all you want from this but believe me (from recent experience) you walk away from a losing GF with F-all. You are back to 0 wins - the opposition have a better understanding of how to match up your players and you have no priority picks. Absolutley no guarantee of anything next year. Good midfield (great) but crap key forwards. Could finish 4-10 next year

dont think it will sink in

denial is a funny thing , i still think in their minds they think they are the best thing since the back to back to back to back legends

Macpie said:
You would have drawn that conclusion regardless of how I had acted in the aftermath of today's loss.

I'm here to take my medicine.

I'm disappointed but I'm certainly not the broken man that so many of you seem desperate to believe I am.

WC will be better in 2006, and as of today, that's all that matters.

Gunnar Longshanks said:
You would have drawn that conclusion regardless of how I had acted in the aftermath of today's loss.

I'm disappointed but I'm certainly not the broken man that so many of you seem desperate to believe I am.

wow..that counts for nothing

wow...keep thinking that and it will get you through the next few days

Gunnar Longshanks said:

Pleasant dreams, Gunnar!

Milkman said:
I never said anything about getting pumped. Of course I'm glad we put up a good fight, but when you lose by less than a kick, there are so many "what ifs?".

In reality, I wouldn't trade our 4 point loss for a 10. But it would be a little easier to digest at this point.

I can imagine you'd be happy if you had of lost by 10-22 points because wtih 4 you have that sick feeling in your mind that you were within an accurate kick of a premiership whereas 10 or 22 the game just slipped away but you have the respect of every team but you wouldn't have the thought of "If _______ had of kicked that straight...".

I feel sorry for ya mate. A few of your supporters, I'll admit, do have whatever the cop coming but the rest don't. Good luck next season.

Gunnar Longshanks said:

Thats what alot of us Port fans thought this time last year aswell. :rolleyes:

Look at the Collingwood vultures taking cheap-shots at supporters of a losing GF side.

Will this make you feel better about losing 2002-03?

Who are you kidding?

Collingwood are a rabble in decline, while WC are a young side that will only improve.

You can stick the boot in all you want regarding today's 4-point loss, but let's not pretend that Collingwood will be even remotely competitive next year.

Get over yourselves. I hope your cheapshots make you feel a little better about how crap your team is.

If you expect me to collapse into a blubbering mess then you're dead wrong.

I will be here to ridicule your club for a long time. Last time I checked, my team is better than yours.

Next.....

Gunnar Longshanks said:

And may the glimpses of good grace and humility that you have displayed this evening increasingly embrace your BF posts from now on. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahh. Gunnar. Good on you for showing up here tonight to cop a bagging from every half baked sod with internet access.

Not really interested in bagging the Eagles performance in finishing runners-up, but more interested to see what you thought of the game. The ineptness of both sides across the half forward lines was painfully obvious for long periods. This was a game that a Brisbane 2001-03 or a Port 2004 would have had sewn up at half time.

Including Matera would have made a difference, not sure if it would have won you the game. Gardiner was shocking, he is your Corey McKernan. What about your kick outs? Some hairy moments there.

Gunnar Longshanks said:
Look at the Collingwood vultures taking cheap-shots at supporters of a losing GF side.

Who are you kidding?

Collingwood are a rabble in decline, while WC are a young side that will only improve.

You can stick the boot in all you want regarding today's 4-point loss, but let's not pretend that Collingwood will be even remotely competitive next year.

Get over yourselves. I hope your cheapshots make you feel a little better about how crap your team is.

I will be here to ridicule your club for a long time. Last time I checked, my team is better than yours.

Next.....
I really don't think you understand.

It is not about the club you support, it is the way you go about your posting.

Give it some thought. ;)

Kapow!!! said:
I can imagine you'd be happy if you had of lost by 10-22 points because wtih 4 you have that sick feeling in your mind that you were within an accurate kick of a premiership whereas 10 or 22 the game just slipped away but you have the respect of every team but you wouldn't have the thought of "If _______ had of kicked that straight...".

I feel sorry for ya mate. A few of your supporters, I'll admit, do have whatever the cop coming but the rest don't. Good luck next season.
Fair comment.

I actually think that Sydney deserved to win.

We can obsess about missed opportunities, but, by the same token, if Sydney had capitalised they would have won by 4 goals.

It sucks to lose in a close game, but it just reflects the fact that WC weren't quite good enough.

I'm disappointed. But I still think there are a lot of positives out of this season.

This is just the beginning.

Gunnar Longshanks said:

Who are you kidding?

Next.....

congratulations on supporting this year's highest ranked LOSERS! your participation certificate is in the mail!

Gunnar Longshanks said:

Who are you kidding?

Next.....

as opposed to the high flying eagles ?

nothing makes 2002 and 2003 any better except the fact we lost to the best side since 1930.
you lost to sydney

you cant collapse into a blubbering mess if thats better than where you come from

your vaunted side is weeping into their beers tonight , they are no better than the other 14 losers

Gunnar Longshanks said:
Fair comment.

I actually think that Sydney deserved to win.

We can obsess about missed opportunities, but, by the same token, if Sydney had capitalised they would have won by 4 goals.

It sucks to lose in a close game, but it just reflects the fact that WC weren't quite good enough.

I'm disappointed. But I still think there are a lot of positives out of this season.

This is just the beginning.

Mate, with your gun midfield and players like Hansen who are still young key position players I can understate that you'll be seeing the last saturday in September a few more times in the next decade.

Showbag said:
Ahh. Gunnar. Good on you for showing up here tonight to cop a bagging from every half baked sod with internet access.

Not really interested in bagging the Eagles performance in finishing runners-up, but more interested to see what you thought of the game. The ineptness of both sides across the half forward lines was painfully obvious for long periods. This was a game that a Brisbane 2001-03 or a Port 2004 would have had sewn up at half time.

Including Matera would have made a difference, not sure if it would have won you the game. Gardiner was shocking, he is your Corey McKernan. What about your kick outs? Some hairy moments there.
I think it was a very close game, and a lot of sweeping pronouncements will be made to explain the result, even though it could have gone either way.

That said, I think Sydney played the better football throughout.

I think they used the ball better and made less handling/disposal errors. They were cleaner by hand and foot and sent the ball forward with much more purpose than WC did.

From time-to-time, WC's midfield surged. Against any other side we might have won the game in a 10-minute burst.

But Sydney were too tough. Their "duds" stepped up and played well. By contrast, our bottom-tier went missing. We had 7-8 good players. They were good enough to get us close, but they weren't good enough to push us over the line when it got really tight.

WC's forward-line will get a baking. I think some of it is deserved. But I think a big part of it is about how we sent the ball forward, and about the commitment of the Sydney players to getting numbers back.

The record will reflect that Sydney won by 4 points. But I reckon they were the better side and should have won by 15-20 points.

I'm disappointed, but not nearly as depressed as many might love to believe.

WC will be back next year and we will be better.

Well done to the Swans. They played the more effective brand of footy and are deserving Premiers.

Macpie said:
congratulations on supporting this year's highest ranked LOSERS! your participation certificate is in the mail!
trebuchet said:
as opposed to the high flying eagles ?

nothing makes 2002 and 2003 any better except the fact we lost to the best side since 1930.
you lost to sydney

you cant collapse into a blubbering mess if thats better than where you come from

your vaunted side is weeping into their beers tonight , they are no better than the other 14 losers
Who are you guys trying to fool?

WC lost a GF by 4 points. I'm obviously not happy about it, but do you think these inane comments will make me more disappointed?

Do you really think that any of your comments are making me feel this disappointment more keenly?

If anything, this is therapy for me. I feel much better about the loss having had the opportunity to dump on a couple of desperate, pathetic Collingwood supporters.

Thank you for your time.

Gunnar Longshanks said:
I'm disappointed but I'm certainly not crippled to the point where I can't blow you out of the water.

but look at the bright side ....tomorrow you will feel worse :D

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm gutted. Congratulations Sydney. 4 points seems like so little.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back