Ins and outs for 2011.

Remove this Banner Ad

Its about 25-30 minutes from the CBD. Don't know if it will be a good game to be honest. Hobart/Glenorchy are up at the TCA (about 5 from the cbd). Both are top vs bottom team games really. Theres a game before the seniors yes.

Crowds wise not to sure. Seeing as its the first game 800-1000 at Lauderdale would be possible. Other game in Hobart might get a few more with Aker and Glenorchy but it depends on the weather I guess.

The lauderdale/north Hobart game will be a much better game than the glenorchy/Hobart game. Lauderdale have a decent record against north at home, and with windy in charge don't expect the bombers to let teams run over them at home.

And going off glenorchys last trip to the tca, it might be a different results than u would be expecting norchypie

Dodges got Jayde work, so it made the decision a bit easier for him I'm guessing. I can't speak for Bomber but I know that Jayde has said to Hobart that he is playing for Dodges.

Hobart would have found work for Young had he actually told them he was after it, thing is he did the pre season before Christmas then dissapeared never to be seen or heard from again, wouldn't return calls etc and the coach only found out via the grapevine (I imagine from the postman?) so I guess if you classify that as telling them, then yeh sure. I am also aware that a couple of the New Norfolk boys did exactly the same as did Johnson who went to Brighton, these young kids today think with their wallets I imagine and lack basic respect when it comes to how the appropriately communicate, surely it wouldbe easier to just say to the coach, "I'm off because they can pay me a heap more than you guys" which is mainly what it is about isn't it.

On another topic I read today Steve Allie speaking of the possible income for the pies if they get 8k for the 1st game saying it basically covers costs of Acker? How do they fit Acker (even with dispensation from AFL Tas), Reynolds, Mott, Kameric, Hunt, Bowring, Corbett, Crouch, bowden and the rest of them under the salary cap:eek: Reynolds is on 30K apparently, isn't the cap 60K ?

One can only assume that there is a lot going on behind closed doors with some clubs by AFL Tas but others such as Hobart don't, reminds me of a pauper's version of the English Premier league, top teams basically the ones with the money and best income streams.:rolleyes:

Fair enough. Fitze is respected, no doubt. Anyone who is as hard as him should be respected. He is not a better player than Jesse O'Neal. Any Clarence posters on here have an opinion on whether Fitta could get a game with the Roos?

It’s pretty interesting the opinions different people have. Fitz and Perkins would defiantly get a game with Clarence (IMO). What position who knows. Different players prosper at different clubs. An example is young Tim Castle was playing in between 1's and 2’s at Sorell :eek:. Then went to Clarence took a year to establish himself and played in a Senior TSL premiership. They are all pretty good players I reckon, Godden has certainly matured over the last couple of years, he still go's to ground a bit too often for the higher level though..................

Have you played in both, BBDog? A bloke of Wallers talent, fitness and work rate won't need much time to get going IMO. He's got a big job to do now that he doesn't have Josh Godden, Pinnar Barwin and Issac Bennett playing by his side in the middle this year ;):D

Ha Ha, Yes, not well though! Was told he was very good on the weekend against Devonport...............:thumbsu: and got his head in the paper yesterday.

Hobart would have found work for Young had he actually told them he was after it, thing is he did the pre season before Christmas then dissapeared never to be seen or heard from again, wouldn't return calls etc and the coach only found out via the grapevine (I imagine from the postman?) so I guess if you classify that as telling them, then yeh sure. I am also aware that a couple of the New Norfolk boys did exactly the same as did Johnson who went to Brighton, these young kids today think with their wallets I imagine and lack basic respect when it comes to how the appropriately communicate, surely it wouldbe easier to just say to the coach, "I'm off because they can pay me a heap more than you guys" which is mainly what it is about isn't it.

On another topic I read today Steve Allie speaking of the possible income for the pies if they get 8k for the 1st game saying it basically covers costs of Acker? How do they fit Acker (even with dispensation from AFL Tas), Reynolds, Mott, Kameric, Hunt, Bowring, Corbett, Crouch, bowden and the rest of them under the salary cap:eek: Reynolds is on 30K apparently, isn't the cap 60K ?

One can only assume that there is a lot going on behind closed doors with some clubs by AFL Tas but others such as Hobart don't, reminds me of a pauper's version of the English Premier league, top teams basically the ones with the money and best income streams.:rolleyes:
Mate the blokes were probably too scared to approach Brer and tell them they were leaving.
I agree with not understanding how the magpies can fit all those players under the salary cap but good on them for doing it. Hobart deliberatly went after SFL players and not top quality for some reason i don't know why, they have enough money, enough good young kids, why wouldnt you spend some money on good footballers/people to get to your club. Look at Lauderdale, i believe they have turned things around down there in the space of 18 months, great coach, great kids, and recruited a bit of experience to their list and should be a real surpise packet for 2011 and beyond. Hobart really come across as an SFL club. I'm not too sure what you mean by behind closed doors with afltas but dont afltas provide hobart with a football manager??

who r the two vic boys lauderdale signed black dog,u got any info u can gives us like names?my mate rekons they signed recently

Roysieboy ignore the Norchy boys advice. Lauderdale is 19k's from the GPO & 22 minutes according to Google Maps (and I think those times are conservative).

North Hobart/Lauderdale will definitely be a better contest. Come and find out who these Vic boys are. You decide whether Waller is better than Fitz/Perkins, frankly I don't care as long as they all perform.

The beers better at the bar this year because its Boags.

i don't think percy has gone for the money has gone to try for a flag with his home town team, as far as i know he didn't want to playt in crap side as everyone was leaving, as for coombe he decided to play at d.f last year as soon as he found out about the no reserves this year, he even came on last years mad monday to get know a few more of the boys, he's mates with a few already, as for bomber i think the oppitunity to play in a good side apealed to him and he has a few mates down there too and will coombe would be one of his close friends so he decided to go have a kick at shark park

Roysieboy ignore the Norchy boys advice. Lauderdale is 19k's from the GPO & 22 minutes according to Google Maps (and I think those times are conservative).

North Hobart/Lauderdale will definitely be a better contest. Come and find out who these Vic boys are. You decide whether Waller is better than Fitz/Perkins, frankly I don't care as long as they all perform.

The beers better at the bar this year because its Boags.
dont no bout the boags but have enuf and it mite taste alright , vic bitter 4 me,but will go watch laudy cos love the name,save me seat at the bar izzat wright

I don't like to bag out another club but likeing Hobart to an SFL club and at the same time talking up Lauderdale as a model club is a bit of the pot calling the kettle black.
Hobart recruited young players from the standout 3 SFL teams of 2009 which is the next best comp down South they didn't pay big money for "star" players because quite frankly the players were not worth what they were asking.
Unfortunately apart from Jeremy Howe and Todd Willing the majority of the others couldn't handle the standard of the competition or didn't have the commitment required to play in the state league.
You can forget all of this wanting to play with mates at a lower level stuff the reality is most of these guys want to be big fish in a smaller pond.
Apart from Howe and Burbury the only other player Hobart will really miss from last year is Ellis Perry and maybe to a lesser degree Sam Hall.
With all due respect to the boys gone to Dodges good luck to them, but all would have struggled to get a senior game this year and they knew it. All of them including Coombe trained at Hobart during the pre-season and all were thought to be playing there this year.
Hobart underperformed last year badly but they were also crippled with injuries, by about round 4 they had already lost Mills, Neville, Garrett, Harvey, McCullouch and Flood effectively for the season, so they never really showed what they were capable of (North Hobart and Glenorchy games exceptions).
Hobart will go ok this year and will be better off as a side and a club for some of the departures, the additions of Briggs, Quirk, Crosswell, Kelly and returning Harvey and Flood will more than make up for them.

who r the two vic boys lauderdale signed black dog,u got any info u can gives us like names?my mate rekons they signed recently

Signed. Big Ruckman and On-Baller/Utility. I dont know which one is which but ones name is Liam Sabri and the other Hayden someone. Both played TAC Cup last year. Both done pre-season with Bendigo Bombers but must not have made the cut. Both were recomended to the club by Shannon Grant (Bendigo coach). Thats what I am told anyway (at the bar:p).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't like to bag out another club but likeing Hobart to an SFL club and at the same time talking up Lauderdale as a model club is a bit of the pot calling the kettle black.
Hobart recruited young players from the standout 3 SFL teams of 2009 which is the next best comp down South they didn't pay big money for "star" players because quite frankly the players were not worth what they were asking.
Unfortunately apart from Jeremy Howe and Todd Willing the majority of the others couldn't handle the standard of the competition or didn't have the commitment required to play in the state league.
You can forget all of this wanting to play with mates at a lower level stuff the reality is most of these guys want to be big fish in a smaller pond.
Apart from Howe and Burbury the only other player Hobart will really miss from last year is Ellis Perry and maybe to a lesser degree Sam Hall.
With all due respect to the boys gone to Dodges good luck to them, but all would have struggled to get a senior game this year and they knew it. All of them including Coombe trained at Hobart during the pre-season and all were thought to be playing there this year.
Hobart underperformed last year badly but they were also crippled with injuries, by about round 4 they had already lost Mills, Neville, Garrett, Harvey, McCullouch and Flood effectively for the season, so they never really showed what they were capable of (North Hobart and Glenorchy games exceptions).
Hobart will go ok this year and will be better off as a side and a club for some of the departures, the additions of Briggs, Quirk, Crosswell, Kelly and returning Harvey and Flood will more than make up for them.

where has mcculloch gone this year??

What the **** is wrong with playing at another club? Just because a few of them left doesn't mean they're going for money. Dodges isn't a club that throws the money around. Danny Ling would be on less than most coaches and the highest paid player would only be getting a few hundred a game. I was told Jayde said to Hobart that there pretty much no chance of him going back to the TCA. He's happy at Dodges.

Coombe isn't at Dodges for money. He's not a walk up start in the seniors there!

Cure, do you actually think Young and Nichols would have struggled to get a game at Hobart this year? Is that why they've been denying clearance after clearance?

It’s pretty interesting the opinions different people have. Fitz and Perkins would defiantly get a game with Clarence (IMO). What position who knows. Different players prosper at different clubs. An example is young Tim Castle was playing in between 1's and 2’s at Sorell :eek:. Then went to Clarence took a year to establish himself and played in a Senior TSL premiership. They are all pretty good players I reckon, Godden has certainly matured over the last couple of years, he still go's to ground a bit too often for the higher level though..................

Fair enough. With Fitta I doubt he'd get a game there because there's other people who could do the job better, IMO. He's an inside player, very hard at it but Clarence already have plenty of the same type (who are most likely quicker and have better disposal). I wasn't having a crack at Fitze or Perkins

I think Bomber and Jayde would both struggle to be in the top 22 at Hobart if they were there this year. They are both capable players but were in and out of the senior team last year (Bomber has been up and down for years and has never cemented a senior spot ) and played more senior football than they probably deserved because of the huge number of injuries and guys being out with school and Mariner’s commitments. Whilst it's being reported about the loss of players at Hobart, they also have quite a few recruits plus others coming back from injury.

Once again good luck to them down at Dodges they are both great guys and will be good players in the SFL, but these excuses that they just want to play in a premiership or because of the supposed mass exodus at Hobart I don’t feel is the complete reason why they left, although I don’t think it is a money thing either.

Also the reason why Hobart has denied clearances, as stated in today’s paper, is that most of these players signed 2 year contracts last year. As stated previously the only player that they will really miss is Ellis Perry, the others I don’t think the coaches actually mind leaving, but a contract is a contract and while personally I think the club should let them go, I also understand the reasoning behind making a bit of a stand out of principle.

I think Bomber and Jayde would both struggle to be in the top 22 at Hobart if they were there this year. They are both capable players but were in and out of the senior team last year (Bomber has been up and down for years and has never cemented a senior spot ) and played more senior football than they probably deserved because of the huge number of injuries and guys being out with school and Mariner’s commitments. Whilst it's being reported about the loss of players at Hobart, they also have quite a few recruits plus others coming back from injury.

Once again good luck to them down at Dodges they are both great guys and will be good players in the SFL, but these excuses that they just want to play in a premiership or because of the supposed mass exodus at Hobart I don’t feel is the complete reason why they left, although I don’t think it is a money thing either.

Also the reason why Hobart has denied clearances, as stated in today’s paper, is that most of these players signed 2 year contracts last year. As stated previously the only player that they will really miss is Ellis Perry, the others I don’t think the coaches actually mind leaving, but a contract is a contract and while personally I think the club should let them go, I also understand the reasoning behind making a bit of a stand out of principle.

think Bomber and Jayde would both struggle to be in the top 22

baha baha get your head out of your ass

The fact of the matter is from what I am to believe the coaching staff thinks higher of other players that would compete for the same positions as these 2, that’s why they would struggle in the top 22. As someone who has watched Jayde for the majority of his games last year at Hobart and watching Bomber for the last 4 years I think I would be in a reasonable position to assess how they would rate against Hobart’s current crop of players.

I know you guy’s want to talk up Dodges, but who do you think that they would get a game in front of who play similar positions? Obviously if you think that Jayde and Bomber were certainties for the top 22, you would able to name who they would be better than. Or perhaps you don’t know Hobart’s current playing list well enough to make that judgement.

Bomber played the majority of the second half of the year in the 1’s when all the injuries had hit but started the year off in the 2’s.

I don’t know if Mculloch is playing anywhere this year as he has been plagued with an ankle injury. He hurt his ankle in the first game of the 2009 season and struggled with it all year. Last season he only got a few games in the 2’s because of the same injury. He trained a couple of times this pre-season but I think the injury has got the better of him.

I know you guy’s want to talk up Dodges

Hmmm, seems like you Hobart blokes think you've got a pretty good list and some Hobart people are keen to stick the boot into those that leave. Maybe you forgot you won about 5 games last year (+ you got beaten by Lauderdale at home twice). Obviously you've got a bit to improve on

Nichols played 17 senior games according to sportingpulse. He's a very capable player

think Bomber and Jayde would both struggle to be in the top 22

baha baha get your head out of your ass

From what I know of both guys they would be more than welcome at the club (Hobart) however the difference between the TSL and the next level leagues is pretty much committment. To play TSL requires a greater committment than what many players are prepared to give, money? well it has to be better getting $125 per game at Dodges (example only) and training x2 per per week than having to do 4-7 sessions per week at Hobart on the same money? In the pre season Hobart did 3 sessions together as a group, 2 in the afternoon and one at 6am midweek and also were required to do extra sessions in their own time, all the players whom left obviously decided they couldn't committ to this. I am told Coombe, Young and a group of other players, about 12 in total were doing pre season in September with the Hobart fitness guy and Young said then he was playing at Hobart as rumours had already started, he trained till Christmas then dissapeared. The truth is all the players being refused clearances simply did not show the club, coaches or their former team mates the respect or dignity to be honest. Nice guys yes but not guys that will take the club forward.

As for the players whom have left, mass exedous isn't accurate, they were either guys who didn't want to go around again or reserves players, similar to other clubs I suspect, Hobart just listed theirs where other clubs didn't.

Perry is a huge loss but I am told he will be back next season and Styles as mentioned had health problems and I also found out he moved back to the Valley because his GF had a baby so it makes sense he goes back, I would imagine his clearence or permit will be granted?

So the Mercury article was pretty one sided and was again Hobart bashing, just taking their bedfellows, AFL Tas, lead and kicking Hobart whilst they are struggling, Karma could be about to bite, if Hobart have a winning season AFL Tas may have to find another club to pick on? Notice Armstrong said Hobart will get the wooden spoon, I bet that is what his bosses are hoping?

So the Mercury article was pretty one sided and was again Hobart bashing, just taking their bedfellows, AFL Tas, lead and kicking Hobart whilst they are struggling, Karma could be about to bite, if Hobart have a winning season AFL Tas may have to find another club to pick on? Notice Armstrong said Hobart will get the wooden spoon, I bet that is what his bosses are hoping?

Thats a new one:confused:, Hobart football club versus the rest of the world. "they all hate us". Ive never heard them come out with that one before:p.
Good luck Hobart, but stop blaming the rest of the world for your problems. AFL Wade recons you guys are the best club financially in the league. How about showing it instead of bitching about everything & everyone else for a change.

Thats a new one:confused:, Hobart football club versus the rest of the world. "they all hate us". Ive never heard them come out with that one before:p.
Good luck Hobart, but stop blaming the rest of the world for your problems. AFL Wade recons you guys are the best club financially in the league. How about showing it instead of bitching about everything & everyone else for a change.

Long bow from my comments, just highlighting the fact that the Mercury only told one side of the story. Not implying it is the world v Hobart, common knowledge that the board at Hobart is their biggest problem but AFL Tas are wheeling and dealing behind closed doors, common knowledge! As for spending money, on who, all the better players on offer in last couple of seasons wanted huge amounts of money, we all know spending up big for short term gain only brings long term pain, lots of overpaid footy players in Tassie that is for sure when compared to sportsmen and women from other sports so Hobart being sensible, play kids and save money and hope to build a strong unit and hope that Wade doesn't screw the comp up yet again;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ins and outs for 2011.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back