In Didaka's Honour - Donate to Peter Mac Cancer Foundation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your time has already come and we don’t know why
The last thing we heard you were doing just fine
It seems like just yesterday we were laughing with you
It’s hard to believe it is already the end of the line...

We recently lost one of our greatest posters.

‘Didaka’ began sharing with us his journey in June 2008 and many of us have followed his progress with great fear and anticipation. We were saddened by his posts which described his darkest hours and inspired by the courage he showed during the greatest fight of his life.

Sadly, Didaka lost his fight to cancer. Cancer affects every single Australian at some point in their lives. Whether it be directly to the individual, a family member or in our case a friend who we know purely through his words and alias.

In memory of our great board member and friend we will be donating the left over funds from our player sponsorship kitty to the Peter Mac Cancer Foundation. This foundation was chosen as we know Didaka spent some time with the institute during his battle. We are able to make the donation officially in memory of Didaka. For those who would like more information on this foundation please following this link: http://www.petermac.org/Foundation/Home

I would like to invite you to contribute to our donation in Didaka’s honour. Pie eyed has kindly donated his time and bank details where the money can transferred and we will then make one donation with all of money combined. His bank details are as follows:

Please ensure you include your BF Username with any transfer.
National Australia Bank
Bsb. 086712
Acc. No. 180619862

This is open to all members and not just Collingwood supporters.

Peter Mac hopes to “completely eradicate cancers and spare patients and their loved ones from the suffering it causes.” Let’s help to make this difference in memory of Didaka.

Donators
Shellz
Quicky
Daicos Mullets
joxstrap
Copeland
de_LICA_ish18
Kazy
Pie 4 life

Quicky as far as I know the 'Account Name' is more for your own reference. I don't think you have to provide the actual account name.

If people wish to provide how much they have donated I will make a list at the top in the first page :)

Donation sent.

It'd be cool to see how much we send off in one large amount. Maybe Pie Eyed could update us when the final amount is sent off.

Great idea, and thanks to those who made it happen.

Donation sent.

Also guys, a reminder to have a chat with your Dr when you see him next about cancer. Any moles you have get them checked. If you have bowel cancer in your family like I have, inquire about a colonoscopy. I have had one and due for another, for my family's sake I wont delay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being a poor uni student, I wish I could donate more, but nonetheless I felt I had to contribute to such a wonderful cause, as Didaka would do the same for us.

All the best mate, and may someone, somewhere find the cure to the bastard that killed you and stop it from happening.

R.I.P Didaka

Shattered I just saw this thread. I'll be donating the minute my next pay cheque comes in as I donated some money today to the Childrens Hospital Appeal. Let's definitely keep this thread afloat so we can raise as much money as we can.

Great effort by Shellz, Moderators, Donators and everyone on the Pie board. It's great to see us all come together like this for a great cause and a great bloke. RIP Didaka.

Hi everyone,

I've updated the list with those who have said they have transferred the money across.

I would love to give you a total so far but with the Easter/Anzac Day public holidays I doubt Pie eyed has actually received any of our money!

It'll be interesting to see the list once Pie eyed updates it.

Keep up the good work all!!

$375 raised so far. Great effort but we can do better! We did raise over $2500 for the player sponsorship so we have the ability to raise even more in memory of Didaka!!

I hope you got my donation from April 22nd? Wasn't much, but it all goes towards the cause.

Hi Pie 4 Life, you're best to check with Pie Eyed he has been handling the actual donations.

I've decided to close off the donations as of Friday, 13th May.

That's 4 more days for everyone to keep giving :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back