Computers & Internet Imposter Landline calls

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. Because the Indians in their illegal scam call centre in Mumbai are super worried about our Do Not Call register. :rolleyes:

first world crime versus third world crime.

Same as those drone pilots in pine gap are really worried about the kids in the weddings they bomb.

My parents added their home number to this list and they still get calls at least once every 2 days from telemarketers/scammers.

Got a nice email from the police yesterday saying that I've been charged with negligent driving and I need to pay an $89 fine! Didn't know VicPol link email addresses to registration plates these days.

Also getting random calls from random numbers on my mobile at least twice a week nowadays. I never answer. Google the number later on, see a dozen people complaining that the call is coming from an overseas ad agency, block number. Seriously ****ing annoying. I've never abused/messed with a telemarketer over the phone before but I'm getting tempted.

Last edited:

My parents added their home number to this list and they still get calls at least once every 2 days from telemarketers/scammers.

Got a nice email from the police yesterday saying that I've been charged with negligent driving and I need to pay an $89 fine! Didn't know VicPol link email addresses to registration plates these days.

Also getting random calls from random numbers on my mobile at least twice a week nowadays. I never answer. Google the number later on, see a dozen people complaining that the call is coming from an overseas ad agency, block number. Seriously ****ing annoying. I've never abused/messed with a telemarketer over the phone before but I'm getting tempted.
In addition to Googling the number, you can try putting the phone number into Pay I.D. via Internet banking. If the phone number is registered via Pay I.D., it will reveal the name associated with that phone number.

In addition to Googling the number, you can try putting the phone number into Pay I.D. via Internet banking. If the phone number is registered via Pay I.D., it will reveal the name associated with that phone number.

The scammers spoof numbers though. They have spoofed my number before and I have got angry texts from people abusing me and telling me that I am not really the ATO. No shit sherlock.

Remove this Banner Ad

Computers & Internet Imposter Landline calls

Remove this Banner Ad

Back