Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
Sex, drugs and banking.

New favourite gem of a show, set in a prestigious London investment bank and follows a bunch of new grads who are all competing for a permeant spot.

Someone described it to me as 'Skins with Jobs' and that's pretty accurate. The cast are pretty much all unknowns, except for Ken Leung who is a MD at the firm and one of the grads' mentor and a ****ing G. Their relationship is awesome to watch unfold.

A lot of finance jargon in the show, but you don't need to have worked on a trading floor and priced a trade option to know the gravity of some of the decisions being made and their potential risk/rewards.

Shoutout to the amazing score, that's utterly hypnotic and the direction. First episode was done by (shocker) Lena Dunham, and sets the tone for the rest of the season.

Wanna corner the market on starting threads on shows that no one here watches, but Industry is back for S2 and its lost none of it's spark.

Had the comparison in the op wrong...it's more like the bastard love child of Succession and Euphoria. And two episodes into season two, and the showrunners have a even better grasp of the characters, particularly with the main lead Harper, played by Myha'la Herrold. Episode 2 of the new season is a banger.

Between this and The Bear, ultimate vibe shows for the year.

(All streaming on Binge)

Definitely a subtitle on type show. There are background conversations (often with Rishi) that you could completely miss otherwise.

But yeah, finished the finale last night and imo this was a damn near perfect season of television.

Myha'la Herrold and Ken Leung, absolutely crushed it, especially in those final episodes. A stacked year for great shows...this might just be my favourite of the lot.

Swear I thought this thread had more juice...

But back for season 3. Moved to primetime, Sunday Night HBO. Which is fitting for what might be the best ongoing drama currently airing.

Incredibly messy first episode, in the best possible. Would have lost money shorting Harper stock at the end of last season, given how seemingly well adjusted she is...comparatively.

Have a feeling Kit is going to be real good on this show.

Swear I thought this thread had more juice...

But back for season 3. Moved to primetime, Sunday Night HBO. Which is fitting for what might be the best ongoing drama currently airing.

Incredibly messy first episode, in the best possible. Would have lost money shorting Harper stock at the end of last season, given how seemingly well adjusted she is...comparatively.

Have a feeling Kit is going to be real good on this show.

Do I need to go back and watch the S02 finale?

I’m pleasantly surprised that it’s back!

Ripper show

Geez this is a great show.

Watched the first couple of eps of season three and then went back and watched the first two seasons again.

I do like how they incorporate real-life events and fictionalise them for the story line (UK Gilts in the latest ep).

Ken Leung is :thumbsu:

Aye, gimme all that Rishi smoke. ****ing hell.

Top episode, one of the best they've done. Outstanding first half of the season.

"Ericcccc...Look at me. Your face is shimmering"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just smashed through s1 and s2 over last two weeks. Really loved s1 and thought it would be a worthy "succesor" to Succession
S2 seemed more like a mix of Euphoria/Gossip girl type soapy drama and the corporate wheeling & dealings of Succession (and sometimes Mad men), which is still bloody entertaining but maybe didnt live up to the highs of s1.
Heard s3 has started pretty well though so pretty keen to crack in. The cast is so on point and dialogue great.

s1 was ok but stopped 2 eps into s2. Thought they were too obsessed with the sex stuff ..clearly for ratings. Bit even teeny about it. Clement character interested me the most first season but that petered out a bit. Found the two main characters a litttle annoying in the end.

Nowhere near the class of writing and performance of Succession

Remove this Banner Ad

Streaming Industry

Remove this Banner Ad

Back