Ins & outs v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Get Hislop, Nash, Hocking, Dempsey, Stanton, McPhee and perhaps Fletcher into the team.
Remove Peverill, Johnson, Michael, Atkinson, Chartres and Lovett Murray.
Want Pears and Myers to stay into the team. Hopefully Riewoldt gets a game as Id love to see Ryder or perhaps even Pears get a crack at him. Im hoping St Kilda puts out a competitive team so we can get a better indication at some of the quality of our players.

Knighter has a set plan and has stuck to it so far and will continue to do so.

The NAB cup, while a bonus if we could snare it, is not the aim and round 1 is the main focus.

He has dropped players and not picked players, in order to keep them fresh or play it safe with injury concerns, all in order to have them right for round 1.

We have a great record against StKilda and we could pick a side with real pace, that possibly could expose them, but we won't.

We will pick a side that will give us the best build up for round 1.

So what ever side we pick for next week, be happy with it as it is being picked for round 1, not NAB round 3.

At the family day today Knights did say he had a plan and that Stanton would play and he hasn't decided on fletch.
What a great day today was fortunate to coach R Dyson at U/17 level so was able to get a few short cuts with photos and autographs.
Thanks Ricky!!!:thumbsu:

I'd like to see Nash get a run in the centre, see how he goes. He might be one of the guys that gets rotated through the centre throughout the year, which would be good. Imagine how much Lloyd and Lucas would love leading out to his kicks :eek:

Ryder cannot ruck this game. Need him to curb Kosi.

Stanton and McPhee would be good to see back.
Perhaps rest JJ and Pev who have worked hard in recent weeks.

would like to see reimers, atkinson, houli and lonergan stay out there

I doubt Kosi will be out there aginst us next week given his scare on the weekend and with Gehrig gone he will be cotton-wooled for round 1. Atkinson and Pears can run off their 4th best tall forward and Dusty on Riewoldt.

Likewise I dubt we will play McPhee in the NAB game given he is suffering tightness. JJ can do with the rest but Pev needs a cracker this week or he can't possibly be a chance of making our round 1 squad hence he stays in.

Watching Friday nights game I thought the game might slowly be going past JJ?

Yep, have to agree on this one.

Even in the first game where he got a bit of the ball in the second half he looked very ordinary at the start when the pace of the game was pretty high.

I say play him every game possible and see if he can get his body and fitness up back up to AFL standard.

I reckon he and Peverill are competing for a spot in the side and that's probably just as an emergency as players like Monfries, Dyson, Houli, Hocking :D have gone past them.

Pears is a very good player, like his pace and speed. Hopefully he gets another run with myers. Fletch has been around long enough to striaght to round one. Give Lucas a rest as his done enough. Johns needs a run and so does lee. Any word on Winderlich?? He looks fit but he is a player that i think is ready to have a big year... he would really be good in the quick midfield

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you're responsible for developing Ricky's skills?!?! :eek: ;)
He's going to be very good this year mark my words!!!:thumbsu:
Was rapt to see Reimers playing on Acker on friday night gave him PLENTY of stick to which was great don't know how long he played on him for but he definitely doesn't take a backward step. I'm very happy to predict a few headaches for Knights and the rest of the selection commitee in the coming weeks, was listening to a couple of people talk of our forward line potential , would you belive they didn't mention number 18?????

I know you guys are talking about the St.Kilda game. I know Knights has blooded kids in the NAB Cup and you have quite a few guys to come back in, but what are the chances of Houli remaining in the team for Round 1?

They won't risk McPhee will they? Has he recovered? They will err on the side of caution surely.

Will one of the young guns get the job on Reiwoldt if he plays, or a more experienced defender?

I know you guys are talking about the St.Kilda game. I know Knights has blooded kids in the NAB Cup and you have quite a few guys to come back in, but what are the chances of Houli remaining in the team for Round 1?

Barring injury he is almost guaranteed.

There is already a thread for SC/DT questions.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Ins & outs v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back