Important Message: Be At Arden Street This Friday

Remove this Banner Ad

Have the midnight horror from Perth tonight. I'll be there with bells on Friday to see the boys run around before the big game on Monday. Looking forward to watching us trounce the dons for the seventh consecutive season on easter monday also!

Happy Easter!

Will be heading down to training on Friday.

Really want to support the Peninsula Ladies and have a sausage or 2.

Wife reminded me that it is Good Friday and no meat allowed.

I replied that they are sausages, and that there is probably no meat in them anyway.

Question are sausages meat!! and are they allowed to be eaten on Good Friday.

Will be heading down to training on Friday.

Really want to support the Peninsula Ladies and have a sausage or 2.

Wife reminded me that it is Good Friday and no meat allowed.

I replied that they are sausages, and that there is probably no meat in them anyway.

Question are sausages meat!! and are they allowed to be eaten on Good Friday.

Sausages are definitely meat. We can quibble over the percentage, but there's meat in there somewhere.

As to whether or not you are allowed to eat them - well, that depends on your religion, and how observant you are.

Personally, I find a diet of hot cross buns and beer pretty much ticks off the major food groups and ensures I will not be going to hell. ;)

Sausages are definitely meat. We can quibble over the percentage, but there's meat in there somewhere.

As to whether or not you are allowed to eat them - well, that depends on your religion, and how observant you are.
Personally, I find a diet of hot cross buns and beer pretty much ticks off the major food groups and ensures I will not be going to hell. ;)

I'm sure the good Ladies from the Peninsula will give the customers exactly what they want on GF. If you don't eat meat they'll sell you a 'vegetarian sausage'. If it's meat you want, then it's meat you'll get, even if it's just the sausage casings and a few bits of whatever.

Whilst on the subject of GF, how do you figure non-practising Catholics who have fish and chips every Friday night and non-practising Protestants who won't allow anyone in the house to eat meat on GF (not even a dim sim - are dimmies like sausages, i.e remotely connected with 'meat' in some way?).

I'm spewing that i can't make it no more. Something popped up. Shame but i hope some of you other guys and gals a chance and tell us how they go.
Your status as a fanatical North supporter is questionable.

Great turn out today. I reckon maybe 1-2k fans, I could be wrong.
Crowd looked great with a sea of 2008 member caps.

Many Non players in attendance:
Arch, Colbert
Brayshaw, Tim Rogers, De Rauche..

A great family atmosphere with heaps of kids milling around and having a kick.

Membership tent looked busy and Roo shop was packed.

Jess Sinclair was working hard running after the main group had left the park and stayed behind signing heaps of autographs.
Noticed Edwards & Petrie were very popular and stayed around for a long long time also.

Skills looked pretty sharp in the game simulation IMO.
Boomer - Doesn't mis a target,
Harris - Love his work rate,
Jones - Clean hands,
McIntosh - Dominates the ruck.

Leigh Brown seemed to leave the track early.

A few BF'ers in attendance, Yianni, Pharro and more I'm sure....

Happy to hear more reports.
But gee I'm pumped for Monday.

Arch, Colbert

Jess Sinclair was working hard running after the main group had left the park and stayed behind signing heaps of autographs.
Noticed Edwards & Petrie were very popular and stayed around for a long long time also.

Jones - Clean hands,

A few BF'ers in attendance, Yianni, Pharro, more I'm sure....

Yep, Zondor attended. Behind Xmas, Good Friday has gots to be one of the most boring days on this planet but this year the mighty NMFC trained and finally Good Friday was Good in my eyes.:thumbsu:

Another ex NMFC player I saw in attendance was David King. Seemed somewhat surprised that we hadn't relocated to the Gold Coast by now. I'd imagine he was doing a little spying for Tewwy as we play the Tiges next week. I think he realised that the Tiges are gonna get smashed.

J.W. Smith didn't train with the main group and only did a bit of one of one work. Gee if he plays half a game in the VFL this week he'll be doing well because he did bugger all other then hand skills. Not sure if he ran around with the main group for the warm up as a came a touch late but he certainly didn't kick the ball or run when I was there.:(

The group looked reasonably sharp. Sure there was the odd errant kick and dropped mark but in the main they looked good. Plenty of talking and the spirits of the guys seemed high.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few hundred there. No where close to a thousand!

Those that are playing for North Ballarat tomorrow cane off the gound early. A good tip as to who won't be in our side. Jesse Smith is a part of that group. Brownie also came off with that group so I think we can rule him out. Turtle stayed on to the end so he will be in the side.

I'm heading out to Ararat tomorrow to watch the North Ballarat boys play. It will be obvious who is in by then. I'll post a report of how the boys go.

Good training session. All the boys trained. A few separate from the main group. Jesse Sinclair was having to catch the ball left handed, but was still doing a bit of kick to kick and ran some drills.

Arch, Colbert

Jones - Clean hands,

Leigh Brown seemed to leave the track early.

A few BF'ers in attendance, Yianni, Pharro and more I'm sure....

I was there also, crowd was bigger than I expected, then again we do have 27+ members:D

Those that are playing for North Ballarat tomorrow cane off the gound early. A good tip as to who won't be in our side. Jesse Smith is a part of that group. Brownie also came off with that group so I think we can rule him out. Turtle stayed on to the end so he will be in the side.

I'm heading out to Ararat tomorrow to watch the North Ballarat boys play. It will be obvious who is in by then. I'll post a report of how the boys go.

Good training session. All the boys trained. A few separate from the main group. Jesse Sinclair was having to catch the ball left handed, but was still doing a bit of kick to kick and ran some drills.
Nah, Brown came off early cause they are saving him. Sam Power on the other hand was made to train up until the bitter end.

excellent stuff. is it highly possible that on Monday we will have more supporters at the game than the opposition ??? the only time that ever happens is when we play the China Demons.

excellent stuff. is it highly possible that on Monday we will have more supporters at the game than the opposition ??? the only time that ever happens is when we play the China Demons.
Don't forget the Vietnamese / Sudanese Bulldogs.

Another one of the rookies who stayed out on the track right to the very end was Jackson Archer so I expect him to make his debut Monday.

Another one of the rookies who stayed out on the track right to the very end was Jackson Archer so I expect him to make his debut Monday.

And nice to see him wearing Spud's number.

Have to agree with Jschwag's crowd estimation - couple of hundred, tops. Quality over quantity.

Personally worked my way through two hot cross buns and a latte. Am giving my all for the team in 2008. :thumbsu:

And nice to see him wearing Spud's number.

Have to agree with Jschwag's crowd estimation - couple of hundred, tops. Quality over quantity.

Personally worked my way through two hot cross buns and a latte. Am giving my all for the team in 2008. :thumbsu:

Yes especially the way you threw yourself on that last one just as Leigh Brown was reaching for it... very selfless team orientated, kudos to you.

Yes especially the way you threw yourself on that last one just as Leigh Brown was reaching for it... very selfless team orientated, kudos to you.

Did I mention his lovely eyes?

Your status as a fanatical North supporter is questionable.

Pfft, my intention was to go to the training and only something coming up stopped me going. Question me as long as you want, at the end of the day, i'm just as loyal as any other North Supporter.

I'm concerned about the number of people there today with Pharro type hats. Looks like we will need to ditch the scarves next year and offer a hat with an early membership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Important Message: Be At Arden Street This Friday

Remove this Banner Ad

Back