Debutant
Aug 23, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Boston Celtics
Hi guys,

Quick question. I have looked absolutely everywhere to get an update on your injuries, your website hasn't updated them and I can't find them anywhere else.

Are you guys able to help me out please? That'd be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Arocca sustained a paper cut whilst adding paper to the photocopier and the Membership Manager has RSI due to record level of member sign ups but apart from that, no major injury concerns to report.

Arocca sustained a paper cut whilst adding paper to the photocopier and the Membership Manager has RSI due to record level of member sign ups but apart from that, no major injury concerns to report.

Wow, my sides are splitting :rolleyes:

You heard it wrong. It was the paper that sustained an Arocca cut.

My 2nd attempt.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You heard it wrong. It was the paper that sustained an Arocca cut.

Just a question out of the blue...

Very rarely you see peoples avatar of a guy who is a reserves player at best and insn't in a sides best 22.

Do you think this is a blight on your early judgement of a players abilty or were you just unlucky on this occasion?

Wow, my sides are splitting :rolleyes:

I will add you to the injury list then.

So that's Arocca, Membership guy and TheGoldenBoy.

List is growing now that you
mention it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amount of injuries so far this weekend of the practice matches has been a bit of a concern, fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Nothing of any consequence that I could see. We sat immediately behind the player race and the physio area, so we saw all players who came off sore at any stage.

Patch took a knock to the right forearm, was concerned for a bit, but after some physio, went back on.

LT is slightly more of a concern. Came off hobbling with about 10 minutes to go in the 4th, seemed to be a hamstring strain or perhaps a corky. More likely the latter. Was subbed off, but with rest is likely to be fine for rnd 1.

LA seemed to have hamstring issues and was getting work, as was Harps, both late in the 4th, though, when most of the North boys were finding it hard. Any time anyone questions the work ethic of our guys, come and sit near the bench sometime. It is amazing to see.

Spitta of course took that hit in the face, and was bandaged for a quarter or so, don't know of his condition, but suspect he'll play. Just on Spitta, he was absolutely spent in the last, as were a number of others, including Cunners, but they had to keep going back on.

At one stage one of the assistant coaches (couldn't tell who it was) called out to the guys getting work: "are you right boys, we need some rotations"... two of them got up, LA was still clearly in pain... Coach: "LA?" reply: "Yeah I'm good..." and he got up from the physio work and went back on.

It was something to see. If you've never done it before and you get the chance, it's an amazing experience, watching how a bench operates in a full on AFL game.

Make no mistake, this might have been a practice match, but both sides went 100%. Makes it all the sweeter to have played the way we did.

Spitta of course took that hit in the face, and was bandaged for a quarter or so, don't know of his condition, but suspect he'll play. Just on Spitta, he was absolutely spent in the last, as were a number of others, including Cunners, but they had to keep going back on.

He came back on and played as if he was completely unaffected, picking up several possessions in the last quarter. The captain is made of the right stuff.

At one stage one of the assistant coaches (couldn't tell who it was) called out to the guys getting work: "are you right boys, we need some rotations"... two of them got up, LA was still clearly in pain... Coach: "LA?" reply: "Yeah I'm good..." and he got up from the physio work and went back on.

It was something to see. If you've never done it before and you get the chance, it's an amazing experience, watching how a bench operates in a full on AFL game.

Great feedback. Liam has been very impressive this pre season, probably our most consistent player. He is playing like he has a point to prove.

Make no mistake, this might have been a practice match, but both sides went 100%. Makes it all the sweeter to have played the way we did.

The fact that we held a Carlton side that utilised all it's 25 players was the most single pleasing factor to come out of yesterdays match. Essendon will not want to be underdone or we will roll straight over them just like we did last season.

I have to mention Adams influence again. Whenever he gets the ball forward of the centre, we look like scoring. He is a seriously good player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injuries?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back