I'm over this year

Remove this Banner Ad

it's a very strange feeling to think that the finals are out of our reach, especially at this stage of the season. But hey, I still live in hope:confused: If we get over the Tiges we could end up with 3 on the trot, I reckon the boys just need a bit if confidence. Confidence in themselves and in each other.

Like Harris 10 said, it strange thinking, wow how good would it be to have a top 3 draft pick BUT I'd much rather have a Saturday (or Sunday) night where I'm not as grumpy as hell.

Time is nigh for a win....there is ALWAYS hope of a win!

Sounds like we need access to the Club psychiatrist (or is it psychologist?). We should be able to get a discount for a group booking.

In a perfect world we would win every game and be deliriously happy all the time. But maybe losing occasionally is what makes winning feel so good? This year we've been losing too often and playing crap football. None of our recruits is playing brilliantly (understatement of the year award?). Wellsy began the year as one of the Brownlow favourites and would be lucky to be top twenty now. Our forwards are generally no threat. Membership is down below the Bulldogs, we don't know where we're playing next year and our VFL sides started with a bang and....

Anyway, I'm going tomorrow. I don't expect to win but I hope we do (even though I've tipped the Tiges). I'm hoping to see flashes of brilliance from Wellsy, good steady ruckwork etc from Haley and a bit of an effort from Boomer and the usual stuff from Arch (please Arch don't smash anyone or I'll be reconsidering my position).

I used to sweat on the selected side on Thursday afternoon but now I just look it up in Friday's paper if I remember. I used to pick my own team for next week straight after our previous game and ponder positional changes all week. Now I don't bother because it's too hard to anticipate what they will do at selection and almost nobody's playing well enough to deserve promotion.

I don't hope for Dean to be sacked (even though I reckon he's only one thrashing away from pulling the pin) and I love Simmo (even though he can't kick too well). I will always support the team (as long as they are Kangas and play in Royal Blue and White). I will always buy a membership as long as I can see them regularly in Melbourne (even if I choose not to go because it's too depressing).

People on here are calling for sackings and droppings. All in all it's been a terrible year and I can relate to everyone's comments on this thread.

OK, therapy session over. I feel much better now, thanks. Where do I pay?;)

Gabbie said:
Sure is. Probably jumped on the north bandwagon in the early '90's. A TRUE supporter sticks with their team, during good and bad. Some of us even fly 2000k to see their team when it's a long weekend. Yahoo GO ROOS THIS SAT.

Look at the Pies mob - didn't have success in GF's for 38 years but they were still breeding.

unfortunately we may suffer from this quick fix and satisfaction generation. a lot would of joined as roo supporters in the 90s and expect it to continue.

die hard roo fans are true shinboners.

im not over it i just wish i could get to a game but working weekends is killing me

I've never known what its like to not go to the footy every week. As a kid i had little choice or little idea what i was watching, but when i was old enough to start understanding it all every week, i remember that there was always hope every week and at the very least you never gave up on the feeling that next year and beyond might be our turn.

The late 80's/early 90's were tough going sometimes, especially when we were losing games we were good enough to win. But there was always the pleasure of watching young blokes who you were really hopeful would be good players of the future. And when it all starting turning our way, it was the best time i can remember, especially after enduring the not so happy times week in and week out.

I wont be missing out on that again.

Thats the deal when you support a footy club. Thick and thin. The tough times kill you, but they just make the good times that much better.

Loyalty and patience is the key as you cant win em all.

Our time will come and wont it be sensational.

You can gauge a persons character better when there team is losing compared to when there team is winning.

Lets stick together and support our side, not this negative crap

Thanks for all your responses to my topic guys, found it really interesting, I guess I have been spoilt as a Roo supporter and just not used to being this low, lets just hope this is our only bad year, but I'm worried it might not be, especially if Laidley remains.

I must admit that I went to the Adelaide and St.Kilda games thinking, "What's the point of this?" and, "Surely there's something better to do." But I went anyway and didn't get absorbed in the games at all and walked away with a feeling of resignation that what I thought would happen did happen.

I think there's something to be said for supporters who are fickle. Acceptance of mediocrity is a disease that's hard to shake off - ask Geelong. It's sometimes good for a club to get a wake up call by supporters who don't place their bums on the seats.

Having said that, I'm loyal. I'll go every week, and probably the feeling I had against St.Kilda and Adelaide will return. We've been spoilt as Roos fans. Not many clubs have avoided a total shocker of a season every year since 1992. The wheel has come around again for us and thankfully it came around slowly. Let's hope it keeps moving and we're back to the top again soon. In the meantime, there's still plenty to go and see with the Roos. We have some good developing players who'll take us on the roller coaster over the next few years. Just think how sweet it'll be when the Roos are back after a stint in the wilderness.

Marstermind said:
I must admit that I went to the Adelaide and St.Kilda games thinking, "What's the point of this?" and, "Surely there's something better to do." But I went anyway and didn't get absorbed in the games at all and walked away with a feeling of resignation that what I thought would happen did happen.

I think there's something to be said for supporters who are fickle. Acceptance of mediocrity is a disease that's hard to shake off - ask Geelong. It's sometimes good for a club to get a wake up call by supporters who don't place their bums on the seats.

Having said that, I'm loyal. I'll go every week, and probably the feeling I had against St.Kilda and Adelaide will return. We've been spoilt as Roos fans. Not many clubs have avoided a total shocker of a season every year since 1992. The wheel has come around again for us and thankfully it came around slowly. Let's hope it keeps moving and we're back to the top again soon. In the meantime, there's still plenty to go and see with the Roos. We have some good developing players who'll take us on the roller coaster over the next few years. Just think how sweet it'll be when the Roos are back after a stint in the wilderness.

Nup. Stuff that crap. I'm over it too. To play like that against a beatable opponent just bites. I'll go the games from now on because I'll make use of my membership, but if changes aren't made at the end of the year.....
I've got other things in my life that give me more pleasure than that.

Marstermind said:
Nup. Stuff that crap. I'm over it too. To play like that against a beatable opponent just bites. I'll go the games from now on because I'll make use of my membership, but if changes aren't made at the end of the year.....
I've got other things in my life that give me more pleasure than that.

That's the way Marstermind. Don't accept these smokescreens as an excuse to lower your loyalty PRIDE which I feel some ppl like Mighty Mick (where is he hiding????) is too embarrassed to admit that JYD is killing our team also.

The JYD EGO BUBBLE has to burst sooner or later. The players played for the 'fallen supporter' last week. Make No mistake.

Losing to the toothless Tigers FFS???? :mad:

roorat said:
may'be thats the difference between us and carlton and collingwood supporters(e.g) Die Hard i think they call it.
...every club supporter has die hards.... they just have more mo-fo's that give a $hit and come to games. We don't. Nothing seperates us as a passionate core that 'bleeds and bites' for our clubs. NOTHING!!

Carlos said:
Thats the deal when you support a footy club. Thick and thin. The tough times kill you, but they just make the good times that much better.

That sentiment is fine when you've got a team in Melbourne, but mark my words...... we will end up on the Gold Coast, and that will mean at least half the membership in Melbourne will drop off, and then there will be no more good times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

roofus said:
That sentiment is fine when you've got a team in Melbourne, but mark my words...... we will end up on the Gold Coast, and that will mean at least half the membership in Melbourne will drop off, and then there will be no more good times.
Just out of curiosity,wondered what the figures are with melbourne and interstate memberships

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm over this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back