CJH

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2000
Belgrave
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Nick Daffy has been much pilloried by most Richmond supporters over his dismal underperformance over the past few seasons.

Last week, a warm fuzzy article appeared in The Age which alluded to some possible reasons for this. <A HREF="http://www.realfooty.com.au/news...Dec13.html" TARGET=_blank>A Tiger's tale: the trouble with Nick Daffy
</A>

It has transpired that his poor form can be attributed to:

• His mother being diagnosed with having a brain tumor which was discovered 2 weeks before he was arrested in Bendigo.
  • He had a poor pre-season after having to undergo a 'customary end of season operation'

All I can say about this is that is that you are fortunate enough to have another opportunity to redeem yourself. Commit yourself 100% to this season and you may be able to gain favour amongst the supporters again. We will be watching and if you fail to deliver, the baying for blood will be stronger than before.

It is in your court now son.

------------------
This is a hallucination and these faces are in a dream. A computer generated environment; a fantasy island you can do anything and not have to face the consequences.

[This message has been edited by CJH (edited 19 December 2000).]

CJH, I like Daffy as much as the next tiger supporter and if he kept or keeps on playing each game, I'll watch him. Every player has flaws, none of them are perfect, they are only human.

Your post started off ok but the last paragraph went off the rails. Are you talking to the Board or to Daffy? Would Daffy read your post? I don't think so.

------------------
Welcome to the jungle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back