I'm not falling for it this year!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Farren Ray is a good/great buy if you had him from the start. I initially had him, which meant Goodwin in the forward line, but ended up going for Gibbs/Daisy and I imagine both combinations will probably dish up about the same scoring prowess.

I wouldn't be trading for Ray now though, it is to much of a sideways trade... He isn't a guaranteed premium, to much of an unknown to be spending a trade on. Plus he only has limited cash cowing ability (he isn't gonna shoot much over 400k over the year), I'd be more inclined to bring in a Rich/Otten/Robinson, they will average a lower score while you have them, but they will earn you significantly more green and allow you to upgrade to a full blown premium.

Good buy if you had him from the start though, wouldn't bundle him in the 'Brennan' basket.

Freako has him. Make of that what you will.

Freako also said on SEN yesterday that Shannon Cox was a great buy in the backline as a replacement for Raines.

Farren Ray is a good/great buy if you had him from the start. I initially had him, which meant Goodwin in the forward line, but ended up going for Gibbs/Daisy and I imagine both combinations will probably dish up about the same scoring prowess.

I wouldn't be trading for Ray now though, it is to much of a sideways trade... He isn't a guaranteed premium, to much of an unknown to be spending a trade on. Plus he only has limited cash cowing ability (he isn't gonna shoot much over 400k over the year), I'd be more inclined to bring in a Rich/Otten/Robinson, they will average a lower score while you have them, but they will earn you significantly more green and allow you to upgrade to a full blown premium.

Good buy if you had him from the start though, wouldn't bundle him in the 'Brennan' basket.

So in other words, hes not going to be a keeper in the mids, and hes not gonna make too much cash, hence he is not a good buy,

I gave him some thought at the start, but he was at a awkward price. I knew his output would increase, as he is playing the rebounding defender role.

If he was a defender I would have picked him

Agreed. His average will even out at somewhere in the low 80's at a complete guess.

But I remember someone doing some stats of mature players traded to a new club. Because their new club sees potential in them, they give them a bigger role at their new club, more games, more TOG etc. I think the stats that were done concluded that the majority of traded players (that play the majority of the year) score much better than they ever did at their previous club.

When st kilda works out he is a squib - and gets dropped.

I think he'll be exactly in the brennan basket.

i watchedlast nights game and was staggered ray scored so highly

not sure he'll still be in the team come round 6

I think you meran Bret not Scott Thornton but who cares.

Farren Ray ticks a number of boxes - new role new club etc.

I don't think he's the only fast starter getting attention - you must decide whether it is sustainable, and if you don't think they will be there at rd 6 they should be off your radar.

I do think you should pay attention to players who are doing well - quite often a player will have a break out year and their average will increase significantly. There is no point ignoring them, just have to decide whether it is for real.

as a st kilda fan i think he is definately here to stay.
i was completely amazed when i found out he scored 97 last night. did not notice him at all, at least in terms of dream team and to score that is really impressive. however we have won both matches so i think when we lose he will do considerably worse but should play 22 games and average about 81-83.
not worth trading in though because hes not good enough to be a keeper and it is a sideways trade. just one of those players that you have to pick before rd1 who give you a successful dream team. i.e. mundy, thomas, lovett, butler, skipworth, higgins etc. all those ones

If he was a back I would have bought him.

I think he's capable of an ~85 average, but it's not worth that much in the mids. Definitely wouldn't trade him in though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am going to say this years is going to be leigh harding, 2 great scores lots of people will jump on him before his price goes up

hmm
after watching the first 2 games i seriously think harding is the real deal

his role is very different to what he has done throughout his career

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not falling for it this year!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back